• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Conquest of Northrend

Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Conquest of Northrend
Created by Ujimasa Hojo

Features:

Race Changes:
  • Horde of Northrend (Orc)
  • Riplash Naga (Night Elf)
  • Old God Minions (Undead)
  • Titanic Watcher (Human)

Each race has 5 heroes.

Neutral Units:
  • Ancient Vaults - Sells various Unique items and Artifacts
  • Arcane Sanctum - Helps your Heroes become more powerful
  • Bank - Exchanges gold for lumber and vice versa
  • Fountain of Energy - Regenerates the health and mana of all non-mechanical units nearby
  • Laboratory - Allows you to take advantage of Goblin technology
  • Merchant - Sells various magic items
  • Tavern - Allows you to resurrect Heroes instantly

Screenshots:

Horde of Northrend:

142431-albums6370-picture69037.png

Riplash Naga:

142431-albums6370-picture69036.png

Old God Minions:

142431-albums6370-picture69038.png

Titanic Watchers:

142431-albums6370-picture69039.png

Neutral Units:
Neutral units offer various kinds of services.

142431-albums5814-picture67968.png

Glyphs:
Some of the citizens hold Glyphs. Kill them and take the glyphs before other players do.

142431-albums5814-picture67969.png

Video Previews:

Horde of Northrend:

Riplash Naga:

Old God Minions:

Titanic Watchers:

Change Log:

General:
  • Uploaded.

Titanic Watchers:
  • Restricted Pyromancer limit to one.

Riplash Naga:
  • Added in the Naga voices.

General:
  • Changed the Berserker summoned by the Ancestral Staff back to the original.
Riplash Naga:
  • Fixed the Chitinous research requirements.
Old God Minions:
  • Fixed the Corrosive Breath upgrade for Crypt Flyers.

General:
  • Tidied up a few things.

Titanic Watchers:
  • Updated the Tower model.

Titanic Watchers:
  • Updated the Tower model.

General:

General:

Riplash Naga:
  • The Mage Tower is now clickable during Birth animation.

General:

General:
  • First Hero now for free.
  • Fixed some few things.

General:
  • Fixed some few things.

General:
  • Shops revamped.

Riplash Naga:
  • Updated the custom buildings.

Old God Minions:
  • Updated some of the buildings.

Riplash Naga:
  • Fixed the wrapping of the Hall.

Riplash Naga:
  • Updated the Hall model.

General:
  • Fixed the AI a bit. AI Heroes now learn the Bonus stats.

Horde of Northrend:
  • Now has a custom building set.

General:
  • Fixed leaky Triggers.

General:
  • Optimized imported models reducing total map sizes.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

Horde of Northrend:
  • Altered the Tuskarr Brewmaster's portrait.

Credits:

Models:
  • Crypt Flyer - AndrewOverload519
  • CrystalInfernal - Dark Hunter1357
  • Dwarven Warrior - Frankster
  • Faceless One Cultist - Sin'dorei300
  • Faceless One Mastermind - -Grendel
  • Faceless One Scorpion - Sin'dorei300
  • General Vezax - Dentothor
  • Naga Enchantress - armel
  • Naga Rally Point - LiOneSS
  • Nerubian Elder - -Grendel
  • Rifleman Elite - TurieL
  • Tidebaron - dickxunder
  • Tuskarr Worker - garfield
Other modified models came from Blizzard Entertainment.

Skins:
  • Human User Interface - Sin'dorei300
  • Ice Giant - FrIkY
  • Mimiron - GnoobSauce
  • Naga Cursor - AlienAtSystem
  • Naga User Interface - viiva
  • Undead User Interface - kwaliti
Icons:
  • Coral Trident - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Other modified icons came from Blizzard Entertainment.

Keywords:
Alliance, Azeroth, Capital, Human, Northrend, Scourge, Stormwind, Undead

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Don't expect anything completely new here. I simply shuffled units and abilities. Nonetheless, the original techtrees are relatively intact.
  • This map was designed for Patch 1.26. Bugs might occur if playing on later patches.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab Channels as well and hopefully subscribe.
  • Follow me on Twitter, Minds, or Steemit.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
Contents

CoN: Thor Modan (Map)

CoN: Valiance Keep (Map)

CoN: Vengeance Landing (Map)

CoN: Wintergarde Keep (Map)

Reviews
22:53, 16th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Good additions to the altered melee genres, approved and recommend as acceptable.
12:52, 8th Apr 2014 Orcnet: Approved as acceptable.
Orcnet19:34, 14th May 2013 Map Approved Conquest of Northrend: Valiance Keep (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter...
Orcnet08:56, 21th July 2013 Map Approved CoN: Wintergarde Keep (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
Why don't you try to terrain the locations more to their wow appearance? I'm not complaining just saying it would be pretty cool as you fight with your massive armies say
"I remember this place from WoW"

It would give the maps a unique sense. Despite this 4.5/5 whilst it is nice to have 4 unique races some more custom abilities that mix up the gameplay would be good.

Level 2
Different races again for this one but no story like the others. You should also try combining them with others from other maps sometimes.

Level 20
Ok so tested this map out of boredom and I ask this everyone. What originality? No I am serious after reading the comments.(though some seem to be from completely different map as they mention stormwind). I wanted to examine custom races but if I did that it would be examining Warcraft 3 melee races with some strange twist.

*Titan's watchers are humans and perhaps least altered. The difference is that they lost Knight who serves as Tier 3 melee unit and got Frost (Mountain) Giant. And for the record Mountain Giant statistics and cost clearly don't even suggest that he replaces tier 3 unit, that is why night elves have Druids of the claw bear form.

They also have two "new" heroes who are Priestess of the Moon (instead of the Scout he gets Beastmasters Hawk) and Thinker. Archmage is removed and Blood Mage or Pyromancer gets instead of Banish Summon Fire Elemental and instead of Siphon Mana it is Incinerate.

*Horde of Northrend (even though I guess just taunuka are horde, rest are natives). The change is that trolls get another upgrade "Canibalism", but problem is troll already get Troll Regeneration so they get 2 upgrades for self-healing. Another change is that Wyvern rider is troll and has no poison. And also War Mill is divided in to two buildings one for upgrading and one for lumber drop because clearly there was need for more imported models in this map.

As for heroes you keep Far Seer, Tauren Chieftain and Shadow hunter. You get Brewmaster and a new hero Frost King who gets Blizzard, Frost Nova, Brilliance Aura and Frost Golem (Inferno)

*Old God Minions are sort of just nerubians (who kinda do not even worship old gods anymore). The difference here is that instead of plague cloud there is upgrade that adds poison attack instead disease cloud to Abomination replacement unit (a scorpion), Meat wagon is a worm and Frost Wyrm has been replaced by Chimera (Flying nerubian) who also gets poison attack and upgradable siege attack but no magic attack.

From Heroes we keep Crypt Lord. We get Far Seer who has Soul Burn (Fire Lords ability), Banish, Siphon Mana and death and Decay. Harbinger who is Pit Lord but instead of cleave he gets Unholy Aura. Assassin Bug has Mana Burn, Shadow Strike, Vampiric Aura and Metamorphosis. And last hero is Alchemist who gets Healing Spray and Bomb like regular Alchemist and also gets Evasion and Animate Dead.

*Naga are well... well to be fair I will not call them outright night elf clones as workers don't enter entangled mine and some units are not clones 100%. Like Druid of the claw is replaced by Myrmidon representing tier 3 melee (he gets cleave instead of net, good decision.) and Deep Sear representing caster with Roar, Rejuvenation and Entangle. Druid of Talon unit gets frost armor instead of flight form. Glaive thrower (Turtle) gets Turtle shell to be more durable (why would you keep your long-ranged siege unit near front anyway to be meleed?). Also Chimera was traded for Frost Wyrm and honestly Night Elves got the better deal as this unit keeps magic attack. Oh and no hippogrif.

And ok the real change is new ranged unit, Hydra that attacks 3 targets at same time, has high hp and Stomp (the stun). Honestly even though this unit unlike every other is original the role is not entirely clear to me as you don't exactly lack ranged units in night elf race, and since Myrmidons get cleave and are durable you don't really need Hydra to be meat shield. The only reason you would make this unit because well who doesn't like to abuse AoE stun effect? Another new thing is that Naga get ability to increase health to all beast units (5) and that might be unbalanced little.

As for heroes well good news they aren't night elf clones at all. The closest to night elf hero is Keeper of the Tides who gets Monsoon (AoE Damage, the unused editor ability), Water Elemental, Devotion Aura and Tranquilty. Other heroes are Sea Witch, Blademaster, Dark Ranger (parasite instead of Arrows) and Tidal Lord who has Summons Royal Guard, Tidal Wave, Attack Aura and March of the Tides that is basically stampede of crabs.

Don't expect anything completely new here. I simply shuffled units and abilities.
This warning on map is right (Well almost, only heroes actually got shuffled and 4 units) but that makes me ask what is then the point? Yes map is definitely playable (even though AI will get stuck in halls as he refuses to kill civilians) but there is nothing new here to be seen. There are no new races and terrain honestly is not that good and is really flat. The only and I mean the only reason for this map is to be gallery of custom content. Lets all be honest in this map the only good thing are imports and imports do not make the game. I honestly expected more after playing the Struggle for Azeroth series which at least tries to be different from melee and proves that you can do some changes that won't screw AI and at same time better experience.

I am truly sorry if I appear rude and insulting but that is reaction this map sparked in me and I do not understand people who use word "original" to describe this map.

Level 16
Video Review:

Text Review:
Mixed feelings for the map. As far as the quality and polish goes, the map is fine, but that is about the only good thing you can say about. Some of the custom models are nice, some are unessecary, the custom ui is nice and all, but the map is too familiar to the blizzard races. You copied the map from a blizzard map, no new terrain, and the copied terrain is also bad, and no new races. The races are almost excatly the same with a few changes to a hero or unit here and there, with the night elves/naga being the only real race to have some "major" changes, and that might just be the skins hiding it. Why would you spend alot of time downloading this huge map, which is basically a normal melee with a new skin over it, when you can play the normal melee. The quality and polish is good, but throwing a skin over something doesn't make it new. Lacks orginality. The thing with the shops was nice, though can see the lumber trade to gold getting exploited. As it stands right now the maps is not original enough that i will approve of it. See video for more information and examples.

Score:
2/5 Rejection

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Text Review:
Mixed feelings for the map. As far as the quality and polish goes, the map is fine, but that is about the only good thing you can say about. Some of the custom models are nice, some are unessecary, the custom ui is nice and all, but the map is too familiar to the blizzard races. You copied the map from a blizzard map, no new terrain, and the copied terrain is also bad, and no new races. The races are almost excatly the same with a few changes to a hero or unit here and there, with the night elves/naga being the only real race to have some "major" changes, and that might just be the skins hiding it. Why would you spend alot of time downloading this huge map, which is basically a normal melee with a new skin over it, when you can play the normal melee. The quality and polish is good, but throwing a skin over something doesn't make it new. Lacks orginality. The thing with the shops was nice, though can see the lumber trade to gold getting exploited. As it stands right now the maps is not original enough that i will approve of it. See video for more information and examples.

Score:
2/5 Rejection

I understand your remark about "not having lots of originality", and in some ways agree (love to hear of new custom spells), did you read the author's submission of this very fact?

Ujimasa Hojo said:
Author's notes:
Don't expect anything completely new here. I simply shuffled units and abilities.

Again, creativity is nice (so I'll fault him for that), but Blizzard's skills are well-made and polished; re-using them in different contexts can't be faulted. At least entirely.

Level 10
Hello there. It's nice to see that you enjoy creating maps and that's something for that I envy you. I honorize that you put time into creating these maps but I don't see the big necessarity. Maybe it's just me, but they feel all like the same besides that the appearance changes here and there.

However, instead of updating around 20 maps with as much as nothing (in every map) at the same time (again and again) - you should reduce the amount of maps and therefor increase the amount of new content.

Sorry for that but to me it nearly appears like a spam of maps and as I said already the thing that bugs me the most is that there's like no real new content. Please keep that in mind the next time you're 'updating' your maps. This is not meant to be offending but I really wanted to tell you my opinion.

Level 10
Hello there. It's nice to see that you enjoy creating maps and that's something for that I envy you. I honorize that you put time into creating these maps but I don't see the big necessarity. Maybe it's just me, but they feel all like the same besides that the appearance changes here and there.

However, instead of updating around 20 maps with as much as nothing (in every map) at the same time (again and again) - you should reduce the amount of maps and therefor increase the amount of new content.

Sorry for that but to me it nearly appears like a spam of maps and as I said already the thing that bugs me the most is that there's like no real new content. Please keep that in mind the next time you're 'updating' your maps. This is not meant to be offending but I really wanted to tell you my opinion.

Level 10

Level 10

Level 1
I think it's nice, but races like the Tusks need more variety. The reasons like base races like human and orc are very balanced (artist wise) is because of the large diversity in races. I really like the Troll Jujumancer, but not when he's in EVERY ONE OF YOUR MAPS!
Yes, i understand it's different powers every time, but what you could do for the Tusk race is to have a combination of different Northern creeps as units. Such as polar bears, furblog, wendigo, blue dragons, even wildkin. they would have been nice.
But, i still enjoyed it so, yaaaay

Level 60
I'm going to be uploading unprotected versions soon. If you're one of the authors who don't want one of your resources shared, please point it out:

Icons:

• Coral Trident - CRAZYRUSSIAN

Models:

• Crypt Flyer - AndrewOverload519
  • CrystalInfernal - Dark Hunter1357
  • Faceless One Cultist - Sin'dorei300
  • Faceless One Mastermind - -Grendel
  • Faceless One Scorpion - Sin'dorei300
  • General Vezax - Dentothor
  • Naga Enchantress - armel
  • Naga Rally Point - LiOneSS
  • Nerubian Elder - -Grendel
  • Rifleman Elite - TurieL
  • Tidebaron - dickxunder
  • Tuskarr Worker - garfield

Skins:

• Human User Interface - Sin'dorei300
  • Ice Giant - FrIkY
  • Mimiron - GnoobSauce
  • Naga Cursor - AlienAtSystem
  • Naga User Interface - viiva
  • Undead User Interface - Kwaliti

Level 3
Hi Ujimasa Hoso

I am a Warcraft 3 tournaments organizer and admin who like to organize competitive or fun cups for players.
I would like to do a fun 2v2 cup where players can play the naga race !
I have tested the riplash naga race in your Conquest of Northrend map and I like the models that you have made/chosen.
Would you mind if I export and use the models and units from your map in standard 2v2 maps and make some changes on it ?

Thank you,

Level 60
Hi Ujimasa Hoso

I am a Warcraft 3 tournaments organizer and admin who like to organize competitive or fun cups for players.
I would like to do a fun 2v2 cup where players can play the naga race !
I have tested the riplash naga race in your Conquest of Northrend map and I like the models that you have made/chosen.
Would you mind if I export and use the models and units from your map in standard 2v2 maps and make some changes on it ?

Thank you,

Sure.

Level 4
Besides Thor Modan, i really like these maps and modifications to the races, but the neutral villagers are really bothersome.

Last edited: