1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. [Revised as of 12 July 2017] Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Decide who's the leader among the leaders! The poll for the Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We are looking for your vote! Choose the best icon set of the Icon Contest #15!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join Music Contest #7 - Location! Craft a song that depicts any place.
    Dismiss Notice

Crabs Take Over The Island 3.02

Submitted by Los_Tacos
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49181
(Development page containing very detailed information)

I came up with the idea after reading the short science fiction story called Crabs Take Over The Island. In the story, mechanical self-replicating crabs gain control of their own evolution in the midst of an endless battle royale. The defeated crab is destroyed and its materials used to make a new crab. The killing crab rebuilds the dead crab metal into a new crab in its own image, thus simulating reproduction. Survival of the fittest. A reasonable evolution simulation.

This is a fun, fast-paced combat game with 13 abilities and 11 unique items. You start from humble beginnings and begin to learn new skills; combat becomes more complex and skill-based.

See for yourself. Host it on B.net or play with computer AIs.
Contents

Crabs Take Over The Island 3.02 (Map)

Reviews
12:18, 11th Jun 2008 Gilles: Quite a fun little map! Very well made, and unique. The AI doesn't but items though, and it's a huge advantage to the player(s).
  1. 12:18, 11th Jun 2008
    Gilles: Quite a fun little map! Very well made, and unique. The AI doesn't but items though, and it's a huge advantage to the player(s).

2. mazoonon

mazoonon

Interesting map, Crabs and armies that are similar to non-fiction (true) hmmm ill give a 7/10 thus it also reminds me alot of pirates of the carribean 3: at worlds end
    when jack sparrow watches his ship being moved by rock-like crabs :)
    ----------------------------------------
    now is a time for action! *falls asleep*

3. RedNick27

RedNick27

Funny idea, mayby you could add an option to make the camera follow your crab and make it possible to select the shop at the push of a button. And make the game auto select your crab when it lands after bouncing/being thrown.

4. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

It's funny but it takes forever to finish this game. After some time the game gets repetative and dull.

5. crawlers

crawlers

i used slam but then i died before i finished casting it and i didnt revive

6. fess

fess

its kinda cool when crabs rule the world

7. Dragonite The 1337

Dragonite The 1337

Most Epic Map Eve--AMG GIANT CRAB ATTACK AAHGJHHGHGGHHGG!!!! Over 9000/10.

8. Cozythrias

Cozythrias

yes it was fun really but it gets pretty boring in the long run.

but I really have to say it was really fun in the beginning 3/5

9. MR.Tricky

MR.Tricky

it would be nice if there can be teams...

10. Animalpower

Animalpower

Is that a reference to Red Crab migration?

11. Mr.Pockets00000

Mr.Pockets00000

Ill have to say, this map truely is brilliant. And whatever novel inspired you to create this, even more brilliant.