• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Custom units not being able to train ingame even though added in building to be trained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
The title is a bit too long but here is the problem. I asked Eagleman if I can edit his Azeroth Wars map and he allowed me and I created custom units and put them in barracks to be able to train them. But when I opened the map in-game those units were nowhere to be found. I closed the game and put the units around somewhere in the map but when I started again the units were in the map and I could see them but the building still isn't able to train them. Anyone know the reason why?

Level 39
The unit could already have too many units in its build command card (full), the button position you chose for that new unit could overlap with one that's already there (maybe it's using the -11,0 trick to hide it completely). Unlikely, but it's possible a trigger could be disabling you ability to train these units. We need more information: screenshots.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Azeroth Wars locks a lot of tech content behind progress walls if I recall. This is done by having the tech content availability initially disabled until certain actions are done in game which cause triggers to enable the availability of the tech content. For some reason your custom units might have their tech state availability set to disabled in the tech properties of the map. It is also possible some trigger is somehow disabling tech availability for your unit at map initialization.

If it does not appear so then make sure by creating a test trigger to force the tech availability of your unit to enabled for the appropriate player. This can be a simple 1 event 1 action trigger which is fired by chat command or esc key with the only action to enable the tech availability of the unit for the appropriate player. If running the test trigger makes the unit appear to be trainable then something must be disabling its tech availability. If it makes no difference then something else is the problem, such as a command card position conflict.

Level 8
The unit could already have too many units in its build command card (full), the button position you chose for that new unit could overlap with one that's already there (maybe it's using the -11,0 trick to hide it completely). Unlikely, but it's possible a trigger could be disabling you ability to train these units. We need more information: screenshots.

Nah its not that. I found the problem.Dr Super Good was right. It disables it when you create a custom unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.