• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Colossus - Living Garden2 copy.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
A crazy idea of mine.
I found myself thinking "Hey! What if i took the Tree of Life and replace the wood textures with bricks?"
This is the result, and i'm personally very satisfied with it.
This MIGHT also be the first in a possible-to-start-with-this-skin series, which (if i actually make it) will be called Project Colossus-

Any feedback is nice,
even though it is preferable if you also tell how to make any improvements you'd like done.
(For Example: If yout think it lacks shading, tell me where, not just that it lacks shading. -.-)

-Dragonson

Keywords:
tree, life, night elf, eternity, ages, brick, garden, living, golem, magical, hangning, green, root, wall, colossus, project, dragonson, rock,
Contents

Project Colossus - Living Garden (Texture)

Reviews
23:32, 29th Mar 2010 THE_END: Bad freehand, not much detail. More work is needed

M

23:32, 29th Mar 2010
THE_END: Bad freehand, not much detail. More work is needed

Level 3
works good :) look nice :D
this should be 4,5/5 :D
final rate 4/5

if you make for every night elf build a stone it would be 10/5 :D

Level 15
the trouble is that when it wraps around the body, the appearance of bricks is completely lost due to the warping of the wrap. the skin itself could do with some more garden-themed objects and details to help provide a bricked feel; garden gnomes and flowers. stuff like that.

Level 27
NO Gnomes. :p But more plants is a surething.
I'l also look into adding more shading to the bricks.

Thanks for the rating power :)

Also Tee, in my opinion the bricks look allright, even when wrapped. I guess there aint much to do about it...
Adding more flora now.

Level 13
Too lazy to right a response. just listen to these guys.

the trouble is that when it wraps around the body, the appearance of bricks is completely lost due to the warping of the wrap. the skin itself could do with some more garden-themed objects and details to help provide a bricked feel; garden gnomes and flowers. stuff like that.

so.. how about redoing all of those default leaves into palm leaves or flowers or whatever.. just that it ain't default leaves

Level 27
I haven't edited it yet. It's still the first upload. :/
I were on the road to various places to get tests yesterday, and when i finally came home i went to sleep ASAP.
I'l inform you when i've updated it, though you can possibly see it on the first post. :p

Edit: Allright... i'm currently doing some more "Jungle Style" leaves.
I'm making them alot darker, and in some cases alot bigger.
Opinions on that? (screenshot of prototype leaves will be posted later.)

Level 9
I haven't edited it yet. It's still the first upload. :/
I were on the road to various places to get tests yesterday, and when i finally came home i went to sleep ASAP.
I'l inform you when i've updated it, though you can possibly see it on the first post. :p

Edit: Allright... i'm currently doing some more "Jungle Style" leaves.
I'm making them alot darker, and in some cases alot bigger.
Opinions on that? (screenshot of prototype leaves will be posted later.)

It's a garden right ? make flowers !! :mwahaha:
ps the skin is kinda big maby lower quality ?

Level 7
Leaves need to sprout naturally from the cracks in the brick and give it that forgotten feel as well as give some vine flowers
I know the effect your going for is maby something like this
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6380098/2/istockphoto_6380098-wall-with-vines.jpg
But I think gives it a better effect though I under stand it would be harder maybe use a vine as a brush pallete? and decrease size/rotation/skew/lighting with each one? just a sujjestion good luck!
http://freethumbs.dreamstime.com/229/big/free_2296425.jpg