• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Having seen the Caster System and seeing the custom script and lack of JASS, I want a definition of custom scripting out of curiousity.
So when you call a custom script, you can make a spell from a player ahppen without any dummies??? So you could make chain lightning happen on enemies around you with no origin of lightning???

And I basically, although pretty good w/ object and triggers, want an example disected to ezplain what each part means

@Vex: you can delete this if this has a tut although I haven't seen one

Level 11
Basically you can do that Chain Lightning stuff even with triggers. Base it on War Stomp. Once the spell is obviously cast you can pick up all the units around the caster who belong to an enemy and add them to a group. Then you take 1 random unit from the group, create a dummy caster at the position of casting unit and order that dummy to cast chain lightning on that unit. It should work. You can also make a FOR or a "Pick up every unit in group" and create a dummy for each unit and make it cast chain lightning on that unit. It would create a massive chain lightning, very nice effect I guess. I might do it today, I'll think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.