1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Custom Hero Defense[TSH].18.8C

Submitted by TheSilverhand
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Custom Hero Defense[TSH]
Created by: TheSilverHand
Map Team: Fintrik, GenoHacker, & TheSilverHand

Map Info:
  • Mob Spawn is based on player count, the more players the more creeps that spawn. Every 5 waves are Boss wave.
  • Each time the round starts, you're given a Huge gold reward. However, if you do not kill the mobs fast enough, the less gold you'll receive. You lose player count gold every time.
  • Creep Type: Creep (casual), Strong (Second level of the Creep wave), Stronger (Third Level of Creep wave), & Elite (Final Wave of that creep level), then it would be a Boss spawn. When a Boss is defeated you'll start Creep level #. (# being the next creep level from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10).
  • Lumber is gained only during Leveling up or when you purchase it.
Feature:
  • When a player randomizes their Hero they are given 2 things in reward, they're given 150+ Gold and a Random Ring/Necklace which you can sell at the Shady Individual.
  • Players can un-ally others and fight.
  • There is a Weather Cycle on the map, to make it feel like it comes alive.
  • There are custom Models for almost all Heroes.
  • Players can not trade Gold / Lumber.
  • There are quests in the map which can reward you huge rewards.
  • All mob spawn is randomized.
  • There are 35 Neutral Hostile creeps around the map. Apon Death they will respawn around the map.
  • There is a person you can gamble your gold for items.
  • Enemy mobs the first 4 who enter the area are given a random role of: "Tank, DPS, & Support."
  • There is a Stack System, When you purchase an item that uses a charge, it will increase by what you purchase.
* Support: Given +750 Mana, Random Healing Spell.
- On Kill will gain +25 Mana & DPS.
* Tank: Gives +100 HP, +1 Armor, & +DMG
- On Kill will gain +25 HP & +1 Armor
* DPS: Gives +DMG & Attack Speed.
- On Kill will gain +attack speed & DMG.

-Model Credits:
Credits List

JetFangInferno, NFWar
eXciTe, nightelfbuilder
Assasin_lord, Daenar7
Sliph-M, Justicebringer
Mc !,
67chrome
Redsteel1, stein123
CloudWolf, Scias
Direfury, The Panda
Weep, Nugamentum

Amigurumi, Metal_Sonic
diosilva16, .KC
Thehive, Stefan.K

GreyArchon, Ujimasa Hojo
-Berz-, Mister_Haudrauf
13lackdeath, -Grendel
Chen, Mythic
The_Warchief, Don Valentino
NFWar, Sin'dorei300
Mythic, Blood Raven
Kitabatake, perfjert
MiniMage,
Kuhneghetz
PROXY

Updates / Log

Credits for 18.8C

- Post on Hive workshop.
- Update:
O - When a Role'd unit such as Tank/Dps/Healer gets a Kill:
O - Tank - Gains 1 Armor, & +50 Health
O - Dps - Gains Faster attack, & Deals more DMG
O - Healer - +25 Mana & More DMG.
These only counts towards enemy mobs, not heroes.
O - When the Boss Teleports, the units around the Boss will actually take % Dmg when teleports. (All units)
O - Boss also has a TERRIFYING CLEAVE, that deals 300% Dmg to enemies beside him. So if you're tanking, you might want him to face the opposite direction of the attacks.
O - Boss Teleport only targets people within 1,000 Range.
Contents

Custom Hero Defense[TSH].18.8C (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Be sure to complete the credits list: Resources in Use by Custom Hero Defense[TSH].18.8C | HIVE Names are missing. Some heroes have a native ability, some don't? Mostly Warcraft III material was used. When learned, Critical Strike has an active...
  1. eubz

eubz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Woah, my WE crashed because you have thousands or even more regions in your map. Why?

2. TheSilverhand

TheSilverhand

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No one has actually reported crashing. I think that is on your part.

3. TheSilverhand

TheSilverhand

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Also WE isn't suppose to open my map, The map is protected.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Be sure to complete the credits list: Resources in Use by Custom Hero Defense[TSH].18.8C | HIVE Names are missing.

1. Some heroes have a native ability, some don't?
    2. Mostly Warcraft III material was used.
    3. When learned, Critical Strike has an active ability icon. Other spells in the shops even though passive should look active like when you learn them and look passive after they are learnt.
    4. Since everyone can choose whichever spells they want, there isn't that much diversity or uniqueness between heroes.
    5. Not sure if intended but the unselectable people are hunting neutral hostile units around the map.
    6. What does [T] mean before or in enemy names?
    7. Never heard of * for the temperature sign. Must be this map universe's scale.
    8. Not sure if spamming [Elite] multiple times in the murloc's name is a good idea.
    9. The gnoll boss came from the west and went somewhere to the north and then came from there. It didn't shoot any Shadow Strike.
    10. Not sure if it was necessary to replace the command card icons especially as they look passive now. Could make them active with: Button Manager v1.8.2
    11. Some times enemy waves don't come together. Some elites go over the map for some time before deciding to come to the center. Talking about the orange [Elite] [Elite] units or even more [Elite] [Elite] etc. units. They go to the northeastern camp where there are some tents and a small circle of power, try to get out of there passing the bridge but they return again to the circle multiple times. Because of that, they always get an additional [Elite] in their name until the whole name can't be read anymore. Same with bosses for some reason.
    12. The Sea Elemental boss has the same abilities as the gnoll boss?
    13. Then a harpy elite appeared and started doing the same only it came as soon as going once to the circle.
    14. The Sea Elemental boss came, attacked the castle two times, went a little towards the left and stopped.
    15. A gnoll elite went trough the north path and almost got killed by the Locust/unselectable allied units. One was killed in the southeast.

Not sure how this will play out in 21 players, hopefully not lagging.

So while this could be fun, it's buggy.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

5. TheSilverhand

TheSilverhand

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

O - When it comes to 21 players, I have played it with a few people. The map didn't have any lag and no one got upset with it.
    O - I gave credits to the stuff I used, Not the ones that aren't used. And even if I missed some1, I will need to find out what I missed. ( A lot of the models also come from Blizzard entertainment, like 90% of the Icons. )
    O - I used button manager for the Intelligence / Strength / Agility Icons on players.
    O - Yeah... I'm not sure why but a few of the units are ordered to attack the Dwarven Hunter Camp, I fixed it when I last used WE, but I'm trying to figure out what is causing all the bugs...
    O - I use to give all heroes a special perk, but I removed most since it was kind of hard to find a good perk for them. The ones who still have it make them unique compared to others. Like for instance, Necromancer on Kill gets a ghoul, dark ranger gets a minion, and mage has spalsh.. etc... It's just for a more unique pick.
    O - [T] = Tank, = Support, [D] = Damage Dealer.
    As I have said above.
    O - I know there is a few more bugs such as the Barrage, And others. Idk how it got bugged since it was using standard abilities. Maybe it's just my luck?
    --
    If you find any more bugs and etc.. Please alert me, I'm trying to fix the map, but damn these bugs are annoying af.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mention that. Anything used that's not in the original game should be credited.
    That's like totally something unrelated, except for the program thing?
    Well, use your imagination. Also, the necromancer and dark ranger basically have the same trait.

For bug fixing, you have to test, test and test.