1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Curse of Naxxramas [PATCH]

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by defskull, May 6, 2014.

1. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    700 would be really cheap if it wasn't that 100g limit I think I would have gotten 250g per day. To not speak of the streamers who sit on 10k gold already.

It's hard to imagine not having time for games, I have never had that issue :p

2. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    WTF do you do all day? Can I get in on that action?! : D

Again, I see this game as a casual game. I have like 1 friend who still plays the game semi-regularly. Everyone else quit because it was too hard to get cards. This is even less casual.

3. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Play games, since I don't got school. What do you mean? :p (never heard that phrase before)

I'd say hearthstone is fairly casual though, you can reach rank 10 with a super cheap zoo deck. Naxx is the first experience that a player can miss because of inaccessibility BUT I think it's a very good thing. I beg to god that they don't make the same mistake with hearhstone as with WoW. EVERYONE MUST HAVE ACCESS TO EVERYTHING WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If you are ranking up the ladder (which many many people do) you will be getting easy 100g a day (even with only 40g quest) so in my opinion for majority of people the price ranges between cheap and acceptable.
    Besides many people I imagine already have that 2800 gold as everybody expected 1000g/wing at least so started farming beforehand.

Moreover the Naxx cards don't really seem that good at all so I don't believe anybody will "have to" buy anything.
    Noobs who will join after better just buy packs instead.

5. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    So most people on the ladder play 5+ hours a day? Realistically, 100g would be like 8 hours.

6. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have played 6 hours of hearthstone per day the last week or so. But normally I play like.. max 2.

You can pull out 5 min wins with murloc warlock in casual games for farming. Either win or lose in 5 min, else concede. If you do that, 5 hours for 100g. If you divide it by two, you play 2.5 hours for 50 gold + 40 gold for quest. That's very close to a naxx wing.

7. Paliouras

Paliouras

Resources:
    Resources:
    22 July release date :D(but it is blizzard so it isn't 100% sure :p)

8. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My wife played the last 3 days and has 620g, she plays not even an hour.
    Not sure if that says anything, but she just does the daily quests.

9. Tonex

Tonex

Resources:
    Resources:
    New Nax card:
    Loatheb
    [​IMG]

Milhouse combo?

10. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Cool card! It could be fun to combo with millhouse, but I have a feeling that Blizz will just make millhouse overwrite the effect. But who knows?

Anyway, I'm happy to hear they have decided on a release date. I hope the wings are sufficiently challenging.

11. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    On a new account? You get lots of gold at the start.

12. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No she just been playing since day 1 of it coming out.

13. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    According to a tweet by Ben Brode, Millhouse and then Loatheb = 5 mana-cost spells. Loatheb then Millhouse = 0 mana-cost. So it is possible to get them to combo. It might not be the best idea against a mage, but it works well for almost everyone else. :p

14. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    They posted all cards already.
    They are horribly underwhelming to be perfectly honest. The amount of taunters is pretty silly, I'm assuming Blizz somehow thinks that making gimmicky taunters is somehow a solution to Leeroy.
    The legendaries I think are so laughably bad, with only Kel'Thuzad being somewhat passable IMO.
    Loatheb is useless, Maexxna is .. just a worse boulderfist ogre, Feugen and Stalagg are the ultimate gimmickness of the level of inner fire + divine spirit.

The one card that I think is really really good, is Zombie Chow in a priest deck. I think this is better for a priest than the actual priest card, and I think this is the card the priest needed.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/....1073741841.498467596862680&type=3&uploaded=5

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  15. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are you kidding me? Pretty much all of those cards look incredible. Kel'thuzad looks broken. :eek:

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    It'll be interesting to see what people do. It's hard to simply call cards trash without seeing what combos people can come up with. Nothing looks strong, true, but we are generally thinking of what would go with the current meta.

Also I hope Blizzard starts making balance changes more. This is what the game needs the most; an ever changing meta.

Didn't watch it, but I like and respect Kripps opinions when it comes to video games.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifOKmq32nSM

17. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    From the new cards I think only the Deathlord is broken.
    The stats for cost ratio is completely bonkers and the deathrattle is just amazing, I assume designers at Derpzzard thought it would be a disadvantage but in practice it will pull and neutralize all battlecry/situational cards in the opponent's deck.

18. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's really strong against agro, but pretty bad for a 3 drop against other decks. Even if it gets rid of a battlecry, it's still a 0 mana minion for your opponent.

There are lots of good cards imo.
    -Loatheb will be amazing, and likely in a lot of decks. Kripp called it possibly the best card in hearthstone now. I disagree, but it's still good.
    -Mad scientist is pretty awesome, mostly for mages.
    -Sludge Belcher will almost single handedly counter rush decks.
    -Feugen is a sick 5 drop stat wise.
    -Spectral night is boss against control decks
    -Unstable Ghoul is another rush counter that's awesome.
    -Wailing Soul has some really good possibilities. It's got much better stats than other silence minions, and could be used really well in certain decks (especially with ancient watchers).
    -Reincarnate will make of for awesome deathrattle decks with Shaman
    - Anubar Ambusher is super strong for its stats and it's deathrattle can be played around fairly easily.
    - Shade of Naxramus has potential. At the very least it can take AoE away from your opponent for 3 mana or be a 3-3. At best it could win you the game.
    -Poison Seeds is hard to gauge. Could be amazing as a hard board clear, or it could wind up being useless in a match.

19. Ceday

Ceday

Resources:
    Resources:
    Am I the only one who thinks that Shade is a non-legendary and cheap grull with stealth?

20. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @Talavaj: I think it is helpful against Zoo. But the deathrattle can ruin the game. I would consider not even playing it against something like control warrior. It is still a very good card though, except maybe against priests. I would personally try using it as a priest. It could be a good inner fire target.

@Ceday: Shade is strong for buffs, but it is a 3-mana investment. I have a feeling people will have to break stealth prematurely to get board control. But I think it could be really useful for something like miracle rogue, which usually has to pass on turn 3 anyway. :p