• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Mini-Contests ~ How would I be: My Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Okay I have collected every entry into this contest and every WIP, including those who never finished.
Have fun - And also if the image is missing its likely attached directly to the quoted post. Hope this makes it easier to see how many we actually had working in this contest. :thumbs_up:

Final Entries
yes I thinked of somthing like that
216177-albums5644-picture68273.png

oh and here is an other wip :
216177-albums5644-picture68272.jpg

if I don't find the time for updating it this will be my Final entry :
216177-albums5644-picture68274.jpg

I had decided I would take part, one way or the other. And others have been asking as well. So at last I can show you what I thought of doing and WIPS. :wink: This can be considered my final, unless anything newer is posted and that newer posted is accepted as within the deadline.

Some history about it:

This is the RED BARON anti-personal and anti armor weapon. Developed in the mind of a mad genius suffering from sleep deprivation and too much to do.
It consist of a scope for long distance targeting, a central target laser that will coordinate with the ammunition to pin-point and accurately attack targets. It loads a magazine of 4x4 airplanes in a cylinder and can keep two ready to fire without reloading.

The planes themselves are duplicate of the famous Red Baron's airplane with some modifications, as the triplane was deemed inefficient and the extra space could be used for storing more bombs.

When the weapon is fired, the plane will be pushed off the weapon and take of with its own power. It will then be laser guided by the targeting laser to the drop-point. There it will deploy tiny high explosive bombs that explode on impact able to penetrate even heavy armor given enough bombs. Tabbing the trigger twice fire both planes in rapid order and thus creates a miniaturized carpet bombing at the drop.

Images in order, from WIP to final:
131841-albums1057-picture68805.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68806.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68807.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68808.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68809.jpg

Final version:
131841-albums1364-picture68897.jpg

I could likely do a better job, but given the hour I had, I am perfectly satisfied. Family and master thesis doesn't leave much room.

For an added bonus I needed a break from writing, so a little fast painting:
131841-albums1364-picture68829.png

Shows the fired "projectile plane" over an idyllic landscape of sorts :smile:

Alright.
227648-albums6309-picture68300.jpg

227648-albums6309-picture68301.jpg

Backstory: During the fateful wars on Earth, a dark warrior arose, although he was not evil, he consorted with it in order to destroy it. When He had defeated all of that plane's demon's, he travelled to our lands, Azeroth. When the Legion attacked the World Tree, he slew a great number of demons, but his blade was taken by a ghoul, after he was batted across the field. As he slew the last of the demons and undead amongst him, he noticed his blade missing, and has searched for it since... Little did he know that a death knight had acquired the blade, and wouldn't relinquish it easily.

Mine :D:grin:
k35co4.jpg

vno1na.jpg

ae70xw.jpg

14tgcp.jpg

25u4c3l.jpg

2ryhksz.jpg

e7cr6g.jpg

2wdxbbd.jpg

a.k.a. Galaxy Destroyer, The Galaxy Destroy is an lightweight two handed axe that is capable of destroying Galaxies and creating/absorbing black holes it can also create an portable black hole at its endpoint also can create a shield that returns back/deflect the projectiles that hit the shield and can manipulate the gravity within the range of it desire.

Well, finaly i made it. Hope this not violents any contest rules.

INSTRUCTIONS OF USE:
This weapon is a ultimate quantum gun, which consist from next parts:
1. Quantum Field Modulators (claws near of barrel). On each of them is one special gadget, that can generate magnetic waves and via this control the area of a quantum field
2. Quantum Beam Generator (huge disk near of claws). This part generates chaotic beam of elementary particles (quants), with the help of barrel and modulators this beam can be focused.
3. Barrel - copper cup on the end of gun used for creating great magnetic field, drag the whole modulated beam and keep it, untill u put a trigger.
4. Rotating part, Quantum Field Generator - This part is used for acceleration and regularize quants, and make a quantum field.
5. Shell - under shell is a whole digital equipment, wormholl generator (for portals), controls and energy converter.
6. Battery - it is a ammo, stronly recommended do not touch. It is an atomic energy generator.
7. Control buttons - this part allows to choose, which way should weapon be used now. Also there is an barometer and voltmeter to prevent critical pressue and voltage

So, there is wips and a final entry with three objects.

How exactly it works?

1. Before put the trigger you should activate an of four modes: Portal Red, Portal Blue, Quantum Weapon, Gravity Field.
2. When u put a trigger, energy from battery comes under shell, and depends of a mode works in different ways.
Portals: just gives energy on a wormholl generator, enables for a second gravity modulator and throws a bundle of anti-matter in a aim. Blue and Red portal depends only by one thing - magnetism was plus or minus.
Quantum Weapon - gives energy up to energy converter, where whole energy becomes a free chaotic moving quants. Each second pressue inside of energy convertor grows. When it comes to a first-stage point, quants comes inside of quantum field generator, which start spin with great speed. At second-stage quantum beam generator activates and u can use right handle for control of modulators (claws on top). There in same place is a button, for activation of magnetic field and make a bundle of quants.
When weapon is used in gravity mode once u put a trigger whole energy comes to a quantum beam generator and magnetic field modulators (barrel and disk). Magnetic field drags any quants around, and beam regulates a power (throws em back). If u want throw picked item back - just release magnetic field (beam generator will throw item): if u want drag something too fast (warning - it can become a very heavy bullet) - just use it without beam generator. Also, if it used with small modulation field (close claw position) - it can cause break of a weapon.

What this weapon can do actually? Few intresting things:
1. Open two type of wormholls (portals), which allow u pass through. They can connect any locations in the universe
2. Can collect and release a bundle of quants of light. Actually this would look like a fireball.
3. Without magnetic effect function 2 will make a beam with size from dot (instant kill), till 1 foot and low damage.
4. This gun can be used as a gravity-gun if you will try use magnetic generator without generate a quantum field.

Final Entry:
124842d1367162654-concept-art-mini-contests-how-would-i-my-weapon-three-tauportalguns.jpg

On the image are three versions.
First (huge on top) is Black Mesa Prototype (prime cost 3000$)
Second is Apple Version (worth for 1600$ more)
and third is Chinese Copy (made from plastic, but still work. worth for 2000$ less) (Pictures attached to post)

Finally Done It!

A heavy sword with curvy edged blade that act as hooks for parrying weapon from enemy's attack and disarming them. Decapitating enemies is easier with hooks too. The blood grove is decorated with green enchanted inscriptions/ornaments.

Shadowraith - the Blade of Phantasm

Lore:
Forged by the enigmatic man Phantom, the blade itself is as mysterious as it's creator. Imbued with magic, the blade and rune glow in green that of inferno. When swinged in the dark, the sword dances like a green wraith, thus the name Shadowraith. The dance mesmerized those who dare stand against the wielder, suffering them with phantasm and illusion. Strucking them in the right moment may be killing them, or hooking their weapons away and disarming them. Playing around with them before landing the final blow to end the game. Killing them in the way of Phantom.

LORE: COMING SOON

Here is my final wip, i will most likely upload my final in this post.
You guys made awesome submissions, i love this contest!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

After a short consideration, i decided to keep the color, because it strengthens the steampunk feeling ^^ Also, this is made for Bakelite discs.

Edit: Here is my final:
attachment.php

attachment.php

An axe different from the other weapons. This axe itself was used by a legendary warrior who fought thousands of demons. He is successful on vanquishing the demons and the warrior stays just a myth but the axe itself was kept in a sacred place where no demon can reach it.

NOTE: The picture was named WiP but no it is my final entry... can't think of something to add so it is my final entry!

HdNpFSe.jpg

wip2 wololo

jk its my final no time

flavor text:

House Leo battle mages use their arcane energies to lift and wield massive steel fists. Normally these fists would weight hundreds of pounds, but the use of magic allows battle mages to lift these with little effort.
Adorned with a massive lion and engraved with holy text, the massive fists are known as "The Lion's Paws".

Unrelated to the contest:
more House Leo soldiers for those interested in seeing similar units
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../ghost765s-art-220820/index4.html#post2287299
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../ghost765s-art-220820/index3.html#post2281892
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../ghost765s-art-220820/index3.html#post2282722

History

An ancient king on his deathbed paid hir proper soul to the God of Underworld in exchange for
his servants forge a legendary weapon. Once killed by that weapon the health of the victim is drained to the killer and a thousand
reincarnations his victim will be born sick.

His value just not greater than to the fear of being killed by it.

Done a bit in a hurry, I had forgotten the contest.

204181-albums4594-picture68648.jpg

I hope so.. I really thought the deadline was the same with the mini-mapping contest.. poop (censor :p), I really have to do this fast...

222907-albums6239-picture68628.jpg

EDIT:
This is gonna stand as my final entry.. but maybe I'll add some shadows later.. :3

222907-albums6239-picture68629.jpg

WIP'S

Carrying a shield into combat against a ferocious beast in the wilderness, it was damaged by the beast's biting. Upon defeating the foe, it was repaired & the bite marks along the edges were tidied up & sharpened into blades. 3 spikes were added to the front of the shield to add extra damage & deterrent to enemies.

Front View:
View attachment 125098

Side View:
View attachment 125099

btw. not sure if I missed the competition. just saw that it was extended to 6th May so maybe I'm still in the running :ogre_haosis:

Hmm lets see what i can do for 2 days :p
Here's the first WIP :)
LwSDQf7.png

YAY ITSA CROSSBOW!!! (if it is so bad that you can't really tell what it is :D)
(And yes it is a dragon skull on the head of the bow...) :)
Umm, i got some questions,
First, does every weapon really need a story?
Second, is the quiver near the crossbow allowed (As it may be considered another object)
Third, may i make my own story? :D
Because really, there is nothing linking the crossbow with ice, it's color theme will be Golden/Dark magneta/Brown/Grey
No offense, your story is good, best_player_88, but i prefer making my own things you know...

I'm surprised no one tried to make a bow or a crossbow yet. They are so awzum :p
Call me crossbow addict

By the way, second WiP is here with a quiver done! =)
nMM3RLX.png

EDIT: No time :eek:
Another WiP, however idk if i would be able to finish it in time :(
6DqcMKZ.png

Feedback plz? :p

204181-albums4594-picture68373.png

Edit:
I had not seen the deadline, I think I'm out before starting.

i cancelled my previus entry, cause i agree with BD, it is too boring for such free-themed concept making an redesigned axe.

So, u'r welcome - Portal-Gravity-Tau Gun V.Alpha

It is an mix of a portal gun and gravity gun, which are not a same thing overall, but have some specific similarity.

Gravity gun needs power for work, same with tau gun, which power-generators are very strong. So, the mechanism of both these weapons are mixed, let we have the 3 in 1 thing.
Wips for today included.
WIPS:

124841d1367162654-concept-art-mini-contests-how-would-i-my-weapon-full-wips.jpg

To be continued.

Here is a Wip, im joining!
attachment.php
Wip Number2!

Idk, the speakers look somewhat flat. Could you give me any advice to give them the feeling that they are more hollowed?

attachment.php

For the ones wondering, this is a sonic cannon!

I will be joining if i have time to finish it. (Exam is around the corner.)

Shadowraith%20WIP.jpg

A heavy sword with curvy edged blade that act as hooks for parrying weapon from enemy's attack and disarming them. Decapitating enemies is easier with hooks too. The blood grove is decorated with green enchanted inscriptions/ornaments.

Wielding with both hands is advised unless you have arm strong enough to wield it single handly. Dual wield is not recommended.

LORE: COMING SOON

Shadowraith%20WIP2.jpg

Shadowraith%20WIP3.jpg

Drew something when I had the chance.. XD

It's supposed to be held like a katar but with a glove and claws. The blade on the side is for enemies approaching from the sides or the back. There's a right hand version but I haven't drawn it yet..

222907-albums6239-picture68275.jpg
Hey guys, how much time do we have left.. I just started my new work... XD

Here it is:

222907-albums6239-picture68627.jpg

I just decided to practice the pen tool for a while so I decided to make a new weapon :3

I'll participate to this contest :) here is my concept
216177-albums5644-picture68269.png

216177-albums5644-picture68270.jpg

216177-albums5644-picture68271.jpg

Okay, the first sketch of my imaginary weapon... It's supposed to be a combination of a shotgun and a scythe. At least it's original :)

attachment.php
I'm really tired, I was out all day, but here are some quick wips:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks nice, reminds me of Queelag's blade a bit.

EDIT: WiP~
212788-albums5632-picture68256.png

Hey guys haven't been active in the past months, but this is because of uni... (Finally got in BA Graphics For Games (3d modeling and animations sh!ts :D) ) So sign me in :)
WIP: Check Attachment

P.S.: Real Size 2000 x 2000 :) (This is a cut out i don't want to spoil you with the full concept before it is finished :D )

Here is my WiPs!

"A broken and old axe that people finds no use of because of its low quality. But some people still used it to defend themselves. Even a low quality axe, a warrior wielded and used this to kill more than 1000 demons. The warrior was successful in the end. Who could've believed that this axe can still kill more than 1000 demons? Now people believed this axe to be a different kind, a sacred axe!"

attachment.php

"I am trying to remove those black lines on the Axe to make it realistic. Does it need change how will I make this realistic?"

attachment.php

"I am trying now to make this smooth so it will look a little realistic, any ideas how?"

attachment.php

"I am now trying to make the Axe's handle to be realistic, any ideas on how to?"

attachment.php

""No questions for now"

My other WiPs are in here: Other WiPS

Wip 1:

svouuuuuuuooooooooooooooooord.jpg

The image will expire after 1 month.

Wip 2:

svouuuuuuuooooooooooooooooord.jpg

Wip 3:

Untitled-2.jpg

BD I don't see the problem with swords, axes, maces, daggers and such :\ Why does it always have to be something Ultra Unique like a new weapon type and such? The basic ones can be made really awesome too.

Wip 4:

Sword.jpg

Image expires after 1 month.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Dang, Ghost's concept art needs to be turned into a Warcraft model so hardcore. I could see a schweet Orcish super-Shaman (reminiscent of Beta) with anti-gravity wolf paws, or a Tauren Sagemaster with hovering Hooves of Death, or a Trollish Reptilian Ranger with floating Raptor Claws... Or yeah, a Human. :p

PeeKay, you realize that perspective is wrong in that last one, right?

As for judges: people should be chosen who have actual knowledge of what the definition of concept art is, and who have created some themselves.

Raiding the contest archive while looking at activity, these would be fitting (ordered statistically):
  • enjoy (judged Concept Art Contest #5, has done concepts herself)
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN (judged Concept Art Contest #4, is a professional artist for a living)
  • Nudl9 (participated in some Concept Art Contests successfully, shows what it needs to judge this category)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.