• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a First Person Camera

Level 2
Magamdy, I need some help with the looking left and looking right triggers. I can't find the arithmetic bit in the triggers. Can you please help?

Arithmetic? I'll show you a step-by-step instruction.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Pic5.jpg

For the Look Right part, make sure to turn the + 3.00 into a - 3.00, okay?

OH YEAH MAGAMDY I'M MANAGING YOUR TUTORIAL. YEAH! :smile:

I also dare you, Magamdy to guess what map had those triggers. :grin:

Level 8
Arithmetic? I'll show you a step-by-step instruction.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Pic5.jpg

For the Look Right part, make sure to turn the + 3.00 into a - 3.00, okay?

OH YEAH MAGAMDY I'M MANAGING YOUR TUTORIAL. YEAH! :smile:

I also dare you, Magamdy to guess what map had those triggers. :grin:

Dude you answered a question before it even knew it was asked o_O

oh and.... I have no idea...your map lol?

Level 2
Is it possible to make this, and arrow key movement system?(or with wasd?)

By WASD, then you'll use skills on your unit, which will reduce the number of spells you have.

Or why not a Arrow-Key cycle skill?
[Default Setting: Camera for arrow keys]
[Activates the Arrow-Key Cycle spell]
[Arrow Keys for movement!]

OFF: Camera
ON: Movement.

It's a bit hard to manage, and loads of triggers, but it might turn into a success.

Level 8
I bet he'll be really happy to see some progress on it.

The new version's AWESOME.

Understand me correctly, I would LOVE to see that map finished, and work on the rest of the series, but I'm just a school kid, I have lots of other stuff to do, and I'm a trophy hunter on PS3, so I can't bring up the mentality to finish the map. The idea is all in my head, just gotta make it happen, and thats the part where i get stuck.

Okay, The camera moves using keyboards.
Is there anyway to change the camera movement using mouse? Well, If you know what I mean?

It isn't easy in the default editor. The only mouse tracking we have is through trackables, and that isn't enough for camera movement systems (we can't destroy trackables, and they can cut performance severely when spammed in an area).

It is easy through custom mods such as SharpCraft. They have mouse detection natives, but you probably would want to know JASS for it. Also, it would require all players of the map to start up Warcraft 3 through SharpCraft, so it is not as ideal for multiplayer.

Can someone help me ?! How to i going to do to see my heros body and when i walk and turn around i see a siege trail how am i going to do and fix that trail?!

Could you post a screenshot of your problem? I don't know what a "siege trail" is.

If you have an issue with seeing your hero's body, then I recommend locally setting the vertex alpha to transparent. That way you won't see random parts of your body, but other players can still see you.
  • Set UnitToHide = (Triggering unit)
  • Custom script: if (GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(udg_UnitToHide)) then
  • Animation - Change UnitToHide's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.00% transparency
  • Custom script: endif

Level 2
Could you post a screenshot of your problem? I don't know what a "siege trail" is.

If you have an issue with seeing your hero's body, then I recommend locally setting the vertex alpha to transparent. That way you won't see random parts of your body, but other players can still see you.
  • Set UnitToHide = (Triggering unit)
  • Custom script: if (GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(udg_UnitToHide)) then
  • Animation - Change UnitToHide's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.00% transparency
  • Custom script: endif
tY5tgxj

Here take a look at the siege engine train when my heros walking
: http://imgur.com/tY5tgxj
and I mean i would like to see my heros body in FPC

Last edited: