• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarf Priestess

Showcase for every model in the Dwarven Clans Pack:
Dwarven Clans Trailer

Rest of the models will be available on:
CSW - Resource Section

Scaling Value: 0.85
Name: Shadowcaster (Dark Iron) Priestess/Mage (Dwarf Priestess variant)
Role: Support/debuff caster
fade-seperator-png.362941

Credits:
Trolldaeron - concept art and unit icons
Mr Ogre Man - help with animation issues
ShadiHD - custom assets/textures
Tamplier777 - initial model assembly, animation
Moonman - animation/geoset edits
Contents

Dark Iron Priestess (Model)

Dark Iron Priestess (Icon) (Icon)

Dark Iron Priestess (Portrait) (Model)

Dwarf Priestess (Model)

Dwarf Priestess (Icon) (Icon)

Dwarf Priestess (Portrait) (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Awesome model, hopefully someone makes more dwarven females with this as a base. Great job.
Awesome model, hopefully someone makes more dwarven females with this as a base. Great job.
Ah yes... this was my promise initially, to add a neutral clan skin and maybe a .psd file so people can modify the elements themselves.
Got to do that soon.

Level 8
I really like both models. They are amazing, mainly the dark iron.

The Ironforge one is a very good alternative, but dont you think the face is too clean (beautiful) for a female dwarf ? Mainly the lips and eyes !

Level 8
I was responding about the face comment; the dark iron is fine, but the ironforge is too clean, but, aren't both the same?
Yes they are exactly the same. But the dark iron has not the same skin and it's what make her very different, on the other hand the ironforge one have close ''human/elven'' skin that make her closer to the elven sorceress. The unicolour eyes is making the eyes of the darkiron far away from the possible human sorceress for example. Same for the lips of the ironforge that is close to the elven version, while darkiron is not that close.

But honestly after testing them in game, they are looking better when you can zoom in. I still think the Ironforge skin could be a bit less close to the blood elf sorceress and more... pale or something else ? Apart that looking her frame by frame I can truly tell that she is already super nice but the texture (skin) could been polished for more differenciation. I have the feeling that the darkiron were reaaaaaaly polished due to the fact she was the base idea, and the ironforge skin is ''less worked'' due to the wish to give everyone a ironforge female variation.

PS : And the little detail that make the darkiron superior is the hands :D Awesome IMO.

Last edited:
You should be able to add the soundsets you've uploaded to the Sound section to their respective models now. We've updated the asset search.

I've added the soundset to this bundle.
Great, I'll see to the rest of the models and do the same. Ty

Level 5
  • The biggest issue with these two models is the lack of visible team color, since you had to remove the shoulder pads, this makes the team quite difficult to identify in-game, with aerial vision. The best option, unless you can find shoulder pads that fit them, would be to apply team color texture to all of her white dress, personally I admit I prefer this idea.
  • I find it a shame that you removed the Mage's earrings to adorn her with the same precious stones already adorning the rest of her outfit, I would have preferred to keep the rings.
  • And speaking of the ears, the fact that they were originally elven ears is still too obvious, it makes them look weird, it would be worth fixing.
  • You have already specified a custom scale value, a custom height value may also be useful considering the size difference with the original Elven Sorceress, the Dwarf version should logically levitate higher in order to compensate for this.

Last edited:
Level 18
What I think of CSW models in general:

TL : DR for this one: Awesome addition to the Dwarven roster, a FEMALE Dwarf! Comes in two variations, great.

• The biggest issue with these two models is the lack of visible team color, since you had to remove the shoulder pads, this makes the team quite difficult to identify in-game, with aerial vision. The best option, unless you can find shoulder pads that fit them, would be to apply team color texture to all of her white dress, personally I admit I prefer this idea.

Not necessarily ALL the dress, looking at it, I'd rather see just a large colored band on each sleeve (almost shoulders in fact), the already grayer parts just before the hairs. Then with all the the bottom back of the dress like the normal unit it seems way enough.

We can also consider than, at least in CSW, it will be quite unlikely to have two of one of those two models in different team fighting each other. (dark iron is recognizable vs the other)

I agree for the ears even if I didn't noticed at first, it simply looks like cut elven ears. :peasant-thinking:

Last edited: