• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Custom World War version 0.91e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
-Custom World War version 0.91e-
Another conquest of Europe.

Get started !

Custom World War is aiming to be an Altered Melee map with no food limit and (depending on the gamemodes) unlimited gold and lumber ressources. On normal ingame settings, you start the game with a building from which you can pick a race from the eleven playable races.

Do and undo alliances with other players in order to control all of Europe with your armies !

Features

Screenshots

What's coming next ?

Credits

Authors Notes

-12 players
-Lot of different gamemodes (Defense of the world tree : -invasion, Mass units training : -x2 & -x3, Slow the game with : -antirush counter, Limit the dwarf nukes with : -helsinki counter or -nonuke, Enable : -deforestation, Add or delete gold with : -nooil, -nogold, -max...)
-11 playable races (Human/Orc/Undead/Night Elf/Dwarf/Blood Elf/Demon/Dark Elf/Goblin/Troll/Naga)
-44 heroes (each can go up to level 20)
-Use the ally menu (f11) in order to do and undo alliances
-Unlimited units except for air (or Nuke limitation within gamemode choice)
-Both land goldmines and naval ressources (Oil platforms)
-Score tab (with total kills and hero level with icons)
-Full resized units (0,5 in average)
-Camera commands for all players confort
I have to protect the World Tree (10k HP) all by myself !
Screenshot_12.jpg

The first wave was the hardest
Screenshot_14.jpg

I feel that the -invasion gamemode was much easier coupled with -x3

Screenshot_16.jpg

I'm not very good at taking screenshots but it was quite a memorable visual battle

Screenshot_18.jpg
goblin.png
WC3ScrnShot_020819_162221_01.png
WC3ScrnShot_012219_233713_01.png
More screenshots will come in the future
I still have a ton of things to do :
-More custom abilities for heroes
-Proper units/heroes/buildings/spell/upgrade descriptions in english
-Proper balance to make the most enjoyable game experience
-Proper resizing of unit shadows (Some of them are still not optimum yet)
-Resizing all items (I'll do this at the end)
-More gamemodes because as the title said this is a "Custom" World War !
-Proper credits because I'm using a lot of ressources !
You can also find them in the triggers & quests :
Lamaattheass (Original idea of a nofood + NuclearAss Triggers)
Crachoverhide (Original terrain which I entirely modified)
Gaurbaque Gorby(For allowing me to improve and use all of his previous work !)
Hiveworkshop members Mythic Ujimasa Hojo -Grendel and many others (Custom models, tutorials, reviews of the map ...)
ArTiSaN- Mekanical(Allias Mekanical for everything else !)
TACIT (for helping me to run some test for this map !)
Death Adder Death Adder (Special thanks to him for doing all the triggers in the "Shipyard" trigger file)
I'm not often working on this project because I'm alone and also not the most skilled mapmaker. Anyway, I'm posting the latest version of my map here and will make this thread up to date as I'm making more progress !

v9.1e is the latest version of the game

Game is already playable so feel free to try it if you want. Any comment is also very welcome ! :infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Custom_World_War_TEST_0.91e.w3x
    20.5 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Level 4
Added/fixed so many things ! So I edited the original post to the latest version of the game (Attachments).
But there are still problems with the oil platform gold pathing with boats. I really don't know how to do it by myself so I play with -nooil mode most of the time...
So far people told me that the map is quite enjoyable and that I should add creeps/critters. Indeed I made a new team survival gamemode -invasion with 10 spawnpoints on the corners of the map. There are only 4 waves for the moment but it's enought to have fun.

:pcon:

Last edited:
Level 4
0.91d has just been released !

Added -x2 and -x3 gamemodes, which basically spam twice or three times more units !

I changed the -normal gamemode settings in order to fix the oil problem. By deleting this option in the normal gamemode (or basically -nooil mode in -normal)

I also fixed, balanced and added a bit more proper texts and descriptions.

EDIT : made a 0.91e hotfix

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.