• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #8 - Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Amazing stuff Mr.Goblin! However I guess you intended to link to this image rather the one you linked, right? I say that because to find what Keiji wrote I had to go back to your profile page and look for for the other art :p

Really cool stuff nevertheless, the concept art was flawless and interesting, while the (really) short story did manage to give a greater meaning to it.

Last edited:
Level 19
Final Entry:

Sagittarius, the Archer

Six years after the closing of the Rift. Another Rift unknowingly emerged at the bottom
of the Pacific Ocean, south-west from Oahu, Hawaii.
One of the first Kaiju that appeared is Sagittarius, a Category IV Kaiju, with a height of 160 m
and weighs as much as 3600 tons. This makes him larger the Scunner.
The name came from its ability to project highly energized plasma,
which can shot down anything that moves within 2 km. It collects the energy through its two pair of
wing-like protrusions.
This makes it one of the most dangerous Kaiju that Pan Pacific Defense Corps ever encountered.
241119-albums8823-picture108918.jpg

I'm sorry for using a low quality camera, I can't find anything good.

Level 28
Final entry

@apcrabnightlive: Nice one! I really dig the idea of a shark-headed brute monstruosity thing. And the concept was interesting too, seems really fitting a sea monster that rises from rifts deep in the Pacific Ocean.

So guys I thought I wouldn't do it for this contest but I decided to hurry up and give this entry a try. It isn't polished as I would have liked it to be but well, so does our lives, right

Good luck everyone! :D

Final entry

Uvrzuthum

Art

Concept

WIP

attachment.php

FinalEntrySmall.png

Lore
"The word Uvrzuthum is derived from ancient rites made for these
creatures, in which long chants were sang in foreign tongues. These aren't
spoken anymore, as worshipping of Uvrzuthums is forbidden.

Seeing an Uvrzuthum is the sight of doom and despair. Made by
the Evil One himself, these foul creatures have such affinity with the
dark that they rarely leave their burrows - typically big and deep
cave complexes or the bottom of a profound lake where no light
can reach.

However, greedy adventurers delve deep into such places in search
for gold and treasures, unfortunately awakening the giant murmuring evil
that lies dormant within."
Lore
Concept

Despite being interpreted by the population of the time as
gigantic evil creatures with stone skin, they were actually not inten-
tionally evil - nor had stone skin. The Uvrzuthum were lone creatures
that resided isolated in caves or deep lakes, usually hibernating for years.

Their skin is clad in grey, rock-hard scales that protudes resembling
spikey rocks. Except for their mouth which is hidden beneath long but
soft stripes of scales and skin.

As they usually reside inside the aphotic area of caverns of lakes, they
aren't used to being disturbed. When it happens they usually chase the
disturbing creature with the intention of eating, as a result of long
hibernation. That usually ends up with the adventurer running to the
nearest town that is followed by great catastrophe.

Sorry for not posting WIPs previously in the thread, I didn't know I would actually participate in this contest :p
(as you can see, I rushed a lot and left a lot of things from the WIP untouched)

attachment.php

WIP.jpg

Last edited:
Level 49
Final Entry:
Name: Hifey
Description:
Long before human landed on Northern, Hifey the Frost Titan is one of the most dangerous beings in existence. Known as the brotherhood of Laufey, the lord of Jotunheim, spread the winter curse and icy vortex on both land and sky. The staff he uses contains one of the curse "Absolute Stone", freezing all the land and the earth into ice age. No one has know what background that made him hate any creature, bothering with him only make this land into empty space once more.

attachment.php

ooh disney's hercules titan

Level 19
I could only did this, I would need like a full month to finish the rest, cuz of detail I wanna add. I'll just put this here for the idea, not as a finished product tho, unfortunately.

I'll upload this to my Deviantart account once finished, I'd like to compete against you guys but, this contest's first month was during my finals so I couldn't do as I planned. Here's my progress :((

attachment.php

Attachments

• GiantAgainstHero4.jpg
    GiantAgainstHero4.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 586
That is quite the impediment you're facing NightStalker06698. Sadly, a month extension will not happen(delays are the last thing needed now).
You are however, encouraged to finish it another time and maybe post it in your art thread and DA account/whatnot art sites. Practice and experience never hurt anyone.

So far, we have 19 finished entries out of a total of 26 pieces shown here. Quite the shock, a good one.

The contest ends in 3 hours and 34 minutes.
I urge you all to make the best of it and finish or polish your entries while there's still available time.

Yes Sin', no extensions this time(I hate to disappoint but I wish to proceed with it as soon as I'm able to).
I've already compiled a poll(not posted yet) and made link corrections accordingly. Will correct more if other entries should spring forth as finished/updated.

With that out of the way, I wish you all the best of luck :)

Last edited:
Reactions: San
Level 34
I could only did this, I would need like a full month to finish the rest, cuz of detail I wanna add. I'll just put this here for the idea, not as a finished product tho, unfortunately.

I'll upload this to my Deviantart account once finished, I'd like to compete against you guys but, this contest's first month was during my finals so I couldn't do as I planned. Here's my progress :((

attachment.php

O-O! Whoa! that chest and lower jaw, i can see what you talk about *o*, hope you can finisht this one of these days man!

Level 19
That is quite the impediment you're facing NightStalker06698. Sadly, a month extension will not happen(delays are the last thing needed now).
You are however, encouraged to finish it another time and maybe post it in your art thread and DA account/whatnot art sites. Practice and experience never hurt anyone.

I will!! Hope you guys will like it :D It'll be available for your eyes to view it both on THW and DA.

O-O! Whoa! that chest and lower jaw, i can see what you talk about *o*, hope you can finisht this one of these days man!

Thanks bro ^^ I'll be working on this for this month, hopefully I'll manage to finish it. At least this contest made me start to draw something epic :D

attachment.php

maxresdefault.jpg
I'm not sure... I really don't want to be the guy who seems rude. But, are you using textures from the internet? :O

If not = WOW dude, keep it up! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not sure... I really don't want to be the guy who seems rude. But, are you using textures from the internet? :O

If not = WOW dude, keep it up! :D

I use pics to refer to original muscle anatomy cuz I don't know how exactly muscles take shape, but I did it with some aching hours. Ill do it to the pink arm as well.

People need to refer to something from the real life images tho. I can see some from entries on here. It's not something bad. Not copy-pasting, but taking references from them.

I use pics to refer to original muscle anatomy cuz I don't know how exactly muscles take shape, but I did it with some aching hours. Ill do it to the pink arm as well.

People need to refer to something from the real life images tho. I can see some from entries on here. It's not something bad. Not copy-pasting, but taking references from them.

Then kudos to you! Ya of course, I perfectly understand! :D

can't wait to see the finish product!

Level 19
Will notify you when done. If you ask me, if I could I'd just draw everything from my mind, but then I'll get loads of inconsistencies, anatomical problems. Still, my giant has some anatomical issues as well :D I'll be better in time though. But I can never think of not taking any references in the future too.

Status
Not open for further replies.