• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cursor? Or am I just imagining it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey guys, I'm not really posting something major here (I don't think it's even worth a damn) but in the past few weeks, I have been noticing that my mouse cursor is replaced with a night elf-ish cursor for a split second whenever I hover it over a link while browsing here at hive. (like download links etc.) Is there a custom cursor being used here or is it just me? :eekani:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It happens time to time, on some web sites. It's not night elfish, it's just a graphics glitch.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Just move your mouse quickly over a link. Might be chrome's fault though.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Nope, happens on IE as well (have chrome and IE). It lasts only for a frame or so, so it's nearly impossible to detect if you don't know it. Just keep high lighting a link, Rui's user name on his post for example. You need to repetitively high light then move cursor off the link to see it, at least for me.

Of course this might be a hardware specific thing. And it's not only on hive, can happen on youtube as well.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I just downloaded firefox, it does it on it too.

Level 22
Not on mine though, must be because I disabled my themes service.

EDIT: tested it on Night Elf theme (my default is Low graphics), still nothing.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I turned off Themes from services and used low graphics mode on hive. It still appeared. This has nothing to do with hive, you can experience it on other sites too.
"Of course this might be a hardware specific thing."

Level 22
That could be it.
EDIT: so you're saying a nightelf cursor appears on other webpages too?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It happens time to time, on some web sites. It's not night elfish, it's just a graphics glitch.
I'm just saying stuff about this. And I'm pretty sure this was the thing Hera meant.

Level 23
Yeah, I think it just appears night elf-ish to me since I have a bit of a poor eye sight and I think the NE theme adds to it too. I've read about this glitch and it seems to only happen 'rarely' to most computers these days. However, in my PC, not even 5 minutes can pass by with out it happening whenever I hover over a link. Mah PC is too old I guess. :T

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yeah, I think it just appears night elf-ish to me since I have a bit of a poor eye sight and I think the NE theme adds to it too. I've read about this glitch and it seems to only happen 'rarely' to most computers these days. However, in my PC, not even 5 minutes can pass by with out it happening whenever I hover over a link. Mah PC is too old I guess. :T

My PC isn't that old, I have i7 with gtx 460 and 8gB of ram with 60Hz monitor.

Guys, make sure you can't experience it, just repetitively high light a link. Usually I get to see the glitch in about 5 seconds to 40. It works best on user names on their posts. Works also on youtube.

Nope, happens on IE as well (have chrome and IE). It lasts only for a frame or so, so it's nearly impossible to detect if you don't know it. Just keep high lighting a link, Rui's user name on his post for example. You need to repetitively high light then move cursor off the link to see it, at least for me.

Of course this might be a hardware specific thing. And it's not only on hive, can happen on youtube as well.
Are you playing Warcraft 3 with a Night Elf Skin tabbed?

Level 35
No, I'm not.

I'm afraid it has nothing to do with warcraft 3. It's just a rarely happening graphics glitch.

As words are bad at explaining stuff (for me at least), I made a video with phone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbO6bGfKUKY

Does it vanish instantly (requiring constant mouse movement) or why didn't you let it stay so one could actually see it?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yes, I guess it only appears on one frame.

Level 14
I see that some people are fond on the idea to add such a feature to THW, I just wanna add my two cents and state that I'd very much prefer such a feature, if ever implemented, to be OPTIONAL, and able to be turned off regardless of the theme used. I have an extreme hatred for most custom cursors online.

Level 23
I see (...) cursors online.

Just so you know, this is not about adding a custom cursor to hive. I don't like the idea too. (ooorrr maybe I do.)

Anyway, it looks like jondrean can actually do it on purpose. however I can't actually. It just happens from time to time by accident when I hover my mouse over a link. Maybe the colors of the NE theme in hive mixes with the cursor's colors causing it to look night-elfish I guess.?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hera, try to open warcraft 3 With -window tag. If you spam the resize cursor, does it show you the glitch? If so, we have the same issue.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Exactly, it has nothing to do with internet browser, hiveworkshop or warcraft. I feel like it's about issues with graphics drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.