1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Curse of Time RPG: Nevermore v1.33.15b

Submitted by legendcrazyman, Mayday
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
Features
19 Heroes - All of which are fitted with themed custom abilities.

Dungeons & World Bosses - A challenge is the core of the experience.

Personalized Bases - Build your own base from a large selection to define how you want to play.

Crafting - Gather materials to create sets and upgrade boss items.

Multi-World - This game offers two different in-game worlds, scaling on the parties level.

Prestige System - This map offers a very creative way to manage replayability and rewarding those who play it.

Proficiency System - All items can be used by anyone, but they will only gain the maximum stats or ability scaling if it's an item you're proficient in.

Scaling XP System - As you level up, progress becomes more challenging.

Codeless Save/Load - You only need to type "-load" at the start of the game to bring up a dialogue box of all your Heroes to pick from.
Contents

CoT Nevermore v1.33.15b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Choose a Hero unit's order icons (Stop, Move etc.) do not have DISBTNs (green squares on F10/pause). Use these to create the necessary icons: Button Manager v1.8.2 BLP Lab v0.5.0 Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons How to Make an Icon 2. First...
deepstrasz
I see this is all being updated once in a while. That's a good sign of... Approval.
  1. Melos

Melos

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can save in hardcoren 30min if the map starts, then all hour 1x.
    Normal u can save all time.

But the build time for irrwish and others is to much.
    so i dont play more the map.
    30min for build base + irrwish etc is to much!

2. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    So with the latest version I am playing alone in LAN with normal mode, I saved once and it was fine, tried to save again about 10 levels later and its not working. I'm pretty pissed considering I can't save the game like normal and pick up where I left off, This save issue needs to be fixed ASAP.

I found some items have the wrong tool-tips, E.G amulet of evasion description: A robe commonly used by magicians. What? and what is supposed to be bone chimes shows as blood shield.

Backpack town teleport disables Phoenix Archer's Mutishot, have to turn off then on again.

-commands responds with (null)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  3. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm not really what issue you're having, but you're replying to an old developers comment. The only limit on saving is during hardcore mode, where it's locked to a time between saves (which can be shown with the command -st). Also, if by force then you mean select a game mode (as an option) then yes -hcw (-hardcore world) sets all players to be hard core and removes the wandering death knight to prevent brutal low level deaths.

Not sure what irrwish is, but in the recent versions and upcoming versions time spent building a base has been shortened and options have been added to speed it up even further.

What do you mean save like normal and pick up where you left off? Save game through the warcraft 3 interface? That is not particularly supported, as -save is a command to save your hero/items/backpack
    As for the item tool tips, we update those we find that are wrong, but most are from older developers and we do not catch all of the mistakes. I'm also not sure the issue with the icon for blood shield, people use in-game assets all the time, a custom icon is not required for every single item, especially one that is used for less than 2% of game time.

edit: also, your last two reports are fixed in the next release.

4. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    Glad to hear last 2 are fixed.

Not too worried about the tool-tips just letting you know what i found.

So the shop is supposed to have blood shield in the Utility merchant, did not know just trying to help?

-save works only once after that no matter how long I wait it does not work and like I said I'm in normal mode not hardcore. I did however find that if I wait for the AFK timer then use the save game option I can reload. Maybe there is an issue with the -save command? Thanks for the response.

5. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah my mistake, seems there's a bug regarding those who choose -new in version 1.33.12, allowing them to only save once. The problem should not continue if you use -load at the next game start -- but it has been fixed for next version as well

6. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    Couple more bugs I found, thanks for the -new, - save, -load tip. I can save my hero again as much as i like :).
    1. Sassy Brawler Boss Item does not save with -save.
    2. Castle of the god's has slow mana regen.
    3. Dire Extension does not have the teleport skill it is supposed to.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  7. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sassy can now be saved in 1.33.13, castle is not that slow -- it's about 100 per second regen, and teleport has been removed from the game.

8. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh ok, no teleport no worries. Thanks for fixing reported bug's so far :) Loving the map and hope to see it in reforged.

Not sure if this is a bug or meant to annoy us but built the first chaos home (Spirit Lodge) and exp rate is 15.000%??? How can anyone level up on that?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  9. legendcrazyman

legendcrazyman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    your xp gained scales pretty dramatically as you progress through chaos enemies and quests so it's not as slow as you think

10. Artezic

Artezic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map, thanks for everyone who contributed!

11. novalor

novalor

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi, i don't know why but when the game start end i write -load, the game say "profile is empty".

Anyone can help me pls ^^

12. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did you use the same name as you had with your previous profile, Profiles are linked to players names. If your player name is set as novalor and thats where started your profile then changed your name to novalorous a new profile is needed.

yep found that out thanks.

13. novalor

novalor

Resources:
    Resources:
    nope, i don't change :/

EDIT: when i write -load the game say : "the code returned by the profile file is empty "

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  14. Mau5Bau5

Mau5Bau5

Resources:
    Resources:
    All the Praise:

First of all, the remodeling of the Town Area and replacement of units has been done really well, thanks a bunch for that!
    Finally no more Lvl. 1 wipes because some Mammoths were on a Field-Trip to Troll-Town! :D

The Shopping Area is abit simple, but thats alright. Ive been wishing for new Shops and Items on this one for ages now :D So Much potential..

The Hero Selection-System is really Neat as well!

Buffing the Standart Units was a seriously needed Update, and replacing the Races with newer/fresher ones, whilst keeping the individual systems already in place (Race A gathers gold faster, Race B gathers Wood faster etc) was a good call, love it.

All in all really well placed and long needed changes, to kick some life into an old Map, good Job and i got to say Thank You for your Work! :)

Bug-Report:

At a certain point in the Game, the Phoenix Rangers abilities are not useable anymore:
    Whenever i try to manually revive or use the Q-Phoenix Dash ability, the game says 'Cant Target here.', even in completely empty spaces.
    The Q Ability (Im really not sure if its the Q right now, i just know its the Phoenix Dash-like skill) moreover will use Mana, even if not casted properly.

Question/Suggestion:

Will there be more updates on the Nation/Base-System?
    Because what is there right now is actually kind of.."slim" compared to the System before.
    To me, part of the great feel this map had was the possibility of Actual 'War' between players, right now its just you and two different 'thugs' each, which doesnt make for a very impressive army.

Moreover id love to see something to fill the 'Skillpoint-Void' on the Heros, even if it would be something simple like the 'Attribute-Bonus', maybe just for their respective Main-Attribute.

15. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Glad to see you like the changes! I'll look into the phoenix ranger issues if it's not already fixed, and yes a few more updates will arrive to the nations in 1.33.15, and we've strayed away from the "war" between players for various reasons, i would not expect a return of it. We also recently removed the attribute bonus from all heroes because at the time a few heroes did not simply have room for it, but in exchange we added a more customized replacement ability to the heroes. We hope to soon have 7 total abilities per hero, although the gap between skill points will remain; though other systems could take the place of it in the future.

16. Shanasmira

Shanasmira

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is one of the greatest maps! I've spent so many hours in this, ever since PoM, and even moreso when FoC hit; Though something I've been dying for is a Hemomancer - I've looked through suggestions in the discord and seen a couple of great ideas, any plans on implementing one?

17. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately new heroes are not at the top of the priority list, but rather making existing heroes more interactive and have a more defined purpose. We will likely begin adding new heroes after the next major release of 1.34.0, which is still some time away. However we still encourage more unique ideas to be submitted, as we do pull a lot of information from them and will eventually be at a point of having the majority of heroes balanced, where we would like to add more to the mix at that time. :)

18. Aschrakor

Aschrakor

Resources:
    Resources:
    - Arena lags as Hell with a Bard in Team because if Units are on 1 Place it lags as Hell.
    Chaos Arena Hard isn't playable withit

- The Area dmg from all Units in Arena and outside is the death for the Hellhounds from Dark Summoner.
    They die instant. Only Pure Death can do dmg. Hellhounds and all other Summoner Units need more Defense.

- The Existence Area is a deathtrap. It feels like you decrease all Stats from players but not from the
    Enemys. If we enter this Area we can't kill anything. Current the Map is near impossible with 2 players.

The old Versions are better, because you can play it with so many players YOU want and not the Map want.
    The decreased stats from all Drops make this game a bit to heavy.
    You guys implement a Hardcore mode for Players who want a Challenge. Why you make the normal mode now to a Challenge?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  19. Mayday

Mayday

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The arena should be lag free next release.

Dark summoner has been improved a bit, but it's intentional for dark flames to kill the hounds.

"It feels like you decrease all Stats from players but not from the
    Enemys." I don't understand this statement, are you referring to weather? The zone doesn't reduce any of your stats.

"the old map is better ..." precisely 5 of the 80 or so heroes were useful after level 50 (which left a gap of 949 levels you where you were useless), and there is now 18 that scale for the entire game (1-400), so i again do not understand this comment.

The decreased stats are scaled appropriately with the enemies stats, there is virtually no difference in the scaling from beforehand and now; you are just looking at smaller numbers (with an improvement actually as more mobs were added to break up large level chunks and prepare you better for more difficult ones)

I've never heard anyone call normal mode a challenge, in fact I only get told hardcore is too easy.

"Current the Map is near impossible with 2 players" -- depends on the heroes you choose.

20. Aschrakor

Aschrakor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why? Friendly fire from Summoner Spell kills Hounds and near all enemys kills Hounds because splash/area dmg. What is the reason to summon this Hounds if they die
    instant after summon? Before the rebalance the Hounds survive the friendly fire but now they die.

I mean the rebalance from maximum Level, the Items and the Enemys. The Enemys are strong like older versions but the Items you get are weaker. This make the Game near
    impossible with 2 players. I play with my Girlfriend but the Existence Area is impossible for us because to much enemys on a small area... Older version it was the same but it
    was easier to handle it because better Items... and her Summons die to fast because to much enemys. The Summons are really to weak in defense to make useful after your rebalance.
    And my Oblivion Guard can't tank all and i use full Tank Items and we spend a bit time to push oure Stats. I have over 40.000 ground strengh and my Girlfriend to.
    You see she push her Strengh to push her Summons in defense but with so low Healthpoints and no Armor they die instant and she can only use her Spell for dmg but it
    hits me2 because stupid friendly fire. Why? This spell isn't strong enough to have friendly fire. There are some Spells who deals much more dmg without friendly fire.

Thats not true. You guys implement some good champs and the Game was really good befor rebalance.
    Yes with a Bard and a Full tank you can finifh the Map i think. But in the older versions it was possible to finish the map with 2 caster Champs with a good teamplay
    or with a Oblivion/Summoner Team and and and. If you want a challange you can use some commands to make it harder. And now? Now the normal game is a Hardmode
    with stronger Champs AND Trash.
    This is a lie. I say it again. The Game is much harder now in the older versions it was hard with 2 players but not impossible. We need not more Enemys in the World to prepare us or
    for level. In all our Games... 4 Player with 2 other and 2 player with my Girlfriend we are overleveld befor we go to the next Enemys for the next Set. And the rebalance + more enemys is a
    deathtrap in the existence Area. You can't pull a small Number of enemys... no!!! Yes in the older versions you can't it too but i say it again. It was easier to handle it with a Teamup and number
    of players you want if you push your Mainstat a bit to make it easier.

It is not my first Game. I play some Versions and i know what i say. The current Version is a bit to hard for 1-3 player with random champs, but good for 4+ with a good teamup. You implement so many commands why not a command who make the Game harder over all but the ground difficult like the older Versions or a scale like player numbers? Currently you are forcing us to play with more the 2 players.

PS: Sry for my english. If you don't understand some things ask me ;)
    And don't get me wrong. I love the Map and it is good to see you work on it
    but some things are make not sense. 1.32.X were good versions but now it is
    a Shot beyond the target. It is a german proverb don't know if it make sense
    in english ;)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019