• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

CryptLord.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Crypt Lord (Texture)

Reviews
10:25, 16th Dec 2009 THE_END: Not enough details, very bad shading, this needs to be redone

M

10:25, 16th Dec 2009
THE_END: Not enough details, very bad shading, this needs to be redone

Level 38
The re-colored gray portions of the skin don't really match the custom work on the skin. It also looks like you killed the alpha channels, I don't see any team color and I seem to remember the wings being semi-transparent.

At least work with the alpha channels for the wings. The black of the skin could also be a dark blue or gray with some highlights, if you could make it look like stone with those carvings coming out that would be awesome.

chrome. the first thing is, you can almost never do semi transparency on a wc3 model. the effexts just made it look like it. :3

and the skin looks a bit too sharpened. making it look ugly and jagged.(not something you want) try smoothing it all out a bit. and all parts of the body needs a lot more shading. it really looks horribly flat atm.

Level 16
chrome. the first thing is, you can almost never do semi transparency on a wc3 model. the effexts just made it look like it. :3

and the skin looks a bit too sharpened. making it look ugly and jagged.(not something you want) try smoothing it all out a bit. and all parts of the body needs a lot more shading. it really looks horribly flat atm.

I agree with you Dentothor.

Level 1
*Personal Opinion* - The white/ gray and light-blue should be re-done, the contrast makes the skin pop-out (in a bad way). Indeed, highly distinguishable from all other Crypt Lord skins, but it's just an eyesore! I mean look at it! Put a -Santa hat- on it and it's "old saint Crypt"!

- Rating : 1/5 (work on alpha and blending in the colors)
- Voting for : Rejection

Level 38
chrome. the first thing is, you can almost never do semi transparency on a wc3 model. the effexts just made it look like it. :3.

attachment.php

The wings look like they use something that supports transparency to me :)
And yes, I am very aware of the limitations of skinning.

I still think the crypt lord skin in this thread (not the picture I posted above) needs to have working transparency in the wings.

Attachments

• TransparentWings.jpg
    TransparentWings.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 301