• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{Closed} Why not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh! My Retard-o-meter has detected a retarded question in the "Why not... thread" sector.

Why not just stop asking retarted questions? If you want to see what World of Warcraft looks like in Warcraft 3 then play Wc3:WoW. If you don't and don't care about the large monthly fee then go play World of Warcraft. It's not like we're going to kidnap you and make you play this.

Last edited:
Level 7
Uh oh! My Retard-o-meter has detected a retarded question in the "Why not... thread" sector.

Why not just stop asking retarted questions? If you want to see what World of Warcraft looks like in Warcraft 3 then play Wc3:WoW. If you don't and don't care about the large monthly fee then go play World of Warcraft. It's not like we're going to kidnap you and make you play this.

I already understand my standing, I'm curious about your's. Why spend months of your life turning a game into a game that's already made, when you can just play the other? The 'large' monthly fee is not that bad. You pay almost as much to spend two hours watching a movie at the theaters. Is it really worth endless hours of work for the few cheapskates that actually would actually end up playing the whole thing through?

And, let's say they finish this game one month from now. Considering that SCII is bound to release this year, that gives this game, that you have toiled so much over, a lifespan of about 3 months or so.

I merely am quizzical at one's desire to do something so, in my opinion, pointless, especially given the fact that so much talent and effort is being put into this game.

Level 9
I for one think it's a good question, because people have totaly diferent opinions to this project, I for example like the idea of World of Warcraft, but think Blizzard made to many mistakes, and it would be funny to see some modders take the very same enigne to it's limits..
Anywho, recreating another game in a mod is done hundreds of times before, and many done very well. So why not use a game with a great game-play, but with many misses(after my opinion) and recreate as a mod, AND of cause without the evil monthly payment ;)

Level 4
I gotta be honest, I don't think he was trying to be retarded. I think all he was trying to say was people play wow, why make it playable for wacraft three? I think the answer was simple, for fun and experiance, and to give us something new.

I mean, think about a huge massive game like wow, on warfract three? It won't be nearly as great I'm sure, kinda like taking a game and making it into a book or movie,but the point is, it's a decent idea, with a lot of power behind it.

I don't think the question was retarded, just missworded. I'm sure all he meant was why take all the time making a game this huge, when really, the answer is, why not?

Level 25
I get that question all the time. Why are we doing this? It's mainly because it's fun to create and the great amount of positive attention it receives makes it all worth while too. Simple as that. If you would rather play World of WarCraft and pay $15.00 a month to play it, that's fine. Go ahead. Wc3:WoW will never be even 75% as great as World of WarCraft mainly for simple reasons such as we're using a six or seven year old game engine that's severely out-dated and cannot support many of the elements we wish we could add into the mod.

Making Wc3:WoW is fun and we have nothing else better to do apparently, so here we are. :smile:

Level 15
I was thinking of this just the other week. Why are so many people trying to recreate a game into... another game? I mean, whats the point? I am not saying i don't like playing them, because i really do, but as mentioned just go play the other game...

But then i thought again, why skip the fun? I know it's so damn fun to create a map/project, and when you actually have a goal you want to reach it's even better!

And you say "It will die after like 3 months..." Well. Look at a picture. Like Mona Lisa. It was made very long ago, but people still looks at it and enjoys "THATS SO FREAKING AWESOME DUDE". THATS the reason why it won't die, because WC3: WoW is a great project and great projects just don't die.

Also, think of that guy who made Mona Lisa, Leonardo Da Vinchi. I am sure he wouldn't care how much a dude stood and look at his painting, i am sure Leonardo would enjoy standing and looking at it, and thinking "I made this freaking thingy. I am so damn proud"

:grin:

Level 8
Wc3: WoW why?

I´m working on an own Wc3-WoW for the Battle.net.
I do it because:
-I love WoW
-WoW costs [ :( ]
-I can control the balance
-I´m better than every Gamemaster of Blizzard in WoW
(They don´t answer, help, or do anything)
-I saw lots of WoW Maps and i just say: "Holy Shit!"
That mean: WoW Maps of Noobs are: 1. Shit 2. Lame 3. More Shit
-It´s funny to do an own WoW (but real)
-You can add what you think is cool or useful
-Real WoW sucks, cause of Deathknight, lvl 70/80 and all this...
I played WoW from begin, and today i cry about the shit wich came with the addons.:sad:
@Revolve your last part is damn right! You are proud about your!!! creation! That´s one of the best feelings after some more important ^^
Nurga

PS.:Is your Wc3 WoW 1-Player or Battle.net? If it´s need help from a WoW Pro?
(I am so proud about myself oh my god o_O)

Level 2
WC3:WOW is going to be Campaign, and to connect users they will be using Warrok? Or something? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Level 18
you know, i usto play WOW for like 4 years, along with WC3.... and then WOW got REALLY REALLY REALLY BORING !

this WOW seems new and interesting. Although similiar, i finnally want to play a WOW that doesn't have retarded lag, stupid newbs, and hackers and just play this game...by myself...for hours on end...

Why ? because lol WC3:WOW is probably better than WOW itself ( we will find out soon enough )

Level 25
What mainly makes people interested in WC3:WoW is that it's free, smaller file size than even the trial version of WoW, and best of all it's a mod for WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne! The idea of a project at this scale really grabs the interest of people. Even if they want to play it just once, they at least want to try the mod to experience what it's like; how much is it really like WoW and is it fun?

Better than WoW? I doubt it. But if you're a modder and really love new types of mods that push the limits of the engine, Wc3:WoW is the WarCraft III mod for you.

Level 18
knowing some actions that blizzard has taken in the past, they just might try and shut this project down lol, cause they are Ass holes sometimes ( especially about using WOW models in WC3 mods..i mean wtf man )

but ya hopefully blizzard isn't readin this right now ...lolzzz

Level 6
I play both world of warcraft AND WAR3:WoW. I don't need to play WAR3:WoW, because I play WoW, but I do, simply because it is FUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.