• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Class change guid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys i think we all need advices about every class change quest cause they are realy challenging so lets share our experience or advices here :).Btw tief quest is realy easy :)

Atm i am try to finish mage class change quest but the spirit of magic is owning me someone knows if the 5 glowing spots around him are important?

Level 1
I'm interested in your Guide as well as Squire ones, can anyone share please? I mean just simple hints of where the npc and what to do etc will be utmost appreciated

Level 3
well you can get support from someone near the gate like priest or mage or ranger :) someone that have range and can help you kill the orcs

Level 1
Took me a few tries on the Mage quest but it was very easy once I noticed that the color of the boss corresponded to his element. So just pay attention to his color and run to the matching rune, you have plenty of time to get to any other rune even if it is magic to fire or lightning. The only mode you have to be careful with is Shadow which looks very similar to Arcane/Magic just he is a bit transparent and darker.

Also do not use fireball when he is in fire mode, arcane missiles when in magic mode, ect because it will have a high chance to resist. I suggest you bring at least two mana and health pots and maybe respec for health/int just in case you are a little to slow. As Zwiebelchen says in a later post it will despawn if you go outside of it's cast range of 500.

If wondering what necromancer is like it is ok, the stat boost was not bad and the Orc Skull item that I got off Gnoll Magi has pretty good stats but the 5k gold spell which is to summon skeletons seems kind of under powered for it's cost and level. At level 32 with 70 Spell Power (do not know what they scale with) mine only had about 16 damage, 150hp, and 11 armor with a very slow attack speed and no abilities. Maybe they are balanced with fire shield and Orc Skull, added Attack Speed on activation, in mind but they are in no way tanks or more than very minor added damage.

While speaking of necromancer seems once you equip the Orc Skull it cannot be dropped or activated, left clicking has no effect and right clicking just causes a ding sound but unable to move it. (Bugfix pending)

Last edited:
Level 3
How do you Cleric class change 101, without the use of burst of light (if you don't have it yet.)

First of all, you can do this class change with a few timed strategy and 105 mana cap! 105 is low for a cleric, but even you can do it. But if you do decide to grab 1 or 2 mana potion, this would be a cake walk. The other thing you have to make sure is that you whore all your stats into int and constitution. I honestly can't imagine why at this point, a cleric would need more than the basic minimum mana cap + mana cap from items. You should be taking advantage of potions anyways.

The strategy is as follow. Bring 1 mana potion into the trial and make sure you're at full health/mana. Upon entering. DoT up the first target and sleep yourself as soon as you can. Yes, you won't be engaged into combat until you hit 100% aggro on that mob. When your mana regens back to full, immediately kite the first DoT'd mob to the southwest corner of the zone where the walls are breached. There is a soldier there in need of healing. Once you healed him, a second zombie will be aggro'ed onto you. At this time your DoT spell should be cool down. DoT up the first zombie again and finish him off. You can cast another nuke to down his hp faster or just finish him with your regular hits. After he is down. Start circling the entire zone and healing all the soldiers once. Then go back up in the northern area of the zone and Dot the farthest zombie away. Don't forget to keep your health at full for the duration of the trial! The zombies don't do much in a single hit. maybe 20-30 dmg at time. That's where your constitution helps to tank it all. You should be clearing the first two zombies in the northern area with your DoT and regular hits, then making your way back towards the breached area. Making sure you give all the soldiers who are still engaged with a zombie a second round of heal. It's important you keep your DoT spell used every time it's cool down. It's also important that you're within a certain range while your DoT is doing its job because if you're not, the spell debuff will disappear.

If at any time you need to use your mana potion because you some how did not manage your mana well, then feel free to do so. That will give you more than enough extra mana to bubble yourself or a few soldiers and cast a couple of nukes. Eventually, you'll save every single soldier and killing every single zombie. Then you may proceed back to your guild master for a class change.

Now if you have burst of light prior to entering the trial. This is a cake walk. You can do this blind folded almost. Enter the trial. DoT up the first zombie. Go towards the breached area. Heal the soldier outside the wall. Then with a single burst of light. Destroy all the zombies in the middle area. You should be able to down 4-5 zombies. Freeing 3-4 soldiers to aid the rest. There should only be 4-5 zombies left around the zone. You simply just go around DoT'ing up the rest and healing the soldiers. Success!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Thanks for the report on the orc skull and the necromancer's balancing. I will fix that on sunday and maybe increase the number of skeletons/their damage.

Also, I love too see those guides here popping up one after one :)

Yeah, the cleric event can be very easy with burst of light, but good to know that it is also possible without the use of burst.

One note about the mage quest guide: There is no counter in this event. You can take as much time as you want - however, the boss will despawn once you leave his casting range (500). So make sure you stay on the platform all the time.

Let's see when the first Squire guide comes up. That was the quest that was giving me the most headache to balance it. All I can say is, that you should make wise use of the unlimited-use healing salve!
Oh, and in case you manage to get to the second boss of the squire quest: Watch how exactly his fire nova works and maybe you find out to trick to survive it ;)

Level 3
ok here is the mage guid :)) it is REALY easy.. the spirit is elemental... every time he use essence of magic he change his element (fire, water, lightning, magic, shadow) and his colour (yellow blue red light purple and dark purple).You have the same colour spots around him.The idea is to be on the same spot as the colour he is atm so you can be imune to his spells and dmg him with other element based spells.It may take a while but... it is easy :)

Level 3
well as for squire ... :) you just need someone outside to help you priest or mage and then it is realy easy :) lure the orcs near the gate and then with the help of your m8 kill them(easyer with priest)

Level 5
Another Cleric Guide:

I did not have burst of light at the time:

Note: make sure that you have an hp pot(an insta heal to save time.)

After you arrive by boat, Immediately go to the first soldier and shield him, while Dot'ing the first 2 zombies. then, as quick as you can, go to the guy who is fighting 2 zombies in the field. DPS them down, and shield the soldier. when the 2 zombies are killed, rush to the duo of soldiers, shield 1 of them and dot 1 zombie. quickly heal the last guy in the city and then make your way up to the beginning and heal+shield those guys. By now, you should have 3-4 Zombies on you, so keep shielding yourself and moving until all soldiers are free.

Special Note: your Crippling curse is a major threat increase, all the zombies you curse WILL follow you.
#2: Soldiers help eachother

Level 2
BeHo: Just posted my guide in that other thread.

Guide for Ranger quest: Re-stat all health and have a cleric Shield you and just run and pot when you get to 100hp. Simple~

Level 1
errrr fantastic.....I picked mage and now I have to pass that quest by moving around based on color. There is one problem with this :(. I am severely red-green colorblind. This is an issue that troubles many people (more males than females and yes it is a hereditary condition). Basically colors which are very similar in hue/shade are near impossible for us to differentiate. I am gonna have soooo much fun trying to get through this quest.

I should post this elsewhere but while on the topic. The save code uses green/red/blue characters. I would love if the colors were more distinct such as red/yellow/blue. I for one have to print screen (screenshot) the save code then open the image and wherever there are capital "I" and lowercase "l" which are red/green they appear the exact same to me. I have to use the color picker function of photo editor program and click on the letter in question to see where it lands on the color wheel to determine if it is "I" or "l".

love your map so far, good job development team.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
errrr fantastic.....I picked mage and now I have to pass that quest by moving around based on color. There is one problem with this :(. I am severely red-green colorblind. This is an issue that troubles many people (more males than females and yes it is a hereditary condition). Basically colors which are very similar in hue/shade are near impossible for us to differentiate. I am gonna have soooo much fun trying to get through this quest.

I should post this elsewhere but while on the topic. The save code uses green/red/blue characters. I would love if the colors were more distinct such as red/yellow/blue. I for one have to print screen (screenshot) the save code then open the image and wherever there are capital "I" and lowercase "l" which are red/green they appear the exact same to me. I have to use the color picker function of photo editor program and click on the letter in question to see where it lands on the color wheel to determine if it is "I" or "l".

love your map so far, good job development team.
First of: I also know a guy who is red/green colorblind and do care for those people, but ... errrm ... maybe just share control and let someone else do the quest for you? I know you don't like this answer, but I simply don't want to add a message telling the player that the Spirit shifted to a certain element as that would make it easier for the players to see how that encounter works, even if they have never played it before.

Level 2
There's a problem with Ranger quest Part I which requires fixing. Here's a screen shot to portray what exactly is wrong.

I don't know if any of the following is intended but: there's absolutely no description of what is do to complete the quest & the clouds multiply each time upon entering making it completely impossible to scout the area. It's also possible to enter the dream without having spoken to the druid, this makes the completion of the quest impossible when speaking with the spirit inside the dream.

As you can see my hero dies right upon entering the quest area, making it impossible to proceed with the trial.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi men ! I can't figure out how to end the thief class ? I always end in a small room with a never moving guard, which appears to guard an item that i can't select (but i see its hp bar), probably the sword ?

The only other option appears to be a woman, but with no interesting features ?

Could someone help me ? A little hint ?

C4stor

NWM ! But the sword is REALLY hard to click on !

Last edited:
Level 2
squire class quest

So, this quest took me a while to complete, and ill relay what tactics i managed to come up with.

Firstly, the quest has 2 steps, both of wich are arena fights, and you will need an empty inventory slot for each step. At the start of each fight there is a healing salve on the ground just NW of your character, you will need to pick this up. You will use it often and it has unlimited uses.

Step 1: Melee, your first opponent is a brutal melee orc, he has a short stun and a bleed, but these arent too big a deal, he does have alot of hp however. His power move is an AoE stomp that stuns for 5 or 6 seconds, it has a red cast bar but cannot be interupted, so run as soon as you see it. As you begin to run, click the healing salve to recover your health, and try to stay away from him until its done. Once its done go in and use your moves, Stun, Bleed, Sheild bash, then just run, use Demoralizing shout when you can. Rinse and Repeat, takes a while but if you stay clear of his stomp and use your salve, you wear him down and victory will be yours.

Step 2: Caster, I found this much easier, once i figured out the proper way to fight him. It is very important to save your spell interupts (Hateful Stirke and Sheild Bash) for certain spells. He has several spells, Shadow bolt wich is a small nuke and can usualy be ignored, Heal wich is a huge heal and needs to be interupted whenever possible, FireStrike, wich will kill you if you let him cast it (much like the first dungeon's end boss) so interupt it every time, and FireNova, his ultimate spell, cannot be interupted and will always kill you if it hits you, but it has a limited range, so like the first fight, if you see this, run and use your healing salve. You will need to be about halfway across the arena to avoid it, and you may sometimes miss a heal while your running back, but thats ok. Again, keep at this and you will wear him down, he has much less hp than the first fight if you manage to stop his heals.

I finished the quest without having Revenge, since i often play with just my g/f and we couldnt take out the end boss of the first dungeon by ourselves, i was however level 29 or so.

Also since a sheild is required for the second step, you may want to invest in the sword Blacksmith's Revenge, from the wepon shop in town. (Honestly i think it should be nerfed a little bit since it only costs 2k >_>)

Last edited:
Level 5
Quick and simple thieves guide:

As soon as you are done with the cinematic, stealth and run up the stairs. Turn left and make sure to be far enough from the patrolling guard.(another one will be a few seconds behind). when the first guard goes into the dining room wait a second until another guard passes between the tables. after he has passed, run straight through to the other room and put sleeping powder in the stew. after the woman has given the stew to the guard in the sword room, wait for a guard to pass, and then run straight through the middle and turn your left to the storage room. take the sword and BAM!
pattern..

Note: after figuring out the pattern, the whole process took me less than 2 minutes...lol

Level 2
Since a Squire guide is out now, I can also tell you that outranging the Fire Nova is not the only way to avoid it ... I can just tell you that the pillars are there for a reason ... ;)

Oh, nice, i didnt even think to try that lol, but i see how it would work ^^

As far as other quests, my g/f managed the cleric one (pre v1.1b) at 22, with no BoL, set up for pure healing/support to work with my tank. She just healed the guy with 2 on him until 1 aggroed onto her, then kited it around healing, bubbling and dotting everything she could. Keep in mind you cannot see all the soldiers at the start.

We think there is a glitch with the ranger one. If you leave (or die) and come back it seems to add more poison clouds but not remove the first set, so after a few deaths the area was completely covered in them, rendering the test relatively impossible. But I have yet to test it conclusively.

The mage one seems nicely balanced, my friend did it on our LAN once he spent a few deaths figuring it out. His latop lags quite a bit so i called out wich element it changed to for him.

Currently playing up a Rogue and enjoying it alot, but im still only 15.

Level 1
Can someone explain me HOW to do the Ranger Classchange Quest ?
I mean i drink the potion go to this portel thing posted on site one and bäm dead. So how to solve that ?

Level 1
Quick and simple ranger guide:

Important:
-Put some points into life (200 or something like that)
-buy some (2-3) healthpotions

Go to your guildmaster and drink the potion to start the quest.
In the new 1.1c there are no poisen clouds near the portal (no near instant death) !!!!
So now you can wait and watch how the clouds move. The way you have to go is the following.

First right to the tree and then clockwise around it till you can go south.
Watch the clouds !!! When you get hit by a cloud run out as fast as possible, remember you have healthpotion if your health drops to fast. In safe points you can also rest.
Go further south till you see a Cenarius freak :D, thats it you did it !

Level 2
I don't know if im going blind or anything but I can't see any guide for squire, but I just read some 1 has posted 1. So was it removed?

Level 3
Well i didn;t read whole thread,so delete my post if i duplicated it,i'm cleric and i haven't done gaias 2 part q with Gospode commander,but i bought spell which cost 5k and i can use it,even if there says to requirements is finished 2part....is that bug?

Level 2
Well i didn;t read whole thread,so delete my post if i duplicated it,i'm cleric and i haven't done gaias 2 part q with Gospode commander,but i bought spell which cost 5k and i can use it,even if there says to requirements is finished 2part....is that bug?

Step 2 in the Gaias Retalitation quest is merely to explore the sewers and report back to the orcale, it has nothing to do with D3 or Seargent Gaspode. So it is not a bug that you can buy and use your advanced class skill.

If your still a cleric though, what advanced skill are you using?

Level 1
Well the mage class change quest is kinda dumb.
It's pretty much game over when he switches to magic since magic missile is an instant cast and if you are standing on the fire/lightning runes it's impossible to get to the magic rune in time.
Even from the shadow/water rune it's hard because you only have like 0.2-0.3 seconds that decide whether you are alive or dead

Level 4
vilation<<<<<<< THANKS FOR THE GUIDE ranger
SwampRaider<<< THANKS FOR THE GUIDE thief

Well there is a good squire guide too ( pretty though without revenge /hint: go for lvl 31^^)
and a cleric too (pretty easy with or without bol)

And for the magician guide

i tryed to go lvl 31 anda have my rage spell anda is quite simple the quest with a little more hp like 250 (lvl 31 you will sure have that), is just a matter of time fighting the boss. not much i could add to this guide

IMO squire/ thief/ and ranger quite dificult ( the mos interesting anda headache ive got)

Level 6
whats DoT ?

How do you Cleric class change 101, without the use of burst of light (if you don't have it yet.)

First of all, you can do this class change with a few timed strategy and 105 mana cap! 105 is low for a cleric, but even you can do it. But if you do decide to grab 1 or 2 mana potion, this would be a cake walk. The other thing you have to make sure is that you whore all your stats into int and constitution. I honestly can't imagine why at this point, a cleric would need more than the basic minimum mana cap + mana cap from items. You should be taking advantage of potions anyways.

The strategy is as follow. Bring 1 mana potion into the trial and make sure you're at full health/mana. Upon entering. DoT up the first target and sleep yourself as soon as you can. Yes, you won't be engaged into combat until you hit 100% aggro on that mob. When your mana regens back to full, immediately kite the first DoT'd mob to the southwest corner of the zone where the walls are breached. There is a soldier there in need of healing. Once you healed him, a second zombie will be aggro'ed onto you. At this time your DoT spell should be cool down. DoT up the first zombie again and finish him off. You can cast another nuke to down his hp faster or just finish him with your regular hits. After he is down. Start circling the entire zone and healing all the soldiers once. Then go back up in the northern area of the zone and Dot the farthest zombie away. Don't forget to keep your health at full for the duration of the trial! The zombies don't do much in a single hit. maybe 20-30 dmg at time. That's where your constitution helps to tank it all. You should be clearing the first two zombies in the northern area with your DoT and regular hits, then making your way back towards the breached area. Making sure you give all the soldiers who are still engaged with a zombie a second round of heal. It's important you keep your DoT spell used every time it's cool down. It's also important that you're within a certain range while your DoT is doing its job because if you're not, the spell debuff will disappear.

If at any time you need to use your mana potion because you some how did not manage your mana well, then feel free to do so. That will give you more than enough extra mana to bubble yourself or a few soldiers and cast a couple of nukes. Eventually, you'll save every single soldier and killing every single zombie. Then you may proceed back to your guild master for a class change.

Now if you have burst of light prior to entering the trial. This is a cake walk. You can do this blind folded almost. Enter the trial. DoT up the first zombie. Go towards the breached area. Heal the soldier outside the wall. Then with a single burst of light. Destroy all the zombies in the middle area. You should be able to down 4-5 zombies. Freeing 3-4 soldiers to aid the rest. There should only be 4-5 zombies left around the zone. You simply just go around DoT'ing up the rest and healing the soldiers. Success!

Where I should go after using sleeping powder??
Bottom right....get the knife

Level 1
Not to be a whiny bitch, but the squire job advancement quest is really hard. I've been at it for several hours and would always die. Here's a list of my complaints:

1. The orc's movement speed is way too fast compared to the squire's. This wouldn't be such a bad thing if not for the next complaint.

2. The orc's dot can crit. When it crits the healing salve runs out.

3. He only begins his stomp when he uses his dot.

Maybe it's just my bad luck, but I think you really ought to change something about this fight. Just making the salve heal just a tid bit faster would be great too

Level 1
The Squire is easy when you figure out how to properly execute your skills and the salve at the correct moment.

As for the sleeping powder, you'll have to go to the room where there's a lady (I forgot what's the name). There's a pot on the top left in that room, get near to it, click the pot. Let the lady do her task, wait for her to return to the room. When she's back, go down to the bottom right room where there's a guard guarding the item, but he's asleep. Get the item (remember, the item is just like NPC, where you have to click the actions) and you're done.

Level 2
Its located a bit north west from the stairs. Its a small room with a female npc and a cooking pot. You "dont" have the Sleeping Powder, Just you need to click the action inside the cooking pot and then wait some.

Level 10
Its located a bit north west from the stairs. Its a small room with a female npc and a cooking pot. You "dont" have the Sleeping Powder, Just you need to click the action inside the cooking pot and then wait some.

You have sleeping powder!!!!

You must interact with the caldron on kitchen, then the lady will give it to the last guard that is next to the sword!!!

Oh I feel dumb, thanks guys :]

Status
Not open for further replies.