• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Lighting is suddenly causing my map to crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have several Custom Lighting in my map, and recently I added another one and they all stopped working and crash WC3. If I used the skill (drain, or chain lighting, or whatever) using the custom blp lighting which had previously worked, the game gives me those critical error thing and shuts down.

I wonder what's causing this, the SLK file? Or the textures? Or what, has anyone had any experience with this problem?

I am systematic and dilligent when it comes to saving my map so I still have previous versions of it, and so I took a glance at the Skills themselves to compare and see nothing wrong with them (meaning they are identical to the newer version of the map so it should not malfucntion).

Level 8
Well I finally figured it out. The Widgetizer is causing it, for some odd reason.

I tinkered with some of the options and after a whole series of trial and error I finally got the stupid map to load without crashing, all the .blp's showing in game, and not having it crash when used.

I swear I need to learn more about those Widgetizer options...

Status
Not open for further replies.