1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Curse of Time RPG: Nevermore v1.33.17b

Submitted by legendcrazyman, Mayday
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
Contents

CoT Nevermore v1.33.17b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Choose a Hero unit's order icons (Stop, Move etc.) do not have DISBTNs (green squares on F10/pause). Use these to create the necessary icons: Button Manager v1.8.2 BLP Lab v0.5.0 Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons How to Make an Icon 2. First...
deepstrasz
I see this is all being updated once in a while. That's a good sign of... Approval.
  1. zantanzuken

zantanzuken

Resources:
    Resources:
    Was playing the most recent version (1.33.7b) new character, everythings going fine, get up to level 7 and build a nation... and then i get 'gods curse'

now its been quite some time since I've played CoT seriously, but as i remember it you get this curse when you attempt to fight the gods and fail... and there are certain buildings which can 'resist' this effect, allowing for you to try it again... am i wrong here? does it just trigger when you buy a nation and you have to kill the gods before they kill you?

2. NightMareGod

NightMareGod

Resources:
    Resources:
    no to get rid of the curse you have to go in the church and pay the priest he will make it go away

3. Melos

Melos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why no more lv999?
    Demons lv300
    Horror lv 400

4. ZonTeX

ZonTeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    there is a bug, after the load is complete, before the *Press a key to...* appears the game is quit cuz of error message: Requested 380 gigabyte of ram, critical error. Any suggestion?:) thanks

5. Rev1395

Rev1395

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does Frozen Throne need to be updated to the latest version to play the map?

6. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We code wipe between most major version releases, and occasionally in-between. Anything before 1.33.3 will not work on the current version.

Edit: If you seek older versions, you can check the website for direct downloads.
    Release – Curse of Time RPG

7. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We try to keep it updated with the current patch if possible. Though some versions in the past have worked on older patches. As of 1.33.7, I believe you need 1.29 or 1.30.

8. Melos

Melos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why all time code-vipe?
    So i have no prestige!

9. Aschrakor

Aschrakor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really? Why then Prestige? This make no sense for me!!! I Level Prestige, want to play the newest version and if you guys think it is time for a wipe we players
    lost all our Time we spend in this Map?

10. Ruinous_Bear

Ruinous_Bear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Edit: The other version allows for playing the map but one major issues happens. When my game crashes (when seems randomly) and you load a hero (at least on solo play), you no longer get xp and have to repick to regain xp again.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  11. xtorridx

xtorridx

Resources:
    Resources:
    is there something i need to download or install to be able to play this map? I can play the older versions.

12. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We haven't code wiped in a while, since 1.33.3.

Unfortunately we have a lot of issues due to current wc3 patch. When they update it again, we'll update cot to work again. We just tested it on the PTR today with good success.

13. Melos

Melos

Resources:
    Resources:
    That was not the quest ;-)

14. Aschrakor

Aschrakor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really is this the answer? I ask WHY... why you guys wipe this Code? We level our Prestige on a Version and you guys thinks
    it is time for a wipe!?! For what? What is the reason for this crap?
    I like your Work. This Map is nice but this Code wipe is a "feature" you can skip!
    Sry 4 my English. Isn't my language ;)

15. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

We wipe to add new content. We have everything stored in the save code, but as we add more heroes/items/etc we have to apply it to save as well, which forces a wipe. The second reason would be bug abuse, to prevent people from going back to earlier versions and having an unfair advantage. We do not code wipe for no reason, we only apply it when it is necessary to proceed further with development, or to prevent exploits.

As you can see, every version ever uploaded here is marked (b) for beta, as the map is still under heavy modding and all of these aspects should be expected. We try our best to not release with any major bugs, but we can't be perfect every time.

16. legendcrazyman

legendcrazyman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey I really like this map!

17. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    Latest version downloaded, CTD after loading complete, following errors appeared in logs folder
    ::
    9/27 17:01:17.990 GameMain Started
    9/27 17:01:17.990 Command Line: "F:\warcraft iii\Warcraft III.exe" --game=w3 "--gamepath=F:/Warcraft III/" -uid w3
    9/27 17:01:17.990 Current Directory: "f:\warcraft iii"
    9/27 17:01:18.540 Telemetry Launch Info:

Warcraft III.exe Agent.exe"W3XP*W3XP

9/27 17:01:37.536 GameMain Ended
    9/27 17:01:18.569 Error (UI\FrameDef\UI\ConsoleUI.fdf:96265736): Expected ",", but found "AlphaMode"

9/27 17:01:18.569 (UI\FrameDef\UI\ConsoleUI.fdf//96265736) Warning, unknown keyword in context: Literal String
    9/27 17:01:18.569 (UI\FrameDef\UI\ConsoleUI.fdf//96265736) Warning, unknown keyword in context: ,

Tried in single player and multiplayer and same problem

18. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    From what I understand, you crash directly after the loading screen -- this game must be played on maximum warcraft 3 settings, [​IMG] here is an example of how it should look. You should also restart warcraft 3 after every game you play.

19. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks @TastyTastyToast problem solved

This map is great, I love the concept and the unique game-play and the support is great. 5/5

20. Jibjab01

Jibjab01

Resources:
    Resources:
    What idiot makes an rpg that you can only save one time per game? With all the desyncs in wc3 nowadays i save several times to ensure i dont lose my data. This game will waste your time,unfortunately. Then other players will force,hardcore mode and new players die and cannot save, huge waste of time.