1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Conquering Vendula v2.0a

Submitted by SA Dashie
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
DeathChef presents!

Conquering Vendula v2.0a

Game Story

You started off in a forest, being bashed into a wooden fence, being knocked unconscious. You then remember how it happened with an image of who did it to you, scaring you. You realize some text behind you, reading it. It saying something about you being in an arena, realizing that you where in a kill of die situation. You slay your enemy. The day has past(as you though think). You end up being knocked back into the same position with the same memory taunting you. Although the text behind you seemed updated as although you where meant to come back! Now you have to prove again to be worthy to be alive again.

About the Game

This map was created to be made for you to experiment with how to beat your enemy. Lots of practice and theorizing may be needed if you want to be able to beat the hard difficulty. This map is well customized so don't expect the gameplay to be totally predictable and bland at first sight of playing.

[​IMG]

Details

Credits

• Music(Alice Trial): izna (note that if you want the full version look it up, this music piece has been cut a little short to cut back on the map file size.)
  • Enemy Model(butchergirl2): Pyramidhe@d
Terrain art models
  • Hellish Hybrid: AxeInGround
  • From The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0: BarrensTree0, BarrensTree1, Custom Rocks, plants
  • Uncle Fester: ManDrake
  • Draknyte1: Pile Of Wood
  • Mc !: PlantCrate
  • Cavman: SpiderCook
  • Buster: Waterfall FX
  • Born²Modificate:Farns, Fences, newbushes
  • Blizzard: highresbarrenstree, Azsharas

History

v2.0 to v2.0a
  • Grammatical errors fixes
  • Minor pathing issues fixed
  • Minor terrain polishing
  • Thew useless model deletions
  • Text shows when you beat hard difficulty
Contact

• Forum Home: hiveworkshop.com
  • Email: DeathChef@hotmail.com.au

Competitive Leaderboard Hard Difficulty

Also if you are into this map enough and want your name heard for being victorious on hard difficulty, contact me with your replay. As sending me a replay would be the only way to officially prove that you did what you did. Your score will be uploaded to the leaderboard if approved. The leaderboard will be apart of this maps description and will consist of a top 10. You may only have one score recorded(your top) that is submitted. If the map is updated with updates that may effect the gameplay the old learderboard will be locked and will open a new one for the new version of this map. Remember, I will be able to tell if you didn't set it on hard difficulty! Enjoy. :)

Top Ten
1. 0:17 - DeathChef v2.0a: Replay Quote
2. 0:18 - SeedinAethyr v2.0a: Replay Quote
3. 0:22 - A]mun v2.0a: Replay Quote
4. 0:32 - chubemocboc v2.0: Replay Quote
5. -

All versions
I would only suggest downloading older versions to view older replays!

This map is not protected. Please do not redistribute without my permission. :)

Keywords:
Conquering, Vendula, Conquering Vendula, Arena, Combat, Mini-Game, Mini, Game, MiniGame, Skill, Strategy, Survival, Offensive, Ashenvale, Forest, Deat
Contents

Conquering Vendula v2.0a (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael [img] Date: 2013/Jan/26 22:21:10 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [img] Comment: Contest entry. [tr]Approved [tr]Not Rated [img] Rules
  1. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yeh terribly sorry about that.
    Turn on auto save replays in the options on your Wc3. Then you will have no trouble keeping track of replays.
    The next version of this map will be a-lot more user friendly thanks for all the replies everyone. :)

Also another thing. Before uploading an image to the internet be sure to convert it to a smaller image file size, I would suggest the most to upload your images as a '.jpg' format. '.tga' files can't be viewed on the web browser and are pretty large. Sorry but I really hate excepting images as enough proof. :\

Glad you enjoyed it. ;)

2. SeedinAethyr

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for replying DeathChef. Yeah, I'm a noob at posting pictures and other stuff, so thanks for clearing that up. Also, thanks for showing me how to get the replay to you. Now, here's me beating this on hard, with a time of 22.
    (I hope it's the right replay)
    EDIT: Just beat Hard with 18. Woooo! First place!
    EDIT2:Cmon, I want my name on the leaderboard! I'm waiting. Also, it seems that if you watch the full into cinematic the enemy is invisible (transparency 100). I can still see where The Abomination is on the minimap, but you can't see her in the game screen. Maybe you forgot to turn her transparency back to 0?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  3. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Wow yeh I didn't really believe the two top scores at first. Didn't know that it was quite possible to do it so easily that way. The way you to timed it seems amazing. By this my time to beat this map last time was alot higher, might try beating the abomination again and add my score up!

About the bug with the transparency(which doesn't only occur when viewing the full cinematic and not all the time) sometime the timer doesn't start as well and I don't know why these two bugs are happening and they only happen at the rare random occasion I can't seem to find any flaws with these problems in my code and hopefully will get to the bottom eventually like everything else for this map.

Truly sorry for the delay adding the scores now. Had some software issues and never got back around to checking this map. All the more data to help me with another update. Although I will be updating Corrupted Lords of Ashenvale before I do another here. CLoA will be my base project until possibly after.

With A]muns replay it seems that your finish time is 23 seconds and the timer gets cut off exactly when you finish. Don't know what is happening there. I will still add it as 22 seconds though. ;)

Edit: Competitors for the leaderboard are always welcome, even if you are not a winner it is always nice to see more replays. =)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  4. SeedinAethyr

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey DeathChef, thanks for replying and updating the leaderboard. Sorry for being impatient.
    I actually got a problem similar to that. When trying to beat my time of 18 seconds, I got a time of 17, but the timer got cut off in the replay. I'm not saying this to get a better time up there (because you DO need more proof than this), I'm just confirming that keeping his time of 22 is the correct decision.

5. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    New idea.
    I will be adding the replay and the quote that is containing it to the leaderboard. If you don't want yours attached just tell me or send it to be via PM.
    I will also be saying which version of the map each replay will require and attach all the versions to this post and link them to the map description.

Edit: ^ I will test some time to see if this bug re occurs everytime. If so then I will decrease everyone's time by 1 seconds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. -SmaSHeR-

-SmaSHeR-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Still too hard

7. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Haha dude I still haven't updated any difficulty. ^^

This map may be remastered on the game play leading also leading in two new difficulties as possibilities.
    The update will still be a while a way. Although don't worry I will not forget this map.

You may also want to note that I didn't make this map for it to be a button smasher. More with timing and knowing how to use what skill when and how in harmony with your movement and other skills.

8. SeedinAethyr

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Come on DeathChef, let's see your time!
    (Or do you not participate in your own contests?)

9. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Behold my Vigorous skills!
    Only 24 seconds though. This was about my fifth try today and ended up working.
    I don't know, I might try to get a better score some time.

The game balancing, I can see where it can be improved.
    I might even open a Map Development thread for this map considering that the next update will be a while away.

Strange thing about my replay is that the timer actually stopped at the right time at the end of the replay.

Attached Files:

10. SeedinAethyr

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ahahaha! I have a time of seventeen!
    (I really hope this is the right replay.)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  11. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Can't really seem to get it working.
    Although your replay before this was working but is having the same problem.
    I will update once I confirm it is working. ^^

As always thanks for playing. Not sure if the time will be able to get any lower..
    Might have to add split seconds in the time taken next version.

12. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Got back onto the map and played it again!
    Seems that I remembered how I done the mechanics pretty well.
    With my new gaming skills I could actually pull it off.
    17 seconds.
    Sorry SeedinAethy if your replay that you posted before was actual 17.

Btw this map will be unlikely to be updated (atleast anytime soon).

The replay itself should be ~17 kb although I left the map running for ages
    (Wc3 seems to stack up the kb for replays even when paused)

Attached Files:

13. frettory

frettory

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The trees are being annoying. They keep blocking your sight!

14. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Just treat the trees as one of the obstacles that you have to overcome.
    Just like in real life this would happen as well.

And yes I know everyone has their opinion and I created this map the way I enjoyed the most.
    One of the things that I liked making about this is that it can be simple to win, but only if you figure out how.

If you think there is a better way around your problem that you could suggest that would be nice.

Anyway other peoples opinions are still welcome here so thanks anyway!

Edit:
    Actually if one day I get back to this map to update it I have an idea that might work with your issue.
    Your not the only one that has mentioned this anyway.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014