1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.1

Submitted by TriggerHappy
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Information

If you've ever wanted to transfer progress between multiplayer maps, you probably needed to type in a long code.

That is no longer needed with this system. This will allow you to read save data from your WC3 folder and sync it to all other players in the map.

The demo map features:
  1. Load without typing anything
  2. Save Hero
    • Level/XP
    • Items
    • Abilities
    • Hero Name

3. 5 Save Slots
* Everything is customizable and you can make the system save & load anything you want.

* This system is intended for GUI users.

Installation

To import the system, all you have to do is copy the trigger folders over to your map and save it.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits

Pipedream (optimal save system)
Previews
Contents

Codeless Save & Load v1.3.9 (Map)

Codeless Save & Load v3.0.1 (Map)

Reviews
Awaiting further review
  1. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you using the latest warcraft 3 patch and do you have JassHelper/vJass enabled? Check the attached picture (JassHelper) to see what I mean.

I attached two pictures (Deadreyo Save/Load) to show you how to add your own variables.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  2. Deadreyo

Deadreyo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Uncle Thanks for your reply. I am going to use the Autosave/load trigger you made in page 12. I have already messed around a little with what I save and load, however how can I remove the necessity of having a hero to save? As without a hero the save file name is Empty and so crashes on loading (Default, didn't use your autosave yet.)

3. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Use the autosave map, it doesn't require a Hero. And if you want, I can show you how to have up to 5 different save slots without needing a Hero either. Like you can type -save 1 and -load 1 or -save 5 and -load 5 to save/load to 1 of 5 slots.

4. Deadreyo

Deadreyo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1 slot is enough, thanks very much.

5. iuryharoon

iuryharoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good afternoon..
    When will the LUA release?

6. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Updated, 3.0.1.
    • Fixed multiple crashes.
    • Removed JASS specific code for saving and loading. This system is intended for GUI users.
    I also tested the system in Reforged and it seems to work. There is a bug that can sometimes occur when reading files but hopefully Blizzard will fix it by the time Reforged releases. If not, there are other solutions but they will break backwards compatibility.

Attached Files:

7. iuryharoon

iuryharoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    If it's not goodwill ... do it in LUA too.
    Thank you.

8. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey I am new to variables and map creation as a whole but I cannot seem to find the trigger that gives me a demon hunter instead of my hero in my map. It adds me demon hunter with chaos damage which I do not want. I have 4 preset characters for 4 different colors in my map and would like to save "those" preset heroes without adding your heroes at start. Thanks if you can reply :)

9. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There is a demo trigger that runs on map start which creates the demo heroes. In order to add new types of heroes that can be saved you need to edit the Save Init trigger.

10. Opex

Opex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks much for the reply I will try that!

11. hexhound

hexhound

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tried this in my GUI map and can't get it to work. I've got a tavern system where the sale of the unit sets it as SavePlayerHero[player # owner of sold unit]. Got the edit done on Aerial Shackles (2 levels + qwerty in "tooltip Level 2"). Got the hero choices, items and abilities for one hero added into save init, got the hero names for that hero entered in HeroNames. Got the Esc dialog showing up and looking good, just not functional. Any ideas?

I can get it to produce a savefile but i can't get it to acknowledge ingame that it exists.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  12. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Any temporary solution for this bug? Currently roughly 4 out of 5 games don't load anything properly and sometimes the game crashes when loading.

I've tried adding a wait as mentioned here FileIO v1.1.0 fixed, but that didn't help either.

13. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There's a solution but it breaks backwards compatibility. I suppose you can try to loop until the code loads properly.

The bug should be fixed in the next update for Warcraft III.

14. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It's fine if the solution isn't backwards compatible as I reset the codes between major versions.

The loop could be a solution for failing to gather the save data, but what about the crash? Are you aware of what's causing it?

15. ranjoo1883

ranjoo1883

Resources:
    Resources:
    When trying to save with this I'm unable to get custom heroes to save. I place them in the save init but -save wont produce a code, however when I save a blood mage and overwrite the blood mage's position in the trigger with the custom hero I am able to -load it. Is this due to the aforementioned bugs? If so, would anyone be able to shed some light on what the solution would be to get this working again?

16. Jan12345

Jan12345

Resources:
    Resources:
    does it work in multiplayer? i mean like 2 people played in different maps and want load

17. Jan12345

Jan12345

Resources:
    Resources:
    i cant save custom hero, why? do i need to change something?

18. Jan12345

Jan12345

Resources:
    Resources:
    the variable seem to be disabled, but to change that need to klick on all, and there are a lot

19. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The data is saved to the local machine. It works fine in multiplayer.

20. Jan12345

Jan12345

Resources:
    Resources:
    does it work at refroged? coudnt use it, get a error if i load