1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dark Souls

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by TwistedImage, May 22, 2011.

1. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've only heard of one other case of freezing, and that was on the Japanese version. Hmm... let's hope patch 1.04 fixes it.

2. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    From lied!

I was just summoned by a level 70 player. I'm level 89. Yeah, that's right, more than twice the difference From said was cap.

3. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, they did. :(

Anychance you've been effected by a gravelord/eye of death?

4. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope. I only recently started being human all the time.

A friend of mine has tried using eyes of death a lot, to no avail.

edit: People seem to prefer direct pvp, anyway.

5. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    From what I've heard you need to be in an area that you haven't defeated a boss, though I haven't been able to test it. :/

6. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've been affected by a gravelord a couple of times. Only noticed it 1 time (the other times they probably died before anything could happen).
    What happened was that when I killed a creep, a red spirit clone of that creep could spawn somewhere nearby. They are a bit stronger than usual as well, I believe.

Not many people seem to be using this covenant though. Mostly Forest, Darkmoon, and Darkwraith.

7. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    http://trendygamers.com/2011/11/02/dark-souls-patch-1-04-information/

Patch 1.04 notes

Notably:

Tranquil Walk nerfed.
    Ring of Fog users are now targetable.
    Scaling is useful now, lightning weapons nerfed (-5%).
    Magic is nerfed.
    Pyromancy scaling nerfed from 270 to 230.
    Gold-hemmed clothing is nerfed.
    Increased drop rate of humanity.
    Dragon-head glitch and magic shield glitch will be fixed.

Giant Blacksmith will sell Twinkling Titanite for 8,000 souls.
    Domnhal of Zena will sell the Master Key.

Also, I tested the Eye of Death.

It has the same effect as using a red soap stone, only they invade you.
    They invade as a 'Spirit of Vengeance' and are blue.

I went full-dick on the invader and killed him when he was bowing, and he dropped an Eye of Death.
    Yeah, Gravelord Servant sucks.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  8. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    ohdearchrist I will be OP

Normal weapons buffed. By a lot. My greataxe will pass 600 damage.

That's it, fuck greatsword of Artorias. I'm just getting 99 strength.

9. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hm, I think standard weapons don't need to be buffed. A level 15 great axe already does more damage than about all rare weapons (except maybe some dragon weapons and Smough's Hammer). Rare weapons are supposed to do more damage than normal weapons, so I don't really get this.

And too bad there's no way the cheaters will be punished or something. People are walking around with millions of souls. Just check any of the top indicated players. All cheaters.

But lots of good stuff as well. Being able to buy twinkling titanite is really great. And ''Lowered requirements for Sunbro covenenant (requirements moved from 50 to 25. 3/4 assists should do the trick)''!

Pff, really? :p
    Happend to me twice. Hate it when they do that.

10. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I only killed him like that to see if they drop anything, I didn't want to have to wait another hour to see if they'd actually come to me.
    I did apologize to him. :/

I'm a little disappointed with the Twinkling Titanite being purchasable, I kinda wish they just increased the drop rate for it.

11. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, fair enough. x)

But yeah, only an increased drop rate would be good as well. I'm glad either way. They are just way too rare right now (I found about 10 per playthrough).

12. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is why we can't have nice things, Derp. I don't even bow because of that. :<

Also, pretty sure demon's greataxe is better than Smough's. I need 1 more strength to find out.

Why should Smough's be better, though? It's easier to get.

edit: ...try sniping things while wearing a symbol of avarice. I dare you.

13. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Smough's Hammer's base damage when fully upgraded is 415. One of the highest in the game (I think only some dragon weapons do more).

But I'm not sure why you keep going with the Demon's Greataxe? Even the normal Greataxe does more damage, and that's including scaling (I upgraded them both to level 10 to check). And the move sets are the same.
    I did read that Demon's Greataxe does more stamina damage on a forum. But I'm not sure if that's true.

Or why not use the Great Club? Has A scaling as well, and a higher base damage than the Demon's Greataxe. Or the Black Knight Greataxe (I'm using this right now), which does slightly less damage (I think), but has a lot more range.

14. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Demon's Greataxe's scaling will likely be increased to S with the next patch. It also has a sweeping attack which is much faster and wider than a normal Greataxe, which is invaluable in PvP.

15. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh God, imagine that axe with an S scaling.

And yeah, it's really goddamn good for PvP. The sweeping attack just doesn't miss, and it takes a huge chunk off the enemy health. My PvP tactic is basically just standing still, blocking everything the enemy does and R2ing if he comes close. It usually works.

Also, Greataxe is better than Demon's Greataxe? This is news to me. I'll upgrade my Greataxe to +15 and see if it's true.

As for the Great Club, it has a shitty move set. I was using a basic club up until I got my dragon's tooth, and I hated its move set so much. All I did was backstab things then R2 them because it was so lame. :<

16. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would be nice, an S scaling. I don't believe there are ANY S strength scaling weapons yet?

But I didn't know Demon's Greataxe had a different move set than the normal one. Will check it out again.

By the way, I got summoned two out of three times today, within a minute (on the last level). I helped someone beat a boss, finally! :p
    The other guy wanted to duel with other teams. Was fun as well.
    The third time my summoning sign vanished. Probably because other people were spamming it too much.

17. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At the moment, the only S scaling weapons are catalysts, and each of them have their own drawbacks. The S scaling pyromancy catalyst costs around 300k souls to fully upgrade, the magic catalyst cuts all charges in half.

I missed Soltaire, I took a detour route. Do you guys know if he re-appears later so I can get the soap stone?

18. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    If he's gone from his original location I don't know what the hell is going on. Don't you have your soapstone from the first playthrough? Try checking his Anor Londo location.

Also, the S scaling pyromancy thing only has an S scaling for bashing your enemies with it, which is pretty worthless.

There's one more S-scaling though; the Black Bow of Pharis. I'm using it currently, and the S-scaling on it is really nothing to write home about. I get a tad more than 100 bonus damage from my 20 dex with a +15 bow.

19. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is on another PvP account, more of a tank type character than anything.
    I have the master key and instead of taking on the Taurus Demon, I killed Havel and took a route through the forest. I tried going to Soltaire's location and ge wasn't there. He isn't at Anor Londo, the hell place (Can't spell its name), nor at the Sunlight Altar. :|

I didn't know about the bow's S rating, though I kinda think its useless with the Dragonslayer Bow.

20. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have you killed the Taurus demon?

Also, is there an easy way to get Dragonslayer arrows? If so, do tell.