• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Skill Footmen v1.36

Wellcome to Custom Skill Footmen

• What is Custom Skill Footmen? - Custom Skill Footmen is a footmen wars type of map where you're able to customize your hero's abilities.

Features:
  • 6 Races - Include Human, Undead, Night Elf, Orc, Naga and Drenai = over 60 different units to spawn.
  • A spell buy system - U can buy your spells for your Skill Points (lumber) there is over 65 different spell to choose beetwen.
  • A Multiboard - The Multiboard (the thing in the right conor of your screen) displays all hero kills, how many times every player have dided with hes hero and hero levels.
  • Items - Over 40 different items include 9 recipe. 2 random item spawn arena, witch spawn a random Power Up.
  • Team Duel - After 15 min. the team duel come. Team 1 vs Teams 2 - Team 3 vs Team 4 - Winner of bolth matches agaist each other.
  • A great Sunken Ruins terrain - Look screenshots below.
  • Misc - All the small details that make this map unique.

Version 1.36 hotfix to 1.35
  • Removed Child Event
  • Fixed a lot bugs with Team Duel
  • Fixed a bug with spawn time on heroes 1->30 sec
  • Removed spell Dark Mend (because of lag) - added Sky Call
  • U now cant have Frost Bolt and Storm Bolt at the same time

• Overall Chances
    • Added Team Duel
    • Changed terrain and added Doodads
    • Added a Event: Help a mother and her child
    • Changed Map Description.
    • Fixed a lot memory leaks.
    • fixed a bug with the -share command
    • Reduced all items with a gold cost over 301 by 20%Added some unit order systems in Command Center.
  • Units and Heros
    • Fixed a bug with Firelords attack missile.
    • Added a spell book to all heroes, for all your Passive and Aura spell
    • Added new, removed and ballanced allmost all magics on caster units
    • Ballanced a lot of spells to heroes - specialy maked some spells more usefull at the starting lvls.
    • Ballanced all Heroes stats (Per lvl and starting)
    • Changed Gold Cost of Random Hero 1600->1700.
    • Changed Life and Mana upgrade to not effeckt heroes.
    • Fixed a bug that gave your hero +1 level on the mutiboard everytime u revive.
    • Fixed a bug with the random hero.
    • Murgul Slave can now enter middle
    • Murgul Slave Gold Cost reduced 250->200.
    • Removed Murgul Slave from Hydra Guardians requirements list.
    • Reduced the lag caused by suicide.
    • Fixed a bug with autocast dident worked on Naga Myrmind.
    • Fixed a bug with siege units could attacks doodads.
  • Buildings
    • Ballanced towers to be a lot more usefull.
    • Removed all hotkeys on buildings and their units.
    • Reballanced a lot of buidlings cold cost
    • Changed Armor of all main buildings 20->0.
    • Changed life reg for all buildings 0.25->1.
    • Renamed Altar and Researches Center to Command Center.
    • Changed sound for Command Center.
    • Removed Crab from Command Center.
    • Fixed some incorrect unit tooltips.
    • Fixed a bug with some buildings dident auto-spawn.
    • Fixed a bug with auto-spawn tryed to tain some units to often.
  • Misc
    • Maked the starting items unsaleable (still dropable)
    • Added a "-ms" command - to show your current ms.
    • Added "Orb Effects does not stack." text on orb items.
    • Fixed some bugs with hotkeys on bolth spells and items.
    • Removed Double Shot added Slow Poison.
    • Fixed a bug with spell Feedback only could be upgraded to lvl 5.
    • Removed Tome of Experience from Item Creaters drop list and added Manual of Health +75.

• Spells
    • Added 2 new spells: Call of the Winds and Extended Lightning.
    • A allrounded ballance all spells effect: Damage, aoe, cd and Duration.
    • Remaked Spell: Reapers Scyte to deal 12 - 30% of targets maximum hp.
    • Changed hotkeys of all spells to the first letter of the name.
    • Increased damage bonus from spells to heroes 65->70.
  • Allround Chance
    • Updated Quest Menu.
    • Changed Tooltip on all spell items.
    • Increased spawn time by 20% of all units.
    • Optimized the Win/lose trigger to work correcly.
    • Changed the terrain a little bit in the item spawn arenas.
    • Maked it possible to make full shared and see Multiboard by type "-Share"
    • Added some animation to Item Creater when he create a item, and added Divie Armor insteed of Fortifed.
    • Fixed a bug with tooltips in Researches Center, chanced button position for the upgrades, added new hotkeys and icons.
csf1.png
csf2.png
csf3.png
csf4.png

Credits:
  • A special thanks to my testers and for testing and giving ideas -
  • TDV.After12, TDV.Friends, TDV.ExiL & TDV.Death.
  • Loadingscreen and mappreview by: Red-Baron
U are very welcome to post some feedback at any kind - Positive/Negative - Bugs or maybe a Review.
Have Fun and Good Luck

Keywords:
Custom Skill Footmen, Footmen, Footman, Footy.
Contents

Custom Skill Footmen v1.36 (Map)

Reviews
20:07, 16th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 8
@Kazajin
U have to buy your spells with skill points(lumber) they can be bought in 1 of the 4 conors depend on wich team u are.

How should I else make it possible to close custom spells?
The Idea is also u can choose spells depend an what your enemy pick and witch units u and your alies got.

Level 8
@Anachron
Thx for your comment.

Well I just tryed to hold the map size little, to decrease lag.
Can u please tell me why u think it isent beautiful, because just to make the map bigger wont make it beautiful.

Hmm I dont realy know that much about AI, but if u think it is needed I could try.

Level 10
Nice map, classic footman style terrain, good hero and creep system.
I couldn't find anything that crashes wc3.
Gameplay is enjoyable and doesn't get boring fast.
Its a footman map with a improved twist.
Definitely my favorite Footman map
Items and recipes are within a fit possibility of choice.

4/5 and +REP

Level 4
i think he means by that when you try to play the game by your self it is just win and that annyos me if you could fix it because i cant upragrade my battle.net and have problems with going on to it so i wish also there would be ai

Level 8
U can play it alone if u play singleplayer and dont add bots (so no ai)

This is not the map that is hosted a lot this map is Called "Custom Skill Footmen" and the hosted map is called "Custom Hero Footys"

Last edited:
Level 5
Decent map, but I found a HUGE bug. Heroes actually don't do any damage. That just makes Critical chance, vampire aura, Bash, and Drunken Brawler ability REALLY useless :bored:. And maybe try to make those AoE spells not too strong and to a high amount of upgrade. There gets to a point where people don't really use units to attack, they just pick all the AoE spells and just bum rush the opponent's base, and start AoE'ing all of the units down. Maybe make the heroes receive 1 talent point for each level, instead of 2. Or give a limit for each hero to choose 1 or 2 AoE spells. By the way, when the team duel occurs, it seems bugged as well. Heroes constantly teleport in and out, as if the match was over, and no one every actually gets to win. Overall, the map is pretty good and decently made, but it still needs some fixes. I wouldn't host this in public until the map has all those bugs resolved. But keep up the good work. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
Decent map, but I found a HUGE bug. Heroes actually don't do any damage. That just makes Critical chance, vampire aura, Bash, and Drunken Brawler ability REALLY useless :bored:. And maybe try to make those AoE spells not too strong and to a high amount of upgrade. There gets to a point where people don't really use units to attack, they just pick all the AoE spells and just bum rush the opponent's base, and start AoE'ing all of the units down. Maybe make the heroes receive 1 talent point for each level, instead of 2. Or give a limit for each hero to choose 1 or 2 AoE spells. By the way, when the team duel occurs, it seems bugged as well. Heroes constantly teleport in and out, as if the match was over, and no one every actually gets to win. Overall, the map is pretty good and decently made, but it still needs some fixes. I wouldn't host this in public until the map has all those bugs resolved. But keep up the good work. :infl_thumbs_up:

Sry I make version 1.35 as a beta version because I needed to test a lot of things (with I also say here on the hive)

Allmost all the things is fixed in v1.36. U can attack - Team Duel Work - U can only have 2 aoe spells - revive time is now 30 sec insteed of 1.

But Im very glad for your time, but u should maybe have read the patch notes before posting.

Anyway +rep for trying to help me.

Edit: Thx Gerf!

Last edited: