• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Running past enemies isn't difficult, sure, the bosses are more difficult, meh.
You could pull it off, it's just that one or two mistakes you make (notably the Silver Knight Archers) that force you to restart.

I personally think the *best* person/people at this game are the ones that can do this:

Level 27
I sold this game, i just don't understand why i can't have a fucking checkpoint before a boss that i've already tried 15 times to beat. I can't run by the monsters between me and him and have to beat all of them every goddamn time and it's rather the boredom of this that causes mistakes not the difficulty.

Level 13
Every boss has a reasonably close bonfire. You could just tell us what boss that's getting your hackles in a bunch, and we could give you a few tips.

Level 13
Your progression is the skill that you, as a player, earn, as well as the levels that your character earns. It's less tangible than progression in other games, but oh so much more satisfying.

After your first playthrough, you can run through the game again without leveling - even though that seemed frankly impossible the first time. That reeks of fantastic game design.

Level 13
The console version will be out after the PC version? Am I reading this right?

If the controls aren't critiqued as extremely clunky (as I expect they will), I'm probably buying it for PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.