Dark Skinned Paladin

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Long overdue~

197186-71c22dfa18d04a1f0ca20a6b45acf81c.png
Previews
Contents

Dark Skinned Paladin (Texture)

Paladin's Hair (Texture)

Level 12
I'm not surprised at all that Blizzard made all the human units white, but it doesn't really fit the lore

Vrykul come in a plethora of shades, so humans do, too

Did they not stop to think, "Hmmm, maybe it looks bad to have a bunch of white guys killing everything that isn't white"
Of course it's not meant to be taken that way, but c'mon

Enjoy!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 56
I'm not surprised at all that Blizzard made all the human units white, but it doesn't really fit the lore

Vrykul come in a plethora of shades, so humans do, too

Did they not stop to think, "Hmmm, maybe it looks bad to have a bunch of white guys killing everything that isn't white"
Of course it's not meant to be taken that way, but c'mon
There were no skin variations before WoW. Orcs were green, humans white. It's just how it was. Warcraft II brought the elves, gnomes and dwarves which were still white but had different hair colors and ogres who were light brown. In Warcraft III we got blue elves.
Culturally speaking, in the first two games the orcs were a combination of Huns, Mongols, even Vikings, basically conquering peoples while humans were like the ancient-medieval English, French and late Germanic peoples. Warcraft III increased the cultural differences making the trolls voodoo+tiki type, night elves a mix of Middle-Eastern and Amerindians, Taurens Native Americans while humans remained at the same idea. Oh, and Pandaren were obviously Chinese inspired. Even Orcs have a Nippon-like samurai, the Blademaster. There isn't true consistency in Warcraft III if you look at the details.
What I'm saying is, that you can find black and other skin colour people types in the non-human factions/races.

Ah yes, the black paladins, who historically originates from an 11th century French poem by the name The Song of Roland. The black, christian paladins of medieval ages in France who fought against a Saracen invasion of Europe.
It's derived from the Latin word Palatinus which is basically a close/trusted servant or follower of a lord.

By all means I'm for diversity where diversity is natural, but having historically inaccurate or improbable diversification is kinda weird.

Also I'm not bashing your skin, I just thought your reasoning for making it was kinda weird.

Last edited:
Level 46
Ah yes, the black paladins, who historically originates from an 11th century French poem by the name The Song of Roland. The black, christian paladins of medieval ages in France who fought against a Saracen invasion of Europe.
It's derived from the Latin word Palatinus which is basically a close/trusted servant or follower of a lord.

By all means I'm for diversity where diversity is natural, but having historically inaccurate or improbable diversification is kinda weird.

Also I'm not bashing your skin, I just thought your reasoning for making it was kinda weird.

Warcraft 3 is pure fantasy, there is absolutely no place for real-world historical comparisons here, but on the contrary representation and diversity is more than welcome, especially in light of recent happenings at Blizzard regarding a certain lawsuit.

Warcraft 3 is pure fantasy, there is absolutely no place for real-world historical comparisons here, but on the contrary representation and diversity is more than welcome, especially in light of recent happenings at Blizzard regarding a certain lawsuit.
Representation and diversity is welcome sure, but why force it into something that originally isn't black/white/hispanic? It would be like making an amazon tribe consisting of white people, or Asians with sombreros. It just doesn't make all that much sense to do it. Also other things that are purely fantasy gets slammed for "whitewashing" like this, but apparently this is bad.

In my opinion, if you want to promote diversity and representation there should be made new characters/races instead of adapting well-established elements.

If I recall correctly the lawsuit against Blizzard is more rooted in sexual harassment and similar though, isn't it?

Level 46
Representation and diversity is welcome sure, but why force it into something that originally isn't black/white/hispanic? It would be like making an amazon tribe consisting of white people, or Asians with sombreros. It just doesn't make all that much sense to do it. Also other things that are purely fantasy gets slammed for "whitewashing" like this, but apparently this is bad.

In my opinion, if you want to promote diversity and representation there should be made new characters/races instead of adapting well-established elements.

If I recall correctly the lawsuit against Blizzard is more rooted in sexual harassment and similar though, isn't it?

These things are fairly complex and I do not wish to continue engaging in the comment section of a skin.
TL;DR whitewashing is bad and diversity is good. It's not about whether it "makes sense" or "fits", it's about disenfranchised minorities and people who are discriminated against feeling welcome and represented in media, rather than pushed away. Incidentally this concept ties very directly to women and sexual harassment also when it comes to the gaming industry.

TL;DR whitewashing is bad and diversity is good.
Whitewashing is bad, just like blackwashing is bad. Changing somethings origins in general is bad. Especially when it comes to actual historical contexts.
It's not about whether it "makes sense" or "fits", it's about disenfranchised minorities and people who are discriminated against feeling welcome and represented in media, rather than pushed away.
This is perfectly possible to achieve without altering original works. As I said, rather than changing somethings origin people should promote creating new things.
Incidentally this concept ties very directly to women and sexual harassment also when it comes to the gaming industry.
I think we can all agree that sexual harassment is bad, but under-representation of women in Blizzard is not necessarily based on the employers being biased against women, but rather the overwhelming amount of male applicants vs. female applicants (just speculation on my end). When you have an overwhelming amount of male applicants the chances you will find a perfect candidate amongst males is higher. To hire someone with lower qualifications based on their gender (meaning hiring a woman simply for the fact that she is a woman for the sake of diversification) is the definition of sexism.

I too agree that we should not be discussing this on a skin resource, but I am more than willing to carry on in off topic or any other place if you should wish to do so.

very nice there needs to be diversity in humanity too i tried doing this when I modded here too but the original would be preferred I wish you luck and hope to see more dark skinned humans and different humanity themes on the way.:thumbs_up: also good skin just need to make eye color brown rather than blue.

PS dont take offence to what i am saying I'm just speaking the truth humanity shouldn't just be counted as "pale skins" as the orcs call them.

Last edited:
Level 12
very nice there needs to be diversity in humanity too i tried doing this when I modded here too but the original would be preferred I wish you luck and hope to see more dark skinned humans and different humanity themes on the way.:thumbs_up:

PS dont take offence to what i am saying I'm just speaking the truth humanity shouldn't just be counted as pale skins as the orcs call them.
I agree with this 1000%
It's literally humans, elves, dwarves, and gnomes, yet they all have pale skin? It's true to the original game, but I feel like it's an oversite. Then again, I think they were supposed to keep adding hero models over time, but of course that never happened.
Luckily, the people working on the warcraft 2 campaign have a slew of dark skinned dwarves made up!
But, yes. The humans, specifically, need more skin tones.