• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Conquering Vendula v2.0a

DeathChef presents!

Conquering Vendula v2.0a

Game Story

You started off in a forest, being bashed into a wooden fence, being knocked unconscious. You then remember how it happened with an image of who did it to you, scaring you. You realize some text behind you, reading it. It saying something about you being in an arena, realizing that you where in a kill of die situation. You slay your enemy. The day has past(as you though think). You end up being knocked back into the same position with the same memory taunting you. Although the text behind you seemed updated as although you where meant to come back! Now you have to prove again to be worthy to be alive again.

About the Game

This map was created to be made for you to experiment with how to beat your enemy. Lots of practice and theorizing may be needed if you want to be able to beat the hard difficulty. This map is well customized so don't expect the gameplay to be totally predictable and bland at first sight of playing.

189198-albums6101-picture65320.jpg

Credits

• Music(Alice Trial): izna (note that if you want the full version look it up, this music piece has been cut a little short to cut back on the map file size.)
  • Enemy Model(butchergirl2): Pyramidhe@d
Terrain art models
  • Hellish Hybrid: AxeInGround
  • From The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0: BarrensTree0, BarrensTree1, Custom Rocks, plants
  • Uncle Fester: ManDrake
  • Draknyte1: Pile Of Wood
  • Mc !: PlantCrate
  • Cavman: SpiderCook
  • Buster: Waterfall FX
  • Born²Modificate:Farns, Fences, newbushes
  • Blizzard: highresbarrenstree, Azsharas

History

v2.0 to v2.0a
  • Grammatical errors fixes
  • Minor pathing issues fixed
  • Minor terrain polishing
  • Thew useless model deletions
  • Text shows when you beat hard difficulty
Contact

Competitive Leaderboard Hard Difficulty

Also if you are into this map enough and want your name heard for being victorious on hard difficulty, contact me with your replay. As sending me a replay would be the only way to officially prove that you did what you did. Your score will be uploaded to the leaderboard if approved. The leaderboard will be apart of this maps description and will consist of a top 10. You may only have one score recorded(your top) that is submitted. If the map is updated with updates that may effect the gameplay the old learderboard will be locked and will open a new one for the new version of this map. Remember, I will be able to tell if you didn't set it on hard difficulty! Enjoy. :)

Top Ten
1.0:17 -DeathChefv2.0a:ReplayQuote
2.0:18 -SeedinAethyrv2.0a:ReplayQuote
3.0:22 -A]munv2.0a:ReplayQuote
4.0:32 -chubemocbocv2.0:ReplayQuote
5.-

All versions
I would only suggest downloading older versions to view older replays!

This map is not protected. Please do not redistribute without my permission. :)

Keywords:
Conquering, Vendula, Conquering Vendula, Arena, Combat, Mini-Game, Mini, Game, MiniGame, Skill, Strategy, Survival, Offensive, Ashenvale, Forest, Deat
Contents

Conquering Vendula v2.0a (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2013/Jan/26 22:21:10 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: Contest entry. [tr]Approved [tr]Not Rated Rules

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2013/Jan/26 22:21:10
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment:
Contest entry.
Approved
[tr]​
Not Rated
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

its too hard
Then read the info log (where usualy you would read the quests) in-game.
Set it to easy difficulty if you are having trouble. ^^
Don't worry hard is actually meant to be the hardest difficulty. Although I did eventually even beat it myself(yes it may seem impossible but that is why I set up a leaderboard :)).

It is meant to be a game which you are disposed to go back and baack to again until you are good enough.

Level 16
I'd reccomend working on a "difficulty curve". I couldnt beat the first unit. I didn't know how to beat him to be honest. The first unit should be relatively simple so the player can learn the gameplay without the penalty of dying. The difficulty increases, and ultimately it is still a hard game.

Ah yeh I should off really thought this through more.
Seemed balanced to me, I actually spent a long time balancing it.
Although I guess that I should off tried to get some testers as well.
Also this is boss Mini-Game. Only one unit. the main one.
Would like it if people read the Game Story. :\

My actual aim for this "Mini-Game" was so that people can improve on there gaming combat skills and try to figure how to win the game with theorising and experience through replaying it.
Although you would also most definitely need to use hot-keys.

Level 7
I suggest you to fix the amount of grammar mistakes in your posts.
Here's something to help you. (Just copy and paste will do)

you started off in a forest, being bashed into a wooden fence, being knocked unconscious. You then remembered how it happened with a vivid silhouette of the attack, haunting you.
You realized there are some text behind, you read it.
In an arena, realizing that you were in a kill or death situation, you slayed your enemy. Nightmare was over(That's what you think).
However, you end up being knocked back into the same hunger games.
Although the text behind you seemed updated as though you were meant to come back! Now you have to prove yourself worthy to be ALIVE again.

here's the words you misspelled
knocked
unconscious
were
meant
though
it's important to learn English well!
I like the concept of the game that's why I decided to help you, it's definitely not criticizing you.
Sorry if you feel offended.

Level 18
I suggest you to fix the amount of grammar mistakes in your posts.
Here's something to help you. (Just copy and paste will do)

you started off in a forest, being bashed into a wooden fence, being knocked unconscious. You then remembered how it happened with a vivid silhouette of the attack, haunting you.
You realized there are some text behind, you read it.
In an arena, realizing that you were in a kill or death situation, you slayed your enemy. Nightmare was over(That's what you think).
However, you end up being knocked back into the same hunger games.
Although the text behind you seemed updated as though you were meant to come back! Now you have to prove yourself worthy to be ALIVE again.

here's the words you misspelled
knocked
unconscious
were
meant
though
it's important to learn English well!
I like the concept of the game that's why I decided to help you, it's definitely not criticizing you.
Sorry if you feel offended.

You forgot position and something.

^ Keep on working at it.
You'll get there!
Also May I ask why only 4/5?

I suggest y-....
Thank you I guess.
I was being a little reckless with the grammar. Sorry about that....
I'll be sure to fix anymore that I will find. I'll try and check thoroughly through the map with spell checks and seek to see little things in the texts that I can change.
I'll also see what I can do about a beginners difficulty.

Last edited:
Level 2
4/5 you can make improvements like ethereal form (lasts for 1-2 secs )
and fix grammar mistakes like daemoness. I bet hard difficulty. i played a lot like 30 times i hardly ever used blink except hard mode. good mapmakings. do you add me on hall of fame

Attachments

• xxxxx.jpg
    xxxxx.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:
Update: v2.0a

• Grammatical errors fixes
  • Minor pathing issues fixed
  • Minor terrain polishing
  • Thew useless model deletions
  • Text shows when you beat hard difficulty

Edit:
4/5 you can make impro-....
Reagrding your suggestion. I was trying to go by a simple and easy to learn game kind of system, while making it have the potential to be able to express with suck a small number of abilities to be used. I don't think that adding another spell would suit what I was trying to achieve in this creation.

Oh yes and please be sure to send in your replay as evidence if you are going to try and get into the leaderboard. It is the best way for me to tell if you actually did what you said you did regardless of a screenshot, those can be faked rather easily. Although I wouldn't mind getting one from you.
All of the requirements for the leaderboard are above it in the description. This is just a reminder. Be sure to remember. :)

Last edited:
Please read this quote.

Oh yes and please be sure to send in your replay as evidence if you are going to try and get into the leaderboard. It is the best way for me to tell if you actually did what you said you did regardless of a screenshot, those can be faked rather easily. Although I wouldn't mind getting one from you.
All of the requirements for the leaderboard are above it in the description. This is just a reminder. Be sure to remember. :)
----

Just to note. This map was originally made for '[Event Contest]: Solo Mini-Mapping Contest #7 ~ Reeeewind' here at the Hive Workshop. This quote was from the poll for this contest.

Yeh I am regretting not putting in a beginners mode for my entry.
Oh well at least I have more than I need to go on with a new update for my map.
Not going to be a simple balance mode (as I am going to do more than just that) so I wasn't going to be able to finish it by the time this poll was up. Thanks for the feed back, even on my map comment page.

I've always wanted to play an intense combat in skill game so this is why I originally wanted my map to be this way. The way I've always wanted in a map. Nah in an actual game and this was the best way for me to represent what I want, through a map. A map something of my own creation.

This is why I wanted to submit my map to see my faults, although the difficulties where really more balanced for myself.
A major tip would be to 'use hotkeys'.

Level 4
I defeated it on:

Easy: After 2 Defeats
Normal: After 3 Defeats
Hard: After 1 Defeat

It isn't hard as I expected.
Still, the enemy scares the crap out of me.

Level 21
Funny little map. Took me a while to get in but then...

Attachments

• Conquering Vendula v 2.0.w3g
    4.5 KB · Views: 231

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Hey DeathChef, great map! It certainly wasn't like regular wc3, and I quite liked the style. You were right, it was very hard until you had played it a couple times. I had just beat it on hard, but when I had hit quit, it took me back to the maps section. How would you get a replay for this? I was forced to play again on hard and after a couple attempts managed to beat it. Since I can't find a way to get the replay to you, but I sent a screenshot of what I think is the victory on Hard.

Last edited:
Yeh terribly sorry about that.
Turn on auto save replays in the options on your Wc3. Then you will have no trouble keeping track of replays.
The next version of this map will be a-lot more user friendly thanks for all the replies everyone. :)

Also another thing. Before uploading an image to the internet be sure to convert it to a smaller image file size, I would suggest the most to upload your images as a '.jpg' format. '.tga' files can't be viewed on the web browser and are pretty large. Sorry but I really hate excepting images as enough proof. :\

Glad you enjoyed it. ;)

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Thanks for replying DeathChef. Yeah, I'm a noob at posting pictures and other stuff, so thanks for clearing that up. Also, thanks for showing me how to get the replay to you. Now, here's me beating this on hard, with a time of 22.
(I hope it's the right replay)
EDIT: Just beat Hard with 18. Woooo! First place!
EDIT2:Cmon, I want my name on the leaderboard! I'm waiting. Also, it seems that if you watch the full into cinematic the enemy is invisible (transparency 100). I can still see where The Abomination is on the minimap, but you can't see her in the game screen. Maybe you forgot to turn her transparency back to 0?

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    2.5 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Wow yeh I didn't really believe the two top scores at first. Didn't know that it was quite possible to do it so easily that way. The way you to timed it seems amazing. By this my time to beat this map last time was alot higher, might try beating the abomination again and add my score up!

About the bug with the transparency(which doesn't only occur when viewing the full cinematic and not all the time) sometime the timer doesn't start as well and I don't know why these two bugs are happening and they only happen at the rare random occasion I can't seem to find any flaws with these problems in my code and hopefully will get to the bottom eventually like everything else for this map.

Truly sorry for the delay adding the scores now. Had some software issues and never got back around to checking this map. All the more data to help me with another update. Although I will be updating Corrupted Lords of Ashenvale before I do another here. CLoA will be my base project until possibly after.

With A]muns replay it seems that your finish time is 23 seconds and the timer gets cut off exactly when you finish. Don't know what is happening there. I will still add it as 22 seconds though. ;)

Edit: Competitors for the leaderboard are always welcome, even if you are not a winner it is always nice to see more replays. =)

Last edited:

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Hey DeathChef, thanks for replying and updating the leaderboard. Sorry for being impatient.
With A]muns replay it seems that your finish time is 23 seconds and the timer gets cut off exactly when you finish. Don't know what is happening there. I will still add it as 22 seconds though. ;)
=)
I actually got a problem similar to that. When trying to beat my time of 18 seconds, I got a time of 17, but the timer got cut off in the replay. I'm not saying this to get a better time up there (because you DO need more proof than this), I'm just confirming that keeping his time of 22 is the correct decision.

New idea.
I will be adding the replay and the quote that is containing it to the leaderboard. If you don't want yours attached just tell me or send it to be via PM.
I will also be saying which version of the map each replay will require and attach all the versions to this post and link them to the map description.

Edit: ^ I will test some time to see if this bug re occurs everytime. If so then I will decrease everyone's time by 1 seconds.

Attachments

• Conquering Vendula 2.0.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Haha dude I still haven't updated any difficulty. ^^

This map may be remastered on the game play leading also leading in two new difficulties as possibilities.
The update will still be a while a way. Although don't worry I will not forget this map.

You may also want to note that I didn't make this map for it to be a button smasher. More with timing and knowing how to use what skill when and how in harmony with your movement and other skills.

Behold my Vigorous skills!
Only 24 seconds though. This was about my fifth try today and ended up working.
I don't know, I might try to get a better score some time.

The game balancing, I can see where it can be improved.
I might even open a Map Development thread for this map considering that the next update will be a while away.

Strange thing about my replay is that the timer actually stopped at the right time at the end of the replay.

Attachments

• Conquering Vendula v2.0a DeathChef.w3g
    3.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 24 seconds DeathChef.jpg
    24 seconds DeathChef.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 120
Got back onto the map and played it again!
Seems that I remembered how I done the mechanics pretty well.
With my new gaming skills I could actually pull it off.
17 seconds.
Sorry SeedinAethy if your replay that you posted before was actual 17.

Btw this map will be unlikely to be updated (atleast anytime soon).

The replay itself should be ~17 kb although I left the map running for ages
(Wc3 seems to stack up the kb for replays even when paused)

Attachments

• 17 seconds DeathChef.png
    17 seconds DeathChef.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • Conquering Vendula v2.0a DeathChef.2.w3g
    269.4 KB · Views: 341
Just treat the trees as one of the obstacles that you have to overcome.
Just like in real life this would happen as well.

And yes I know everyone has their opinion and I created this map the way I enjoyed the most.
One of the things that I liked making about this is that it can be simple to win, but only if you figure out how.

If you think there is a better way around your problem that you could suggest that would be nice.

Anyway other peoples opinions are still welcome here so thanks anyway!

Edit:
Actually if one day I get back to this map to update it I have an idea that might work with your issue.
Your not the only one that has mentioned this anyway.

Last edited: