• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Custom Ability Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This ability has given me the most trouble out of all of them that I have made for my map so far. It basically is an auto-cast ability that adds damage to your attack. The reason I have it set up so funky is because of the way I have damage displayed in the map. Here is the code for the 3rd level of the ability.

Now the ability works fine, until it reaches the (Life of attackedUnit) Less than or equal to TempStat) part of the trigger. Basically, this ability won't kill an enemy if it's autocasting, and I cannot figure out why. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :grin:

Level 2
If I do remove the wait trigger the ability does become able to kill the enemy, but the problem is that this damage will be triggered before the unit actually attacks. So the damage kills the enemy, then the unit immediately targets another thing in the area and deals his attack damage and spell damage. Basically he gets a free hit. This could become a major problem anywhere where the ability would kill things in one hit because he would be like a machine gun and mow everything down. Any fix would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.