1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Daily Wisdom

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rufus, Apr 11, 2017.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  8. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  10. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

“I examined the poets, and I look on them as people whose talent overawes both themselves and others, people who present themselves as wise men and are taken as such, when they are nothing of the sort.

From poets, I moved to artists. No one was more ignorant about the arts than I; no one was more convinced that artists possessed really beautiful secrets. However, I noticed that their condition was no better than that of the poets and that both of them have the same misconceptions. Because the most skillful among them excel in their specialty, they look upon themselves as the wisest of men. In my eyes, this presumption completely tarnished their knowledge. As a result, putting myself in the place of the oracle and asking myself what I would prefer to be — what I was or what they were, to know what they have learned or to know that I know nothing — I replied to myself and to the god: I wish to remain who I am.

We do not know — neither the sophists, nor the orators, nor the artists, nor I— what the True, the Good, and the Beautiful are. But there is this difference between us: although these people know nothing, they all believe they know something; whereas, I, if I know nothing, at least have no doubts about it. As a result, all this superiority in wisdom which the oracle has attributed to me reduces itself to the single point that I am strongly convinced that I am ignorant of what I do not know.”

~Socrates.

[​IMG]

13. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light'' - Brene Brown

''Happiness is not by chance, but by choice'' - Jim Rohn

''You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending'' - C.S. Lewis

''Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love'' - Lao Tzu

14. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  16. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path'' - Author unknown

''Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is'' - Mandy Hale

''Enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead'' - Marjorie Pay Hinckley

''Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than what you have'' - Author unknown

17. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is such a narcissistic quote though. Do people really think they are so amazing, that it's worth for others to try and "break through their walls"? It's almost as if this quote says that other people should worship you, or whatever, with you acting all high-and-mighty with your "walls" up, while they have to put extra effort into trying to get through them.

To someone living by these words below, and inevitably getting frustrated, because others don't try to "break down their walls", I'd say - pull your head out of your arse. That's my wisdom.

[​IMG]

18. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching'' - C.S. Lewis

''Behind every young child who believed in himself is a parent who believed first'' - Matthew Jacobson

''Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn'' - Benjamin Franklin

''Be careful who you share your weaknesses with. Some people can't wait for the opportunity to use them against you'' - Author unknown

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not literal. It has a philosophical implication.
    There's nothing narcissistic about it. Craving for attention=/=narcissism by the way even if narcissism might include it.
    It's actually counter-narcissistic since breaking those walls would mean someone else being better than those who put the walls up which basically means competitiveness and daring to go beyond current potential/knowledge/you name it.

“The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our separate ways, I to die, and you to live. Which of these two is better only God knows.”
    ~Socrates.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question'' - Author unknown

''The best way to teach your kids about taxes is by eating 30 percent of their ice cream'' - Bill Murray

''Since light travels faster than sound, people may appear bright until you hear them speak'' - Author unknown

''In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson'' - Tom Bodett