• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cmon guys! I love hive, but we're not neccesarily catching up with Mapster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
The thing is, SC2 should be at least 50% of THW. Even at that, it is not certain if people will prefer a forum devoted to SC2 only like mapster or this one. I think the reason why some changed the forums like some went to WC3C for war3, oithers to mapster/udmod is they are more knowledgeable mapmakers in numbers and less newbies asking too simple things or less spamming their PM box boxes with requests.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Until now the plan has been to rewrite the whole site from scratch simply because technically, vBulletin is a steaming pile of crap but I guess from a user perspective, it's not so bad. The plan was to first get a forum system built and made it stable. Then add the resource sections for WC3 and finally for SC2.

I see now that the amount of time this will take will exceed the patience of the community manyfold.

Therefore I think I will build on our current platform a little longer and keep THW2.0 on a lower priority.

I have learned a lot by making our current resource sections so I think I can do much better for SC2.

I will make a new thread to brainstorm a different kind of resource system for SC2.

And you have been asking for a Wiki for so long.. Perhaps we should use something that works out of the box? MediaWiki (like wikipedia)?

Level 11
Therefore I think I will build on our current platform a little longer and keep THW2.0 on a lower priority.

This is very good news indeed!

And you have been asking for a Wiki for so long.. Perhaps we should use something that works out of the box? MediaWiki (like wikipedia)?

I personally think a Wiki is a waste of your time. Even the minimal amount of time needed to configure something already made could be better spent on building up the current platform.

This is very good news indeed!

I personally think a Wiki is a waste of your time. Even the minimal amount of time needed to configure something already made could be better spent on building up the current platform.

I think that the wikipedia should be done AFTER the site is finished, also I'm sorry about the post above, I hope you can forgive me, for I am impulsive and rash when I defend something I like

Level 22
I also think it's better off to be here on the forum, just grouped accordingly, it's not that hard to find sticky threads containing tutorials and such for the various sections - models, textures, is it? A wiki would be indeed wasted time. It could be some cool looking page of the forum like in flash version depicting things etc.

Level 2
Mapster is a great asset to the Hive.
'Nuff said.

Anyways back to the real world,
I'd rather (don't take this as a hate-post) join Mapster for Sc2 and stay on the Hive for Warcraft 3.
If we divide a forum into more than it was originally planned, it will need more moderators, more money and in the end it will just end up with being a Forum that costs alot that no one actually use.

Though I full heartely agree that the SC2 part of Hive could be bigger, not just a "link" up in the top.
Why not make an intro-page when you enter in "www.hiveworkshop.com" where the right side is Sc2 and the left side is WC3 with some fancy artwork and names.
Just an idea and this is just my opinion. Feel free to disagree or agree.
(PS: Disagreeing will cost you a 1$ each second word.)

Status
Not open for further replies.