• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cooldown Reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
You need to make a new same spell with the different cooldown, then make a trigger if a unit acquiring an item just replace that spell with another

Level 18
of course not. You'll have to make more abilities with different cooldowns. It's not that hard.

Example: Create 5 or 3 abilities. 1 has 10 secs cd, 2 has 7.5, 3 has 5-6.

and when you pick an item or your hero's ttributes become equal to or greater, just remove ??? ability from the unit and add that ability with less cooldown.

I can't get triggers cuz I can't get triggers.

Level 20
You can if you use your custom cooldown system, maybe showing abilities cooldowns in a Multiboard, or displaying an alert message as a floating text or game text message. Just detect the "beginning of casting an ability" and check if the unit matches the cooldown requirement.

Level 20
^ Yeah... you can make a "Disabled" form of abilities (The same icon but in gray color and no effect). replace with this one when the original is cast, and switch again when cooldown is done. This can be easily achieved with a really simple system i can make for you if you want.

Level 10
^ Yeah... you can make a "Disabled" form of abilities (The same icon but in gray color and no effect). replace with this one when the original is cast, and switch again when cooldown is done. This can be easily achieved with a really simple system i can make for you if you want.

It would be nice) but only if it doesn't disturb you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.