• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Culling Slash

Culling Slash

"No, you."

• Previews

Ensemble

159728-9af93508c1150fb72cfc995f09f4651d.gif

159729-80f17d24f4204ca5736e1b603224c2f1.gif

159748-43fa8bacf5cf8e5e97aa4aaa3c00eeba.gif

159747-84709a7f6c5077574b1498533d39a3e4.gif

• Changelog

5/28/19 - Uploaded

5/29/19
-
Removed height
- Fixed Purple Slash light color
- Added Red and Silver versions

• Notes
Feel free to modify for personal use. If there are significant changes, feel free to upload too. Give credits if you modify/use.

• Frequent Issues

Magos' Model Editor
If a.) the model/s present an error regarding a ribbon emitter upon opening, or b.) the models go blank in-game after editing them in Magos', use MdlxConv to convert the uncorrupted file to mdl, edit the model as you wish, and then convert back to mdx before importing.

In-Game
If models with omnilights light up the whole map after conversion, make sure you're using version 1.04 of MdlxConv.
Previews
Contents

Culling Cleave (Model)

Culling Cleave Purple (Model)

Culling Cleave Red (Model)

Culling Cleave Silver (Model)

Culling Slash (Model)

Culling Slash Purple (Model)

Culling Slash Red (Model)

Culling Slash Silver (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section.
Green one reminds me of WoW Cleave. Was that the inspiration?
Never seen similar stuff from WoW. I don't usually take inspiration from it.

how did you detected the attack animations to use the correct effect?
The cleave effect is created after the attack, and the slash is displayed after a cast.

Level 20
I like the direction you models are going, but we need more color variations! For models like this you should also consider doing versions with white/transparent color to make them look like air slashes.

You can use the model editor to chance the color of individual particle emitters. You shoul ask for the creator permission the edit their work if you intend to publish them in one of your projects.

Thanks guys!

Update said:
- Removed height
- Fixed Purple Slash light color
- Added Red and Silver versions

Epic! :) Would it be perhaps possible to create a red version of this?

+1!
I would also love to see a white version, for a more "generic" blade swing.

This is great stuff!

I like the direction you models are going, but we need more color variations! For models like this you should also consider doing versions with white/transparent color to make them look like air slashes.

Done.

You can use the model editor to chance the color of individual particle emitters. You shoul ask for the creator permission the edit their work if you intend to publish them in one of your projects.

There are no particles involved.

Added a little note to the main post:

Editing said:
Feel free to modify for personal use. If there are significant changes, feel free to upload too. Give credits if you use/modify.

I think it looks interesting when attached to the chest:
cs1-w-06.gif

Level 1
great slash effects ... thanks for sharing thy model (skill,attack ,etc effects) .. Yes as

T.Nick said:

---

it is also a good idea to made a slash effect like that .. brings real battle effects in the game :) thanks again

Level 3
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Absolutely perfect for my needs!
I'd be extremely thankful if someone could post a example on how to spawn and set the slash's facing angle based on it's caster's, though.