• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Curse problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok so im making a spell no need to get in really specific details but its trigger based and the dummy ability is roar. When i cast it it creates a dummy unit with 999 mana and the ability cripple, curse has infin range and 0.01 cldwn. After dummy is created and set to variable DummyCarpe2 i
  • Action
  • Unit Group - Picker every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (owner of CasterCarpe)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
  • Loop - Actions
  • Unit - Order DummyCarpe2 to undead banshee - curse (picked unit)
CasterCarpe being the variable for the casting unit. But it doesnt seem to work any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 6
You wrote that your dummy unit has ability cripple, but you issue "curse" order. Change order to necromancer "cripple", or change spell which unit has to curse. Or maybe your problem is that you issue order to one unit, and it doesn't have time to cast spell much times. Create many dummys in loop and add them to group. After few seconds use group loop and remove them.

Last edited:
Level 10
sorry the unit and the ability are both curse, that was a typo
plus i want all the units in the map that are an enemy of casting unit to get the debuff curse right when the ability is casted.

Level 4
I believe that Pszczolek nailed the problem (and the solution). the dummy never gets a chance to actually cast anything cuz its repeatedly being assigned another target.

But er... i hope your map doesnt have a lot of units/small map. Could potentially cause some serious lag in large environments.
(side note: Which is also why I prefer using Vex's Caster System. Avoids problems with dummy casters , and less triggers to write, and proven to be stable =D)

Level 8
try to make a variable and then add, in map inalation, all units thats enemys of player 1(example) to a unit grup and then target all units i ´n the unit grup instead of the PICKED UNIT... then increase the units that can be attacked by the summoned unit to like 999999999. this shuld be the soulotion

Level 4
try to make a variable and then add, in map inalation, all units thats enemys of player 1(example) to a unit grup and then target all units i ´n the unit grup instead of the PICKED UNIT... then increase the units that can be attacked by the summoned unit to like 999999999. this shuld be the soulotion
Use some better Language. Unit Groups like this leak like hell, and the maximum numbers in the Editor can cause crash. You must find another way.

Level 10
Arcsol the hero has a 'dummy' ability that when casted causes the trigger to create a dummy -unit- that has the cripple ability.

Level 6
I did this test map and I guess this may help you more. The dummy unit is the Footman.
NOTE: I didn't check all leaks and didn't set the footman to a "true" dummy, that goes by yourself.

Attachments

• Curse.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 114
Level 10
Thanks havent implemented into my map yet (doung something at the moment) but will and im sure it will work thanks ;)

First off - Ghost dont double post.

Secondly: Heres how ive done abilities like that:

Action: Unit starts the effect of ability
Condition: Ability being cast equal to (Dummy AoE Curse)
Actions: (Unit Group) Pick all units within (AoE of curse) of target point of (ability being cast)
if/then/else multiple functions
Condition: Owner of (last picked unit) is a allie of (owner of triggering unit) equal to false
Actions:(Unit) Create one Dummy Caster for owner of triggering unit
(Unit) Teach (Curse [AoE]) to last created unit
(Unit) Order last created unit to (Banshee - Curse) last picked unit
(Unit) Add a 5 second expiration timer to last created unit

This is good if you have ALOT of trigger abilities, rather than create a unit for each, its just one unit (unlimmited mana) but be SURE to give it move type flying, no unit model, no attack, invuln ability (so enemies dont attack it) and locust ability (so you cant click on it) give a sight range of 0 (prevent cast-over-cliffs) and no collision size (so it doesnt mess up other flying units)

You can use this for hero abilities too You just have to add: Set level of (Curse [AoE]) to level of (Dummy AoE Curse) for triggering unit. And of course you have to set the ability which actually does the stuff to have multiple levels. Try it out - it should work fine, ive used it in a few maps and am very happy with it - a note, doing it with shadow strike tends not to work, it normally kills the target units VERY quickly.

If you want more help send me a private message, i can post one of the actuall abilities i used.

Status
Not open for further replies.