• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Class Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Below is a screenshot of the current models being used for the classes in v1.18 :)

Class_Models.jpg

What do you guys think? Are they suitable? :)

Level 2
They are very suitable :D
I only think that the witch doctor misses some, erm well, expression?
Don't know how to explain it, but the model looks somehow uninteresting ... maybe it's the mask?

And I just though that it would be nice to have the barbarian dual wielding. He is bound to using dual wield items ingame, but the model wears a two hands axe. Strange, isn't it? :p

Level 14
They are very suitable :D
I only think that the witch doctor misses some, erm well, expression?
Don't know how to explain it, but the model looks somehow uninteresting ... maybe it's the mask?

And I just though that it would be nice to have the barbarian dual wielding. He is bound to using dual wield items ingame, but the model wears a two hands axe. Strange, isn't it? :p

I'd say that the Witch doctor could use some more epixness.

Creating a duel-wielding barbarian would suck up loads of filesize becouse you'd need new animations for the model.

Level 13
Think barbarian and Witch Doctor looks good. But the wizard? She doesent look like the diablo III wizard if you ask me.

Btw nice text you use there ;D Dint even know that was possible :D

Last edited:
Level 7
Think barbarian and wizard looks good. But the wizard? She doesent look like the diablo III wizard if you ask me.

Agreed. The barbarian looks much better now, the witchdoctor is awesome, the old model was crap.

But the sorceress looks more like an Amazon or a femal warrior because of the all in all silver armory. The old one was better.
I think the perfect idea is the model of the new one with a skin like the old one, because the new skin doesn't fit and the old model was crap because it was "flying". So i would use the model that we can see above with the old skin.

Level 17
Hmm.. just a question...
Did anyone notice the huge text over the barbarians leg and the wizard?
Just wondering if anyone can see any difference on it from before ;)
And damn, did it actually take this long to reveal the new models? xD
You added them like weeks ago xP

Level 8
You better remove that custom font, cuz it crashes every non english version of wc3.

Level 13
Actually, i think you should just let it stay ^^ I think it looks awesome, and seriously. Just go buy an english game -_- I dont want to sound too rude, but english PWNs all other langueges. YES also my own!

Level 8
So people should go buy a whole game just because of that 1 font ? Nice one... i see you're really thinking deeply into it to solve it...

Level 17
So people should go buy a whole game just because of that 1 font ? Nice one... i see you're really thinking deeply into it to solve it...

You better remove that custom font, cuz it crashes every non english version of wc3.

Thats incorrect, i have a few friends that uses non-english versions, and it wont crash, becouse the text is custom aswell, and the game doesnt auto translate it, so it will work correctly inside our map.

And if there will be translated versions of the map later, we will not use the custom font inside it becouse that doesnt work, but the original version can use that font without any problems.

Level 30
yea :p I was testing the map the other day, and someone said that some of the tooltips were'nt showing which got me a little confused xD Later I realised he wasnt using an eglish copy of warcraft, and like you guys have said, it doesnt support non-english characters :p

However! Once 1.18 is released, ide be more than happy to allow people to convert it into another language :D I've already had someone from China contact me about it xD

PS, what exactly was the name of the font you utilized there, Cloud?

I believe its called AvQest :D

Level 30
Needs permision, plus they don't have the same unwrap.

The wizard we're using is just a skin for the Night Elf sentry model :p Its a blizzard made model so no permission is required :)

I'm not a completly noob in texturing, it's clear for me that they don't have the same unwrap. I mean they should make a skins that is nearly the same like the old sorceress skin and not to use the same.

And yea :) Ide have to make a new skin from scratch ^^

Level 38
:eek:

Well, I can sort of understand the Hive Workshop credits reference to imported resources for my acolyte creep skin, but you should really mention the names of everyone you are using imported material from, even it is just the names without the corresponding resources. If you plan on using my skins for the map put my name in the credits.

As far as the idea of using the old sorceress skin on the watcher model, there is no similarities on how those skins are warped. 0% of one skin could be moved from one model to the next, or at least the unwrap layout and how the models wrap the skins are so different that it would take the same time to start form scratch as it would to tweak and skew all of the bits of the sorceress skin into the watcher skin :/

The sorceress skin shown above probably looks metallic because I based her off of the WoW box-cover art Arthas, and was going for a sort of "Death Knight" look before I installed and played a death-knight in WoW :D

BTW, their are going to be male and female heroes in Diablo III, are you planning on implementing this in the map as well? Considering it takes around 6 players to go through the game and their are only 3 current hero models, it could offer a little more variety :D Besides, with the amount of people interested in this map it probably wouldn't be to hard to find someone willing to create the skins/models needed to pull this off.

Level 17
:eek:

Well, I can sort of understand the Hive Workshop credits reference to imported resources for my acolyte creep skin, but you should really mention the names of everyone you are using imported material from, even it is just the names without the corresponding resources. If you plan on using my skins for the map put my name in the credits.

As far as the idea of using the old sorceress skin on the watcher model, there is no similarities on how those skins are warped. 0% of one skin could be moved from one model to the next, or at least the unwrap layout and how the models wrap the skins are so different that it would take the same time to start form scratch as it would to tweak and skew all of the bits of the sorceress skin into the watcher skin :/

The sorceress skin shown above probably looks metallic because I based her off of the WoW box-cover art Arthas, and was going for a sort of "Death Knight" look before I installed and played a death-knight in WoW :D

BTW, their are going to be male and female heroes in Diablo III, are you planning on implementing this in the map as well? Considering it takes around 6 players to go through the game and their are only 3 current hero models, it could offer a little more variety :D Besides, with the amount of people interested in this map it probably wouldn't be to hard to find someone willing to create the skins/models needed to pull this off.

Hmm.. Check this out please: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/diablo-iii-wizard-136631/
Heh, we already changed wizard, no need to talk about the old one now.
(CloudWolf is updating it right now if i didnt get it wrong, we are talking on MSN right now)
And we are not planing to add both genders to the map.
This is due to the size it will take and how useless it actually is, even if it would be nice, it would just take up some space.
And if we add it and then remove it later, people would hate us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.