• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Curse of Time RPG: Nevermore v1.35c

Contents

CoT RPG Nevermore v1.35b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Choose a Hero unit's order icons (Stop, Move etc.) do not have DISBTNs (green squares on F10/pause). Use these to create the necessary icons: Button Manager v1.8.2 BLP Lab v0.5.0 Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons How to Make an Icon 2. First...
deepstrasz
I see this is all being updated once in a while. That's a good sign of... Approval.
Level 2
You can save in hardcoren 30min if the map starts, then all hour 1x.
Normal u can save all time.

But the build time for irrwish and others is to much.
so i dont play more the map.
30min for build base + irrwish etc is to much!

Level 2
So with the latest version I am playing alone in LAN with normal mode, I saved once and it was fine, tried to save again about 10 levels later and its not working. I'm pretty pissed considering I can't save the game like normal and pick up where I left off, This save issue needs to be fixed ASAP.

I found some items have the wrong tool-tips, E.G amulet of evasion description: A robe commonly used by magicians. What? and what is supposed to be bone chimes shows as blood shield.

Backpack town teleport disables Phoenix Archer's Mutishot, have to turn off then on again.

-commands responds with (null)

Last edited:
What idiot makes an rpg that you can only save one time per game? With all the desyncs in wc3 nowadays i save several times to ensure i dont lose my data. This game will waste your time,unfortunately. Then other players will force,hardcore mode and new players die and cannot save, huge waste of time.
I'm not really what issue you're having, but you're replying to an old developers comment. The only limit on saving is during hardcore mode, where it's locked to a time between saves (which can be shown with the command -st). Also, if by force then you mean select a game mode (as an option) then yes -hcw (-hardcore world) sets all players to be hard core and removes the wandering death knight to prevent brutal low level deaths.

You can save in hardcoren 30min if the map starts, then all hour 1x.
Normal u can save all time.

But the build time for irrwish and others is to much.
so i dont play more the map.
30min for build base + irrwish etc is to much!
Not sure what irrwish is, but in the recent versions and upcoming versions time spent building a base has been shortened and options have been added to speed it up even further.

So with the latest version I am playing alone in LAN with normal mode, I saved once and it was fine, tried to save again about 10 levels later and its not working. I'm pretty pissed considering I can't save the game like normal and pick up where I left off, This save issue needs to be fixed ASAP.

I found some items have the wrong tool-tips, E.G amulet of evasion description: A robe commonly used by magicians. What? and what is supposed to be bone chimes shows as blood shield.

Backpack town teleport disables Phoenix Archer's Mutishot, have to turn off then on again.

-commands responds with (null)
What do you mean save like normal and pick up where you left off? Save game through the warcraft 3 interface? That is not particularly supported, as -save is a command to save your hero/items/backpack
As for the item tool tips, we update those we find that are wrong, but most are from older developers and we do not catch all of the mistakes. I'm also not sure the issue with the icon for blood shield, people use in-game assets all the time, a custom icon is not required for every single item, especially one that is used for less than 2% of game time.

edit: also, your last two reports are fixed in the next release.

Level 2
Glad to hear last 2 are fixed.

Not too worried about the tool-tips just letting you know what i found.

So the shop is supposed to have blood shield in the Utility merchant, did not know just trying to help?

-save works only once after that no matter how long I wait it does not work and like I said I'm in normal mode not hardcore. I did however find that if I wait for the AFK timer then use the save game option I can reload. Maybe there is an issue with the -save command? Thanks for the response.

Glad to hear last 2 are fixed.

Not too worried about the tool-tips just letting you know what i found.

So the shop is supposed to have blood shield in the Utility merchant, did not know just trying to help?

-save works only once after that no matter how long I wait it does not work and like I said I'm in normal mode not hardcore. I did however find that if I wait for the AFK timer then use the save game option I can reload. Maybe there is an issue with the -save command? Thanks for the response.

Ah my mistake, seems there's a bug regarding those who choose -new in version 1.33.12, allowing them to only save once. The problem should not continue if you use -load at the next game start -- but it has been fixed for next version as well

Level 2
Couple more bugs I found, thanks for the -new, - save, -load tip. I can save my hero again as much as i like :).
  1. Sassy Brawler Boss Item does not save with -save.
  2. Castle of the god's has slow mana regen.
  3. Dire Extension does not have the teleport skill it is supposed to.

Last edited:
Couple more bugs I found, thanks for the -new, - save, -load tip. I can save my hero again as much as i like :).
  1. Sassy Brawler Boss Item does not save with -save.
  2. Castle of the god's has slow mana regen.
  3. Dire Extension does not have the teleport skill it is supposed to.
Sassy can now be saved in 1.33.13, castle is not that slow -- it's about 100 per second regen, and teleport has been removed from the game.

Level 2
Sassy can now be saved in 1.33.13, castle is not that slow -- it's about 100 per second regen, and teleport has been removed from the game.

Oh ok, no teleport no worries. Thanks for fixing reported bug's so far :) Loving the map and hope to see it in reforged.

Not sure if this is a bug or meant to annoy us but built the first chaos home (Spirit Lodge) and exp rate is 15.000%??? How can anyone level up on that?

Last edited:
Level 4
Oh ok, no teleport no worries. Thanks for fixing reported bug's so far :) Loving the map and hope to see it in reforged.

Not sure if this is a bug or meant to annoy us but built the first chaos home (Spirit Lodge) and exp rate is 15.000%??? How can anyone level up on that?

your xp gained scales pretty dramatically as you progress through chaos enemies and quests so it's not as slow as you think

Level 1
hi, i don't know why but when the game start end i write -load, the game say "profile is empty".

Anyone can help me pls ^^

Level 2
hi, i don't know why but when the game start end i write -load, the game say "profile is empty".

Anyone can help me pls ^^

Did you use the same name as you had with your previous profile, Profiles are linked to players names. If your player name is set as novalor and thats where started your profile then changed your name to novalorous a new profile is needed.

your xp gained scales pretty dramatically as you progress through chaos enemies and quests so it's not as slow as you think

yep found that out thanks.

Level 1
nope, i don't change :/

EDIT: when i write -load the game say : "the code returned by the profile file is empty "

Last edited:
Level 1
All the Praise:

First of all, the remodeling of the Town Area and replacement of units has been done really well, thanks a bunch for that!
Finally no more Lvl. 1 wipes because some Mammoths were on a Field-Trip to Troll-Town! :D

The Shopping Area is abit simple, but thats alright. Ive been wishing for new Shops and Items on this one for ages now :D So Much potential..

The Hero Selection-System is really Neat as well!

Buffing the Standart Units was a seriously needed Update, and replacing the Races with newer/fresher ones, whilst keeping the individual systems already in place (Race A gathers gold faster, Race B gathers Wood faster etc) was a good call, love it.

All in all really well placed and long needed changes, to kick some life into an old Map, good Job and i got to say Thank You for your Work! :)

Bug-Report:

At a certain point in the Game, the Phoenix Rangers abilities are not useable anymore:
Whenever i try to manually revive or use the Q-Phoenix Dash ability, the game says 'Cant Target here.', even in completely empty spaces.
The Q Ability (Im really not sure if its the Q right now, i just know its the Phoenix Dash-like skill) moreover will use Mana, even if not casted properly.

Question/Suggestion:

Will there be more updates on the Nation/Base-System?
Because what is there right now is actually kind of.."slim" compared to the System before.
To me, part of the great feel this map had was the possibility of Actual 'War' between players, right now its just you and two different 'thugs' each, which doesnt make for a very impressive army.

Moreover id love to see something to fill the 'Skillpoint-Void' on the Heros, even if it would be something simple like the 'Attribute-Bonus', maybe just for their respective Main-Attribute.

All the Praise:

First of all, the remodeling of the Town Area and replacement of units has been done really well, thanks a bunch for that!
Finally no more Lvl. 1 wipes because some Mammoths were on a Field-Trip to Troll-Town! :D

The Shopping Area is abit simple, but thats alright. Ive been wishing for new Shops and Items on this one for ages now :D So Much potential..

The Hero Selection-System is really Neat as well!

Buffing the Standart Units was a seriously needed Update, and replacing the Races with newer/fresher ones, whilst keeping the individual systems already in place (Race A gathers gold faster, Race B gathers Wood faster etc) was a good call, love it.

All in all really well placed and long needed changes, to kick some life into an old Map, good Job and i got to say Thank You for your Work! :)

Bug-Report:

At a certain point in the Game, the Phoenix Rangers abilities are not useable anymore:
Whenever i try to manually revive or use the Q-Phoenix Dash ability, the game says 'Cant Target here.', even in completely empty spaces.
The Q Ability (Im really not sure if its the Q right now, i just know its the Phoenix Dash-like skill) moreover will use Mana, even if not casted properly.

Question/Suggestion:

Will there be more updates on the Nation/Base-System?
Because what is there right now is actually kind of.."slim" compared to the System before.
To me, part of the great feel this map had was the possibility of Actual 'War' between players, right now its just you and two different 'thugs' each, which doesnt make for a very impressive army.

Moreover id love to see something to fill the 'Skillpoint-Void' on the Heros, even if it would be something simple like the 'Attribute-Bonus', maybe just for their respective Main-Attribute.

Glad to see you like the changes! I'll look into the phoenix ranger issues if it's not already fixed, and yes a few more updates will arrive to the nations in 1.33.15, and we've strayed away from the "war" between players for various reasons, i would not expect a return of it. We also recently removed the attribute bonus from all heroes because at the time a few heroes did not simply have room for it, but in exchange we added a more customized replacement ability to the heroes. We hope to soon have 7 total abilities per hero, although the gap between skill points will remain; though other systems could take the place of it in the future.

Level 1
This is one of the greatest maps! I've spent so many hours in this, ever since PoM, and even moreso when FoC hit; Though something I've been dying for is a Hemomancer - I've looked through suggestions in the discord and seen a couple of great ideas, any plans on implementing one?

This is one of the greatest maps! I've spent so many hours in this, ever since PoM, and even moreso when FoC hit; Though something I've been dying for is a Hemomancer - I've looked through suggestions in the discord and seen a couple of great ideas, any plans on implementing one?

Unfortunately new heroes are not at the top of the priority list, but rather making existing heroes more interactive and have a more defined purpose. We will likely begin adding new heroes after the next major release of 1.34.0, which is still some time away. However we still encourage more unique ideas to be submitted, as we do pull a lot of information from them and will eventually be at a point of having the majority of heroes balanced, where we would like to add more to the mix at that time. :)

Level 2
- Arena lags as Hell with a Bard in Team because if Units are on 1 Place it lags as Hell.
Chaos Arena Hard isn't playable withit

- The Area dmg from all Units in Arena and outside is the death for the Hellhounds from Dark Summoner.
They die instant. Only Pure Death can do dmg. Hellhounds and all other Summoner Units need more Defense.

- The Existence Area is a deathtrap. It feels like you decrease all Stats from players but not from the
Enemys. If we enter this Area we can't kill anything. Current the Map is near impossible with 2 players.

The old Versions are better, because you can play it with so many players YOU want and not the Map want.
The decreased stats from all Drops make this game a bit to heavy.
You guys implement a Hardcore mode for Players who want a Challenge. Why you make the normal mode now to a Challenge?

Last edited:
- Arena lags as Hell with a Bard in Team because if Units are on 1 Place it lags as Hell.
Chaos Arena Hard isn't playable withit .... Why you make the normal mode now to a Challenge?

The arena should be lag free next release.

Dark summoner has been improved a bit, but it's intentional for dark flames to kill the hounds.

"It feels like you decrease all Stats from players but not from the
Enemys." I don't understand this statement, are you referring to weather? The zone doesn't reduce any of your stats.

"the old map is better ..." precisely 5 of the 80 or so heroes were useful after level 50 (which left a gap of 949 levels you where you were useless), and there is now 18 that scale for the entire game (1-400), so i again do not understand this comment.

The decreased stats are scaled appropriately with the enemies stats, there is virtually no difference in the scaling from beforehand and now; you are just looking at smaller numbers (with an improvement actually as more mobs were added to break up large level chunks and prepare you better for more difficult ones)

I've never heard anyone call normal mode a challenge, in fact I only get told hardcore is too easy.

"Current the Map is near impossible with 2 players" -- depends on the heroes you choose.

Level 2
Dark summoner has been improved a bit, but it's intentional for dark flames to kill the hounds.

Why? Friendly fire from Summoner Spell kills Hounds and near all enemys kills Hounds because splash/area dmg. What is the reason to summon this Hounds if they die
instant after summon? Before the rebalance the Hounds survive the friendly fire but now they die.

I don't understand this statement, are you referring to weather? The zone doesn't reduce any of your stats.
I mean the rebalance from maximum Level, the Items and the Enemys. The Enemys are strong like older versions but the Items you get are weaker. This make the Game near
impossible with 2 players. I play with my Girlfriend but the Existence Area is impossible for us because to much enemys on a small area... Older version it was the same but it
was easier to handle it because better Items... and her Summons die to fast because to much enemys. The Summons are really to weak in defense to make useful after your rebalance.
And my Oblivion Guard can't tank all and i use full Tank Items and we spend a bit time to push oure Stats. I have over 40.000 ground strengh and my Girlfriend to.
You see she push her Strengh to push her Summons in defense but with so low Healthpoints and no Armor they die instant and she can only use her Spell for dmg but it
hits me2 because stupid friendly fire. Why? This spell isn't strong enough to have friendly fire. There are some Spells who deals much more dmg without friendly fire.

precisely 5 of the 80 or so heroes were useful after level 50
Thats not true. You guys implement some good champs and the Game was really good befor rebalance.
depends on the heroes you choose.
Yes with a Bard and a Full tank you can finifh the Map i think. But in the older versions it was possible to finish the map with 2 caster Champs with a good teamplay
or with a Oblivion/Summoner Team and and and. If you want a challange you can use some commands to make it harder. And now? Now the normal game is a Hardmode
with stronger Champs AND Trash.
The decreased stats are scaled appropriately with the enemies stats, there is virtually no difference in the scaling from beforehand and now; you are just looking at smaller numbers (with an improvement actually as more mobs were added to break up large level chunks and prepare you better for more difficult ones)
This is a lie. I say it again. The Game is much harder now in the older versions it was hard with 2 players but not impossible. We need not more Enemys in the World to prepare us or
for level. In all our Games... 4 Player with 2 other and 2 player with my Girlfriend we are overleveld befor we go to the next Enemys for the next Set. And the rebalance + more enemys is a
deathtrap in the existence Area. You can't pull a small Number of enemys... no!!! Yes in the older versions you can't it too but i say it again. It was easier to handle it with a Teamup and number
of players you want if you push your Mainstat a bit to make it easier.

It is not my first Game. I play some Versions and i know what i say. The current Version is a bit to hard for 1-3 player with random champs, but good for 4+ with a good teamup. You implement so many commands why not a command who make the Game harder over all but the ground difficult like the older Versions or a scale like player numbers? Currently you are forcing us to play with more the 2 players.

PS: Sry for my english. If you don't understand some things ask me ;)
And don't get me wrong. I love the Map and it is good to see you work on it
but some things are make not sense. 1.32.X were good versions but now it is
a Shot beyond the target. It is a german proverb don't know if it make sense
in english ;)

Last edited:

Dai

Dai

Level 1
Is dark summoner a hero that is supposed to have an hard time dealing enough damage?
Basically I reached 65000 int and equipped sassy brawler,medean curse and iron golem weapon(the thing with 50% of X6 damage) and it still takes a whole lot of time to kill anything with armour that is not reduced to 0.(ps I summon stuff too but I do not have yet the level 400 skill for improving summons. will that skill change a lot of things?)
Would summoner be op if the critical boost items and orb effects did apply to minions?
Hi, how did you get the medean curse? Im playing the game as rogue (solo) and i think that item will boost my damage to chaotic bosses.
Thank you

Level 1
Man really nice to see this map still being work on.

Ive spent so many hour on cot v1.2, only reason I stop playing because garena shutdown ther lan thingy back in the days. Just found out today they have standalone version of it now.

keep up the good work. love thos new character selection.

Last edited:
Level 2
We need quick a new Version... This lags are to heavy. We can't clear the third or hardest Arena because this lags. It lags until death and thats not funny.
The Oblivions Guards and the Winged Deamons make this lags. All other Enemys have small lags.

And why would be Aza increased from -Hardmode? The discriptions says Tower+ Aza won't buffed from Hardmode but if we activate it all Bosses accept Aza
are buffed. I miss the old Version with -Hardmode 1-3 pls roll back to this Version. -Hardmode 1-2 are enough. 1 for all Outdoor bosses and 2 for Azazoth.

And why have the Bosses so much Health reg? The Boss inside the Orc Base reg so much healt. Without the Bard buff, who increase our dmg, we can't kill
him. We play with 4 Player. Oblivion Guard as Tank, Rouge, Bard and Arcan Warrior. And only if the Bard active his buff we see dmg on this Boss.

With some things we can life but not with this lags from Arena. We can clear with our Team but because this lags it is impossible.

i think it is not wanted to increase the stats and equip to heall to clear the Arena with lags. Thats a stupid degree of difficulty ;)

At last i can say. The map is funny. Some changes are good and some are to bad. The Difficulty for 1-3 players without a perfect teamup
is to high. My Girlfriend and me played the Map much time but with this changes we can't play the map with 2 players. The older versions
are near perfect balanced and this Version is for 4+ players balanced. Only with really good gear you can play this with lower then 4 players
but you can't equip the heroes to do it without hundrest of hours or more as 2 players.

Level 2
An Update but not a new Version? Same Version, same size?!?
I'm confused!

Hope we become fast an Update for this Lags, the Overpowered Healthreg from
some bosses and a useful Dark Summoner ;)

Level 1
Just come across this map today after playing around with a lot of rpg, this map seem great, can anyone recommend which class is good to play solo?

Level 6
Warrior is really good solo.

I guess summoner as well.

Recent patch changed a lot of things so im not sure but the best fun with this map is to play with other people.
Join the discord and you can talk to people about joining or hosting a game.

Level 1
Just come across this map today after playing around with a lot of rpg, this map seem great, can anyone recommend which class is good to play solo?
I can't really recommend anything to play solo, especially at the start; they kind of boned solo play after the change to Nevermore.

Level 1
Hi, me and another player's i download this map, i want to create the lobby on LAN, i select the map, after 1s i go again in map room, can't create 1 lobby... Curse of Time RPG: Nevermore v1.33.15b

Level 6
Hi, me and another player's i download this map, i want to create the lobby on LAN, i select the map, after 1s i go again in map room, can't create 1 lobby... Curse of Time RPG: Nevermore v1.33.15b

LAN has a size limit on the maps you can play from what ive recently learned my self

i recommend just using bnet no port fowarding of any kind is needed to host a game

Level 1
LAN has a size limit on the maps you can play from what ive recently learned my self

i recommend just using bnet no port fowarding of any kind is needed to host a game
i play map over 60mb with out prolem. And i try to play on solo mode, custom map etc

Level 1
Hello all!

I'm hoping this will be a simple fix, but I have made a character a few days ago and got her pretty high lvl. I have since come back to try out other characters and was given a prompt that if I selected a new character that my old character would be erased. I went ahead and copied the original file folder from the first character as a backup. Now I have two characters but only the most recent character and profile will load. Is there any way I can load my original character when I want to play them?

Level 1
Me and my friends love this map, have played this one from time to time back to the original CoT RPG map. Great changes.
We're wondering if you have any plans to release this for Warcraft 3 Reforged?

Also some issues I've noticed with Dark Summoner.
Summons sometimes cause the fight with the Gods to crash the game. Probably due to one of the Gods AOE spells.
Taunt range from the Meat Golem should be increased, he fails too often to pick up minions running past him.

Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of replies and glad you're enjoying the game. Unfortunately, you cannot retrieve a deleted hero code and deleting heroes in the current version is bugged. In the future to prevent issues like this from occurring, please make a back-up of your entire folder where the data is stored. -> C:\Users\user\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomMapData\CoT Nevermore 1.33

There are plans indeed for reforging the map. In the near future we will have an update to support battle.net 2.0 names, as well as many bug fixes mentioned here and others. In the further future, we hope to have a massive overhaul to the map to include new features brought to the editor.

Level 1
whenever i play the item removal/ afk timer keeps ticking
when it reaches zero
my hero automatically goes away
note i'm playing this in single player
why does this happen?

Capture.PNG

whenever i play the item removal/ afk timer keeps ticking
when it reaches zero
my hero automatically goes away
note i'm playing this in single player
why does this happen?

View attachment 352170

AFK Timer is a aspect of this game to prevent overnight farming; every 30 minutes you'll be prompted to type a code that appears over your hero. It will say "Type -####" where you just type the (-numbercode, aka -1234) and it'll go away. If you type it as soon as it prompts, you have up to 59 minutes before you need to type it again.

Level 1
How do i fix the issue of map size too big? i tried replacing the game.dll file and also added the bypass.mix but when i choose the map, it takes me back to the LAN menu.
2020 anyone?

How do i fix the issue of map size too big? i tried replacing the game.dll file and also added the bypass.mix but when i choose the map, it takes me back to the LAN menu.
2020 anyone?

This game can only be played on Warcraft 3 patch 1.31+ -- optimally, you'll always want to use the latest patch as we update the map to use new features that makes it incompatible with earlier game versions.

If you want to play the game on whatever version you're on now, you'd need to look for older releases, such as 1.32.14b. I am unable to find a direct link to that version, but i was able to find 1.32.12, which may also work, here: COT RPG: PoM FoC Nevermore v1.32.12b - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Level 1
does anyone here know how to load your save for this map because i was playing solo i tried -save and when i tried -load it said "you cannot load a multiplayer character in singleplayer" or something like that

Last edited:
Level 1
Another glitch i found is that when entering chaos you suddenly stop leveling even though you still get exp does anybody know how to deal with this? (If anybody is still reading up to this point and knows how the game works)

Level 1
Quite possibly one of the crappiest RPGs on Warcraft 3, it's been around forever, and I've played this map since the beginning, but the anti-afk mechanics, and timer when you destroy your base to build a different one are meaningless and stupid. Quit with the dumb stuff and take out these useless mechanics that don't deter cheaters anyways.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Quite possibly one of the crappiest RPGs on Warcraft 3, it's been around forever, and I've played this map since the beginning, but the anti-afk mechanics, and timer when you destroy your base to build a different one are meaningless and stupid. Quit with the dumb stuff and take out these useless mechanics that don't deter cheaters anyways.
Any other reasons why this deserves 1 star aside some few things you don't like?

Level 1
Why does it matter what I think? Do you go around searching for bad reviews to argue them? Not my first rodeo with this map, and it was bad years ago, it's just as bad if not worse now, and hardly anything has even changed between then and now. Seems like Waugriff, the original map maker did 99% of the work on this map only for someone else to take all the credit and push his name to the back like he did nothing.