1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dark Souls

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by TwistedImage, May 22, 2011.

1. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope, I've only killed the little ones.

How did the patch affect your non-faggot weapons? My occult demon's great machete was made a lot better, but the demon's greataxe scaled even better. I forgot checking Artorias' greatsword. :|

2. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My weapons are about the same. (They're all chaos +5). They weren't nerfed or buffed. I know lightning was nerfed, and pretty much every weapon other than fire and lightning were buffed.

My dusk skirt was nerfed. :|

3. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, right, the new patch. So now I can finally fully upgrade the Giant set then, I think (if the Twinkling Titanite chunks are indeed purchasable now).

No more TwoP, RoF, and cheats. Woo! :p

4. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I bought 14 twinklenites and am now wearing Black Iron +5. Kinda surprised at how it's barely any better than Smough's (it looks better and provides better stamina regen though, I believe). Why would you use Giant's set?

5. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's got the highest defense, I think. Smough's is 109? I'd already upgraded the Giant armor before the patch, which I believe has 112 defense. Smough's armor still has the best fire resistance though, and Havel's armor has the best poise and curse resistance.

But what's the fully upgraded Black Iron armor defense?

6. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Black Iron Leggings and Gauntlets (+5) have higher physical defence than their Smough's counterpartsm especially when it comes to strike. Black Iron armour is .6 below in normal, considerably above in strike and infinitesimally below in the two remaining whose names I don't remember.

Black Iron has best fire res in the game. It's worse on the magic and lightning front than Smough's, though; Smough's has best lightning defence, Havel's has best magic defence I believe.

7. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just beat the game with a couple of friends; we'd switch control when someone died.

Soul Level 1 (Pyromancer)
    Weapon: Reinforced Club (Lightning +5 eventually)
    Shield: Tower Shield / Knight's Shield
    Armor: Onion Helmet / Nothing
    Time taken to beat the game: 6 hours 12 minutes

Worth every minute of the work taken to do so.

8. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    ... D:

I must beat you

9. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, that's fast. I spent over 90 hours on my first playthrough, heh (about 30 or so on NG++).

10. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was on Redbull, 5 A.M. in the morning when we finished.

We only died like fifteen times. Three against Gwyn, a couple vs the Four Kings, else we did fairly well.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  11. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WlVBVKAFFg4

12. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh god why does it look so awesome

shit i need a new processor

fuck i need a new pc

Also, I have been playing the game as a LEVEL 1 PYROMANCER, using a CAESTUS as a weapon. 5 hours in, and I've played linearly down to Ceaseless Discharge. It is... not going well. I spent like an hour on Quelaag.

13. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is the cestus upgraded or no?

...I kinda want to try that, tbh.
    Maybe with claws...

Hopefully the PC version will come out as DLC for those using a game system. I hope, else it'll be another $60 down the drain.

anyhoo, currently I'm trolling kiddles in the painting world, using the gravelord covenant and hiding in the very beginning area before the bonfire. (The snow path allows you to walk up different sides and hide while invaders take ~10 minutes trying to find you.)

Just in case you care what my build is

My current build is:
    Pyromancer

SL: 30

Vit 10
    Att 12
    End 11
    Str 26
    Dex 9
    Res 12
    Int 25
    Faith 8

Large Club+15
    Divine Dagger+5 (parrying for teh lulz)
    Oolacile Catalyst

Big Hat
    Giant Armor +5
    Hard Leather Boots

Havel's Ring
    Dark Wood Grain Ring

Spells:
    Crystal Magic Weapon
    Homing Crystal Soulmass

The large club inflicts about ~860 damage when buffed, and has poison.

14. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tried with an unupgraded caestus, then Quelaag was like HUEHUEHUE I INSTAKILL YOU AND YOU NEED TO HIT ME SEVERAL HUNDRED TIMES TO WIN UMAD?

So I went and got it to +5.

15. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good luck with four kings.

:s

16. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:

yeahno, I think I'm gonna give up on that character.

Maybe I'll make a caestus-only character allowed to level up.

On the topic of Four Kings, my "main" is stuck there. I'm in NG+++ and I can't figure out how the damage on their hits is calculated.

Their overhead swing either deals high damage (40% of my health), or outright instakills me. Same goes for their stab thing. This is, of course, assuming that I don't block (I don't have time to, because I'm screwed the moment two of them spawn).

Maybe I just suck. :D

17. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe a level cap of ~30-40, with a Caestus+15? I think that's reasonable.

---

I'm assuming you're fully tanked up and still taking that damage.

I know getting hit by the hilt of their sword inflicts very little damage, but if that's killing you then you'll have to roll through everything, which is impossible.

Bows are actually decent against the four kings if you can deal more than ~400 damage per hit (which requires ~50 dex), or get the avylen(?) crossbow with lightning bolts as it can rack up some damage. You have to roll out of their attacks if you use this method.

If you can use pyromancies with the upgraded catalyst you can inflict ~1200 damage with the fire whip per cast, considering it hits twice.

If you have to go melee get either a Chaos+5 weapon, Black Knight Greataxe, or Greatsword of Artorias; those can dish out damage quickly enough to kill the Four Kings before the next one spawns.

EDIT: I wanted to say that there's a glitch going around in PvP, if you're doing it.
    Using a dragon torso, no right hand weapon, and a bow in the other hand adds the damage together when backstabbing. With a hornet ring equipped you can deal ~20,000-30,000 damage per backstab.

This isn't too terribly bad if you're doing lower level PvP, but when you have 99 vitality, full Havel's, Mother Mask, Ring of Divine Protection, and someone one-hits you it's pretty surprising. (That's ~2,600 health, btw.)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  18. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't have trouble actually killing them - I use my trusty Demon's Greataxe +15 and the strong magic weapon enchant to hit for like 700 every hit, 2-handed.

It's just that I sometimes get oneshotted by hits that usually don't do much, which is wat.

I actually got them down to one hit needed at one point. I had full health, then he hit me and I died. :(

19. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh.

Oh. Well that's good.
    The 'difference' between the hilt and the actual sword is very slim, I've had problems with that before too.

20. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    So the gist of it is thus: Hug the fucker and beat him to a pulp? Sounds good. I'll try it.