1. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons

Discussion in '2D Art Tutorials' started by Flame_Phoenix, Aug 5, 2007.

1. BlackDoom

BlackDoom

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    It's been long since I've last got in touch with W3, mate. :)

2. Guderian

Guderian

Resources:
    Resources:
    I cant thank you enought. This guide was even more than i was needing. i thank you a lot for your work and if you ever come near Argentina there will be a case of beer and asado waiting for.
    Unless you are underage for the beer :)

3. momcilo94

momcilo94

Resources:
    Resources:
    First of all + rep for this
    Second of all IT TOOK'D ME A WEEK TO READ ALL OF THIS U PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
    Third the Tutorial is so nice, kewl, awesome :D i didn't know what is the limit of Tutorial and reply's i mean the word limit :D anyhow all of u that have posted and u guy that have created this are nuts how long did u write this cuz like i said it took'd me a WEEK to READ this omfg anyhow +reps for all that told a War and Peace book in there reply's :p

4. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the rep++.
    It took me between 2 and 3 months to create and post it here. And no, I am not crazy. I know this because every night when I go to sleep I sleep knowing I am a proud man for the people I helped and for the world I made better. Can you say the same or aren't you crazy enough ?

Time is counting.

5. UlithiumDragon

UlithiumDragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Amazing tutorial, but one thing I noticed and had to figure out myself:

The vanilla races use regular DISBTN icons for their autocast icons, i.e. the autocast DISBTN icons don't have the corner brackets that the regular autocast BTN's have! This causes unresearched autocast spells to not show the autocast corner brackets as well!

6. EdwardElric

EdwardElric

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want to make an addition, perhaps you could add it, Flame_Phoenix. It's about the section "Fix an Icon", "Fixing green icons", point 4 (import path). I was in need to use subfolders if possible, like:
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\element1\stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\element2\stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\element3\stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\element1\stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\element2\stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\element3\stand.tga

But subfolders do not work, at least not the way like shown above. What works is solely using subfolders for "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\..." like:
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\element1\stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\stand.tga

Wc3 searches in folder (without subfolders!) "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\" for respective button names given from folder (with subfolders!) "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\".

So this isn't solving my problem, as the different "stand.tga" files under path "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\" would replace each other.

To cut a long story short, using subfolders isn't working for buttons in need of disabled versions. In this case you have to use different names like:
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\element1_stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\element2_stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\element3_stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\element1_stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\element2_stand.tga
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\element3_stand.tga

Just wanted to clarify, as I couldn't find an answer to this question yet.

7. Twizz

Twizz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Disabled Passive not found... /Green/

:pmeh::pmeh::pmeh: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASNeverWorks.blp

xdxdxd

8. 3ICE

3ICE

Resources:
    Resources:
    Typofix Mk. II :)

Beautiful tutorial. I remember reviewing this years ago. I noticed you fixed all the typos I listed last time. Except these three somehow eluded your scrutiny:
    Explanation: "Irfan" is the dude's name (who made the program Irfan View (or iView)
    THW is just HIVE now. But HiveWorkshop still works. Or Hive Workshop (two words)
    Google is a newly registered verb (most dictionaries have added it in their latest edition). "goggle" is a very old word and means something else. Not searching, but staring / monocle / half of a pair of sunglasses or other eye-wear.
    Thank you.

p.s.: The [broke] bbcode tag you used at the top is, funnily enough, broken:
    +Rep'd you anyway. (Does it count as a +2 if I already +red'p some years ago? Because I did.)

9. TheFireMage

TheFireMage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Instead of using W3IR, can I use Button Manager v1.8.2 instead?
    Edit: I still can see the icon but not sure if it works when using on an item