• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crash because of Leaks - I offer 10 Eur for a fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello i have a map project with a lot of sounds and triggers. It crashes randomly. Sometimes after 30 minutes, sometimes 2 hours. We can talk about systems I ve created. I cant find solution. Triggers need to be reworked. Maybe 3 triggers need to be reworked and it will runs Fine. Is someone interested in? After Fix I will donate you. It s 1 year project it would be a pitty to throw it to trashbin.

I also here is a list of categories (Triggers.PNG) of triggers I need to checkmark what category makes leask.
I ll send map if someone can help me.

Attachments

• triggers.PNG
    triggers.PNG
    20.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Level 6
Yep memory leaks. I was looking for tutorials, but some of them I do not understand. The leaks I need to fix are Random units I think. Experienced person should fix this in 20 minutes.

Also is this a big leak? Very similar triggers are in my map like 5 times.That s maybe the cause the ERROR
I ve highlighted Translate with red color

Attachments

• Leak.PNG
    Leak.PNG
    23.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You sure it's crashing because of memory leaks? The most common crash from my experience is creating some kind of infinite loop.

For example: A unit acquires an item -> Create 1 item and give it to triggering unit.

^ The above trigger will crash your map because it creates an infinite loop. The trigger causes itself to run again and again, forever.

Some threads that can help:
What can cause a crash?(memory leak question)
[Crash] - List of WarCraft III Crashes

Note that this information is very dated but most of it should still hold true.

Last edited:
Level 6
Uncle, thank you for reply, I ill check for infinite loops. Why I think the problem is Leak.

The game crashes. I start warcraft 3 again. I ve randomly picked original map 2v2 (for example: (4)Duskwood) from blizzard to play with friends. The sounds from my map were in 2v2 map. Did you get it? :D what a paralel world is this? How? custom sounds of my map were transfered to another map. It is Leak I think then.

If someone can check the leaks or infinite loops I ll pay you money. At least highlight like hey in this trigger you should rework the trigger.

Level 6
lol už ti tam chýba len kapitan Danko a jeho rigorozka. /ah po pozreti znova ho tam maš , beriem späť/

Vies aky je to velky projekt? Planujem to dat na zomri a podobne, aj graficky to vyzera , vsetky hviezdy internetu su tam v 3D podobe. Hravame to dost casto versus 3v3 ale vzdy po hodine hrania fatal error. Kazda hviezda ma zostrihane hlasky a spelly urobene podla hlasok, vid obrazok pre zasmiatie

Attachments

• 1CA86C2A-4F90-4E38-BAEA-5688243BD621.png
    1CA86C2A-4F90-4E38-BAEA-5688243BD621.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Level 17
vidim, že maš tam "custom models" niekedy može hra prestat fungovat práve kvoli niejakemu vlastnemu modelu ktorí može mat v sebe nejaky problem a preto je dobre ho pozriet v sanity tester, tim vylučiš že hra dostala error od modelu.

Level 24
I don't think this is about memory leak, because it just eventually cause lag, but not crashes the game, maybe a lot of time after the lag, but not suddenly.

But for your example: Unit groups and points leak, so you have to do this:

• Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Group="Your Group"
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group an do actions
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Temp_Point=Random point of Playable map area
        • Unit - Order move Picked unit to Temp_Point
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)
Create units cause leaks, not order them or do something else, if you wanna delete it just do
  • Unit - Add expiration timer of "Your Time" of type Generic to "Your unit".
Just if the corpse of your unit eventually rots and its not permanent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.