1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Wars 2.37K

Submitted by Civiliznations
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Map Introduction:

Fight for domination over three lanes in this spawner line war map styled similarly to maps like Tech Wars and Castle Fight. Build Markets to increase your income every 30 seconds of gametime, which give you gold based on which lanes you control. Control lanes by pushing your opponent back to their towers with your buildings which will spawn units. Controlling lanes will give you bonuses unique to each lane. Advance through the ages to upgrade your units by researching technologies; start at the basic Warrior Camp and advance all the way through to the Striker Airbase.

Features:

* Over 50 researchable technologies to unlock upgrades for units and structures.

* Available units range from primative stone age warriors to jet fighters over 4 eras, each with counters and specific strategies attached to them. Fight over land in the Mid and Bot lanes, or fight over sea in the Top lane with unique sea units.

* Over 20 Wonders, one of a kind buildings with unique effects. Only 1 side can get each wonder, which each provides a better bonus than a regular structure. Economy boost, cheaper units, or powers no other building can get.

* Balance economic growth with military goals by constructing markets and holding strategic locations that boost your income.

Lane Roles:

The player in each lane will have different roles to play in their team in order to achieve victory.

Top and Bot Lane:

These are the lanes where the majority of the combat takes place.

Controlling Top and Bot lane will provide you with extra gold and materials to all of your team every 30 seconds for each node (or circle of power) you control. When building on this lane it is your job to fight for control. Bot lane is much less volatile than top, and the towers are unlikely to fall unless there is a significant effort by all three lanes to rush your lane. Therefore you generally want to try and 'lock' your lane by stopping their units from pushing past their towers. This allows your team (mostly your middle lane player) to market this lane efficiently.

The key difference for a top player versus a bot player is to be aware of the volatile nature of the lane. The lane 'swinging' (units stacking at their towers and pushing hard to your own towers in response) is very common, and the plentiful amount of siege units means your towers can often be in danger of falling, often spelling defeat for you and your team.

Mid Lane:

This lane is by far the most challenging. With four towers defending it, it is impossible to break the lane by yourself, and even in a rush effort by all three players, it can still be a challenging feat. Controlling Mid lane will provide +1 food to all of your team for each node (or circle of power) you control, with another +1 food bonus for controlling the middle node. It is essential that you gain control of this lane sometime in the early game in order to allow your sidelanes to add more spawning buildings without having to invest in granaries, which is very costly. Doing so will allow them to control their lanes much easier and gain their bonuses.

However, once this has been achieved, your job is not to simply control your lane, as you gain little by this; the mid's role is to support your sidelanes with support units such as leaders and debuff units like the Ballista, in an effort to help them control their lanes. Then you can advance through the technologies faster than them to add more advanced units, while also building a significant amount of markets in order to increase your income based on what lanes you control. Trade Markets will give you gold based on how many Top nodes you control, Food Markets will give you gold based on how many Mid nodes you control, and Material Markets will give you gold based on how many Bot nodes you control.

Beware of Build Limit; each player has a maximum amount of spawning camps/docks they can build on each others names. To get around this, you can purchase more Build Limit from your capital, as well as giving away your own build limit to add to another teammates maximum.

The middle lane acts as the 'carry' lane; in the lategame, your income and technology point should be significantly higher than your sidelanes, and at this point, you can begin adding advanced units in order to try and break their towers and win the game. There are many advanced strategies employed by this lane, and you can learn more about it by playing with the established community on the Ent16 bot over Battle.net.

Version History:

This map was initially created by Dangime and then significantly added to by Terrabull, up to version 2.30. Since then, the map has been continued (with a new version created from scratch) by Civiliznations.

2.37K:
Bug Fixes
-Fixed a bug where some wonders gave back more than their cost if cancelled by another player building the wonder
-Fixed a bug where aura wonders would not receive their aura if another player was building the wonder at the same time.
-Fixed a bug where you could move your worker into the lane before the game had started.
-Fixed a bug where income text was visible for the opponent.
-Commando attack type corrected to Siege.

General
-Votekicked players units will now be shared with their allies.
-Added a tip system for new players.
-Notext now disables map pings and tips.
-Added income boards for observers. Observers can also now use -zoom and -stats commands.
-Camps and docks on top and bot will now only be targeted once towers are down.
-Your worker can no longer be targeted (except by enemy towers) until it begins repairing or constructing. It will not be targeted when the order is given, only when it is performed.
2.37H:
New:
New Medieval Wonder, Pasteur's Laboratory:
Requires: Scientific Method
Gold Cost: 1300
Effect: Acts as a supermarket, a laboratory, and gives a +15% buff to attack speed, health, and lifesteal to an allied spawn of your choice.
-Physics, Steam Engine, and Refridgeration can be researched before Industrial Capital.
New Industrial Wonder, Doublemeat Palace:
Requires: Refridgeration
Gold Cost: 1000
Effect: Produce 0.5% of the total value of your unit spawns as gold income (excluding wonders)
Balance:
-Refridgeration no longer requires Steam Engine.
-Gun tower attack cooldown reduced to 2 and damage changed to 125-175.
This amounts to a DPS increase from 58 > 75 on initial hit
-Striker and Aegis Cruiser range reduced from 1100 to 800. This should stop them from destroying buildings before towers.
General:
-Added a player leaver message.
-Added a votekick system. Requires a simple majority. You cannot be kicked if you are the sole player on a team.
-Income buildings display their output as floating text and mana again.
Bug Fixes:
-Fixed a bug where capitals couldn't be repaired.
-Fixed a bug where General would upgrade into the sea path.
-Fixed a bug where Aegis landed from Aegis Cruisers couldn't target air.
-Fixed a bug where Ballista/Catapult didn't cost BL.
-Fixed a bug where Stock Exchange didn't output the correct amount if you held below 2000.
-Changed pathing so you can't build in the rocks on top lane.

2.37E:
Lane rewards/market system reworked extensively:
-Basic material income is 5 for each player.
-Top/bot now give both materials and gold. These bonuses are modified to 2/2/2 materials per circle and 4/4/4 gold.
-Mid now gives half of this material bonus in addition to it's food bonus (1/1/1 per circle)

-Rather than increasing the bonus gained based on the first person to upgrade a capital to the next era, the game now gives a notification every 15 minutes that the world has entered a new era. Upon this notification bonuses will stack up by 1 each time. Food bonus does not change for mid.

BL system rework:

Mid starts with 4 BL (up from 3). Top/Bot start with 2 BL.

You can research build limit at the capital but can no longer give it to your allies. The cost of researching build limit has been adjusted from 100/50 to 150/100, and the cost no longer increases per level. You can research to a maximum of 10 extra build limit.

Previously levels were locked as follows:
Lvl 1: Writing
Lvl 2: Medieval Capital
Lvl 3: Industrial
Lvl 4+: Modern

This is now:
Lvl 1: Writing
Lvl 2-4: Medieval
Lvl 5-7: Industrial
Lvl 7-10: Modern

Going over build limit would previously decrease your income. It is now not possible to go over build limit.

Previously when your lane's outer towers were destroyed, your build limit in middle would be lifted. This is still the case, but your lane opponent on the other team also has his build limit lifted in middle.

Railroads no longer cost BL when built in other lanes.

-Redesigned the terrain.

Balance:
-Removed Atilla's Hut from the Medieval Wonder Builder (Still upgradeable from The Old Stables)
-Atilla's Hut upgrade gold cost increased from 550 to 650. 650 was my original intended cost. The 100g reduction was supposed to be a reward for upgrading: I had envisioned that ppl would steal Atilla's Hut from people who built stables by building it using the Medieval Wonder Builder.
Due to tech costs to get the worker this never ended up happening. As a result I am reverting the upgrade cost.
-Rather than landing normal land units, ships will now land a modified version which reflect the exact stats of the ship.
-Ranged sea units will now change to their land counterparts as soon as they reach the land. Carriers will disappear once they reach the main base.
-The Great Obelisk no longer gives material income. Instead of providing a flat +10 gold income it now acts as a Food Market instead. Gold cost changed to 525, no longer costs materials.
-Detonate now gives back 75% of the gold cost, up from 50%.
-Any defensive structures can no longer be built past the base limits.
-Towers can no longer be built.
-East Zipang Trade Company cost adjusted from 1000/100 to 1500/0. Now produces 20 gold per circle controlled on any lane.
-Saint Michel adjusted from 4/8/4 materials for bot lane to 4/4/4 materials for top lane. Gold cost reduced from 1600 to 1400.
-Cathedral now acts as an aura rather than giving buffs.
-General's Heliport now upgrades into Interceptor Airbase and Divebomber Airbase again.
-Carrack damage changed to 150-170 (this is the same DPS). This change means they will now always kill a junk in 1 shot.
-Dromon hp/damage increased to mirror the Penteconter.
-Dismounted dragoon dodge changed reduced from 30% to 20%.
-Leader chance removed. Instead, all spawn wonders can be deactivated to return 35% of the cost of building the units without the wonder.

General/Bug Fixes:
-Added game modes: Red can choose at the start of game whether to play with build limit, 2.35E lane rewards, and building past towers.
-Updated some tooltips/UI things (like wonder finished sound)
-Starting towers no longer cost 1 food, to compensate the capital gives 4 less food.
-All buildings which had a build time of 20 (bar towers) reduced to 10.
-Docks/Camps build time reduced to 5 seconds from 7.
-Removed lane capture text, it will now ping the minimap instead. As such removed -notext command.
-Changed Detonate hotkey from D to E to prevent accidental detonations while trying to select and deactivate a building
-Changed Medieval/Industrial Capital upgrade hotkey to C to prevent clashes with Increase Build Limit hotkey, which is changed to I.
-Removed everything related to -space/nukes.
-All markets can now buy and sell materials.
-Workers now move faster and spawn at lanes.
-Increased the range at which units will begin attacking in order to prevent units passing by. This will change how unit pathing behaves somewhat significantly, but I expanded the size of some of the lanes and as such this is necessary.
-Optimised the regions for taking circles in mid/bot: The losing team should steal it less often.
-Bank/Stock can no longer be built if you have one already.
-Desync after leaver fixed.
-Unit movement triggers are different and units will act differently in some ways, in particular they will run along the ledge on top lane when assaulting the base.
-Fixed bug where Mech Infantry (Commando) would not land a commando.

Community:

-This game has an active playerbase playing the latest versions on the bot Ent.16, hosted by Entgaming.net.
-We also have a Civilization Wars discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Keywords:
Civilization, Technology, Eras, Line War
Contents

Civilization Wars v2.37K (Map)

Reviews
DesKaladA: meh its a working civilation clone approved
  1. DesKaladA: meh its a working civilation clone approved

2. King Stubby

King Stubby

Resources:
    Resources:
    why's it so square?

3. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. Upgrades suck, you dont really have a choice, you need to learn nearly all to advance and its basically sucking since, if you need all, then why even bother adding all these upgrades and not upgrades that are optional???
    2. No matter what units I spawn, in the end I end up with the same units at the end of an age...creative? nope...
    3. Not much variety, you are being forced to build the same crap every game and end up with the same!

Just do something about the upgrades and the fact that all units end up in the same unit at the end of an age.

4. Dangime

Dangime

Resources:
    Resources:
    kuLt.G_Hoernch I'm gonna throw down the gauntlet here and say your comment is biased since you put out a crappy line war that's no comparision to mine. Feel free to fire back, but I don't think my comment is out of line here.

5. XxYoUrDeAdxX

XxYoUrDeAdxX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd also comment on stubby's comment. lol why IS it so square compared to vers. 1? And kultG you obviously need a god damn mind. Dangime is the best (whatever category Civ Wars fits in) maker. 1, his upgrades actually have a point ingame. ALL of them do. 2, read the description of the research before you research it you dumbshit. 3, may not be much variety, but the units are well rounded, balanced, and the creation of them themselves are awesome. And I'd bet your Line War is much crappier than even my game, which I based off of Dangime's game.

6. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1st of all, i played your map for the first time 2 months after starting mine, and the idea wasn't given you, but by ToK: BC which is one of the best made maps ever, so no its no real copy of yours, i already was making my map before i knew of yours, and how is my map a crappy line war, where in your map the units also move in a line from one camp to the exactly opposite? when i said that i don't like the updates, i only absolutely dislike having to research all upgrades except ship ones to reach the next age, it would be good if more updates would be optional...
    dont get me wrong, apart of that your map really does kick ass, and it'd be 10/10 from me if that one thing wouldnt bug me

7. Dangime

Dangime

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's fine, but really there's no need for you to come and give me a 3 or a 4 because of one little thing. It makes you look petty or jealous or unobjective. If you've ever played Civilization you would know you need most of the upgrades to advance the eras. I think it's better if you don't even comment on others maps of very similar types. Let the players speak for themselves. I do the same.

8. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i played it and thats why i said that i dont like having to study all upgrades, id prefer something like, you need to have 5 upgrades of your choice before being able to enter new age, and i rated it like 7 - Great and not 3 or 4, your map is good only upgrades bug me.
    btw the variety has increased with your new updates and include pretty cool horse archers

9. King Stubby

King Stubby

Resources:
    Resources:
    can you bring the non-square terrain back? This just looks too linear.

10. Hedgehog-king

Hedgehog-king

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with kuLT.G Hoernch... this maps pretty plain

11. cortezz

cortezz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this map very much. I wish there could be maybe different modes. More unit types. Maybe even give the chance Pick different nations types with there own advantages and disadvantages.

12. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just played yesterday and wtf tanks are uber imba. 3 tanks destroyed my 2 hardened bunkers even with my 6 grenade and 2 sniper guys helping, u r basically owned if you cant get tanks fast enough...their armour is immune to bunkers attack nearly and their attacks deal heaps to bunkers + they have like 2000hp, id nerf that mighty!

13. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, I played this map only a few times, and I love it.
    My perception is.. Tanks are way too powerful. I played against a friend who had a very strong defense on the bottom line (several bunkers, 20+ advanced units and a Maginot line), but once I finished the tank wonder I won the game in an instant. Please think about balancing them somehow.

14. Thick_Armor

Thick_Armor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I remember playing this some time back. I remember it was great! :)
    Hopefully it will be even better now I have allowed time to pass and newer versions to arrive. :L

15. MajorKaza

MajorKaza

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you add some AI? It takes ages to get 5 more players at B-Net...

3/5 you will get 4 if you will made AI, and 5 if there will be some structure that can defend solo striker (usualy wins 1st striker on map).

16. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Damn, i remember this game from Clan Eat and Clan Soup. Nice to know it is still being updated.

17. Civiliznations

Civiliznations

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Still got an active community on ENT. Many of the players today are former Clan Eat players :)

18. Shanghai

Shanghai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    no screenshots?

19. Civiliznations

Civiliznations

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe this map was uploaded before the general requirements for screenshots etc. But I'll be sure to upload some soon.