• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

D3 Not Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, I could make a map called "Download avatar the film here!" and upload a 1 GB reduced resolution version of the fim into the archive and thus spread pirated content via battlenet.

It is currently so small that it is impossible to distribute warez effectivly. Make it 100MB and you will easilly get illegal stuff spreading.

What the hell are you talking about you can't get movies or anything in a map CAN YOU ? if so tell me how.

Level 2
Didn't we have a whole issue with someone figuring out how to get a virus to run using wc3, thus resulting in a battle.net patch that broke a lot of maps?

Level 30
damn fillies! making us wait for more than ten thousand years for us to play D3 just to kill evil tumnus out in the willy.
I coulda fuckin told you it wasnt coming in 2010. Fucking WoW has to ruin everything, fuck cataclysm and thats coming form a seasoned WoW player.
claphandss.gif

Level 30
I see, so no more worries for me :)
so is it true that they finally announced the demon hunter as the last player class in the game? or I they just hiding some more? because they did however manage to make a good April Fools about an imbalance player class called the "Archivist" and I believe they will try to fit him in the game don't you think? I don't know just guessing

Level 30
I know. but I still don't believe they finalize that character as the "LAST LAST" one for the game, I mean the diablo development team will somehow manage to add more in the following additions of the game like what they did in D1 and D2

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
D3 is schedualed for atleast 1 expansion (probably 2 like SC2) so suspect atleast 2 to 4 more classes to be added as well as new content for each and new stroies.

SC2 was delayed due to an overly rushed release target. The art style and game play changed atleast 3 times before the final release which all cost time. One such change was the removal of the Odin, Brutalisk and Livithan as possible ingame units (keeping the protoss mothership). Also do not think that units like dimond backs, preadtors and spectres were made oly for the campaign as they were probably designed for melee play but failed to be useful or ballenced. It was still released too quickly as Battlenet 2.0 is still not really a good quality.

Level 30
D3 is schedualed for atleast 1 expansion (probably 2 like SC2) so suspect atleast 2 to 4 more classes to be added as well as new content for each and new stroies.

SC2 was delayed due to an overly rushed release target. The art style and game play changed atleast 3 times before the final release which all cost time. One such change was the removal of the Odin, Brutalisk and Livithan as possible ingame units (keeping the protoss mothership). Also do not think that units like dimond backs, preadtors and spectres were made oly for the campaign as they were probably designed for melee play but failed to be useful or ballenced. It was still released too quickly as Battlenet 2.0 is still not really a good quality.

Blizzard always rush there rts games even before the final release of Warcraft III, but to view Starcraft 2 [just a side reply of the game], they did however remove bad-ass units of each race [ I can't remember the protoss version of it Idk] which is a really bad thing that they had done, but I hope they'll get the chance to return them in a balance way, o maybe, campaign versions of it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The units were less "badass" and more just bad. The design just was not suited for the type of game SC2 was meant to be. They even had the problems in the beta where the Mother Ship was damn powerful and it became a race to win before the protoss built one or loes.

Each SC2 expansion will add new units to melee play. I suspect they will be entirly new as well (so no just adding dimondbacks to terran in the expansion for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.