1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Colored Mask in certain area

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by urachi, Mar 4, 2020.

1. urachi

urachi

Resources:
    Resources:
    I need a colored mask for an area. It'll be the twisting nether so i need a purple mask.

The player owner of the triggering unit should get the purple mask and when the unit of the player gets out of the zone, remove the mask.

regards

2. urachi

urachi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Something where the Screen gets a purple surround ^^

3. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Apply a white mask with different color values.

4. urachi

urachi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks but i need an areal only trigger. When the triggering unit gets out of the zone, make normal again.
    I tried something out and i got the purple mask already, now i need an optimized implementation.

go through portal, boom, you are in twisting nether, boom, everything purple, you get out, everything normal
    I know it shouldn't be too hard but i simply can't right the right trigger

5. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Put regions around the entrance/exit so you know when the unit enters or leaves. Or put a big region in the area the nether should be applied and just periodically check if the unit is in there.

6. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Shouldn't it be based on where the camera is, rather than where the unit is? Or is the camera locked to that single unit?

7. urachi

urachi

Resources:
    Resources:
    I experimentent the day and found it out eventually ^^

Basically just did what the first reply did, put a colored mask to owner of triggering unit that enter area. Worked perfectly and looks nice!
    Worked with a green-ish (toxic mask) world and Dun Morogh (white snowy mask) world. I am really happy with the solution. Thank you all again

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Every few seconds check if the player's camera target position is inside the rect/region. If so then tint it. If not then remove tint. One can use branching data structures to keep the complexity manageable.

This has the advantage that if the player moves their camera out of that area of the map then the effect will turn off as expected, irrespective of where their units are placed.

9. urachi

urachi

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tried to be more simple buy basically having a one way ticket.
    You enter the nether, kill a void lord and get teleported back to hub, slowly fading back in and normal again.
    Happy to be able to work with colored masks now. Its so nice having an additional flair with the colored screen surround.