• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

City under attack 2.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi.in this map,first you will choose one of the heroes you want.then you should protect city for 60 mins.if you want more gold and lumber,try to kill more undeads and their buildings.it will give you money.
I hope you enjoy it.

Changelog[/CENTER]
Version 1.7
  • Auto reviving heroes added
  • New model added
  • New marketplaces added
  • rewarded gold and lumber from killing fixed
  • Some bugs fixed
version 1.8
  • System picking hero changed.
  • New team added.
  • New skills added.
  • costs for items fixed.
  • gold rewarded from killing fixed.
  • some bugs fixed.
version 2.0
  • New skills added.
  • costs for items fixed.
  • new soldier addedd.
  • some bugs fixed.
kangyun
4ennightmare
aki15
mr-goblin
Contents

City under attack 2.0 (Map)

Reviews
Daffa
There's no decent item to purchase. Marketplace doesn't fill up with anything, everything else is subpar against opponent. Mana is sort of a hindrance with lack of distribution, and tome lacking adds the pain up. Limited resources doesn't help. Subpar...
Thanks so much for this. Was about to test it as well but I saw enough. This one goes into substandard. Beta should be posted here: Map Development Pick a thing or two, please: Map Submission Rules If you are unsatisfied with the review, try...
-no customization at all, all heroes are the default ones from Warcraft 3 -each model has problems with its in-game portrait -you can barely move your hero around the base since the walls are heavily blocking pathing and it becomes hard to defend on...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Click on that link and improve the bundle's description accordingly.

1. There's no decent item to purchase. Marketplace doesn't fill up with anything, everything else is subpar against opponent.
  2. Mana is sort of a hindrance with lack of distribution, and tome lacking adds the pain up.
  3. Limited resources doesn't help.
  4. Subpar units to actually combat the enemy. By subpar, I mean ALMOST useless (perhaps berserker is the most useful on the list for me).
  5. Broken icons.
  6. I'd give credit for hero spells despite not being pretty unique, still decent.

Summary:
So, I have a feeling I just wasted 8 minutes of my life... There's barely anything worthy to use, hero being somewhat reliant on mana being a hindrance and lack of actual item or unit makes it harder. Do I mention limited resources?

Here's a take on my play.

EDIT:
If I go with Map Submission Rules, there's a LOT of improvements in gameplay department before this can be approved. I have to commend the work on getting all sides properly attacking each other though, so that ends with 2/5 I guess.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

1. There's no decent item to purchase. Marketplace doesn't fill up with anything, everything else is subpar against opponent.
  2. Mana is sort of a hindrance with lack of distribution, and tome lacking adds the pain up.
  4. Subpar units to actually combat the enemy. By subpar, I mean ALMOST useless (perhaps berserker is the most useful on the list for me).
  5. Broken icons.
  6. I'd give credit for hero spells despite not being pretty unique, still decent.
Summary:
So, I have a feeling I just wasted 8 minutes of my life... There's barely anything worthy to use, hero being somewhat reliant on mana being a hindrance and lack of actual item or unit makes it harder. Do I mention limited resources?

Thanks so much for this. Was about to test it as well but I saw enough. This one goes into substandard. Beta should be posted here: Map Development

Pick a thing or two, please: Map Submission Rules

If you are unsatisfied with the review, try contacting one of the other reviewers.

Level 2
  5. Broken icons.
Summary:

EDIT:
If I go with Map Submission Rules, there's a LOT of improvements in gameplay department before this can be approved. I have to commend the work on getting all sides properly attacking each other though, so that ends with 2/5 I guess.
i made it better,please test it again

Last edited:
Much better than before. Here's some feedback:
  1. Heroes could use some serious improvements. At the moment, they feel very lackluster since they are the same melee hero (and not properly balanced for the game)
  2. The terrain can use some aesthetic improvements.
  3. Mercenary needs to be expanded or entirely removed.
  4. Items are pretty much default item, their cost is not balanced for the game.
  5. Gold and lumber bonus are not balanced against the killed target (Ghoul = Frost Wyrm, what?)
  6. The hero should not cost gold to revive or make an auto revive system.
In short, too much default content being added forcibly for the sake of more content. I suggest you take your time and properly polish the game. At the moment, they get slightly better but at the same time still have that lackluster feeling. Technically this is 2.3/5 for me personally, so no rating update for now. I suggest you review to your map and decide which ones are core content and improve them.

Here's another video with me being Pandaren:

Level 2
Thanks for testing.I think it's good to do following things:
  • Make workers bring 5 gold for making less units to make hero more important.
  • Changing some part of city.
  • Make 1 marketplace for cheap items and one other for expansive items.
  • Fix killing bonus gold and lumber.
  • Auto reviving hero.
Also I tried to fix the broken items but didn't work.

I'm curious about the city change, wonder how it will look next.

Auto revives and bonus fix is much appreciated.

Sorting items is good, though you might opt to make custom ones as well.

Which broken items? I might be able to give some insight to help.

I doubt that making workers bring less gold would be that much influential. Even at 10 gold, it's already a struggle by 20-30 minutes. I think you're missing one crucial problem:

THE HEROES.

Giving multiple heroes to pick is positive, but giving multiple DEFAULT heroes is not. If I get your map right, the hero player uses is an integral part of the game. This means that the hero needs to have such a unique feel for the player that they actually playing something new. I mean people already get used to all melee heroes that they get quite repetitive. Sure, you can use melee heroes, but at least alter something from their existing kit so we don't get the exact hero as the one from melee (maybe switch out one of their spells with a custom one, or maybe add extra non-hero spells?). Their values can also be modified to function better for your map.

The only heroes I noticed to be unique so far would be the three heroes from 1.5 version (I particularly fond of Bolvar's set on that version, if not for his lack of mana but that's another thing), others are exact rip-off of the melee game heroes (like Pandaren, Dark Ranger, Firelord, etc, etc) with one change: addition of Attribute Bonus. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that's what I have been seeing so far.

Ah, forgot about this one: when heroes are selected, they automatically get picked. This means there's no way to see what a hero has so one has to know in advance how the hero works. This can be quite devastating when people randomly select a hero thinking they can read some hero info only to get the hero instantly picked for them.

I know I am pretty picky and looks pretty rude, but hopefully, this feedback can be invaluable for this map's development.

Level 2

I doubt that making workers bring less gold would be that much influential. Even at 10 gold, it's already a struggle by 20-30 minutes. I think you're missing one crucial problem:

THE HEROES.

Giving multiple heroes to pick is positive, but giving multiple DEFAULT heroes is not. If I get your map right, the hero player uses is an integral part of the game. This means that the hero needs to have such a unique feel for the player that they actually playing something new. I mean people already get used to all melee heroes that they get quite repetitive. Sure, you can use melee heroes, but at least alter something from their existing kit so we don't get the exact hero as the one from melee (maybe switch out one of their spells with a custom one, or maybe add extra non-hero spells?). Their values can also be modified to function better for your map.

The only heroes I noticed to be unique so far would be the three heroes from 1.5 version (I particularly fond of Bolvar's set on that version, if not for his lack of mana but that's another thing), others are exact rip-off of the melee game heroes (like Pandaren, Dark Ranger, Firelord, etc, etc) with one change: addition of Attribute Bonus. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that's what I have been seeing so far.

Ah, forgot about this one: when heroes are selected, they automatically get picked. This means there's no way to see what a hero has so one has to know in advance how the hero works. This can be quite devastating when people randomly select a hero thinking they can read some hero info only to get the hero instantly picked for them.

I know I am pretty picky and looks pretty rude, but hopefully, this feedback can be invaluable for this map's development.
But dark ranger has a new level.
Bolvar and lorthemar when their levels are off.their icons change to green.or even lorthemar and bolvar are like that too
And about heroes I should say I think first I must solve the problems like broken icons and auto revive and...then adding new heroes

Level 1
I played the map. It's seems be good for your first world editor experience. However you must work better in next versions. More heroes and more items might be interesting.

Level 2

THE HEROES.

please test the map again.i think it is good now

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

-no customization at all, all heroes are the default ones from Warcraft 3
-each model has problems with its in-game portrait
-you can barely move your hero around the base since the walls are heavily blocking pathing and it becomes hard to defend on time
-lanes and terrain obstacles are placed wrong
-marketplaces spawn items at random and none of them are organized (this becomes a bit annoying for new players that try this out)
-the dwarven and elven side bases are attacked more than the primary human base (yours) and it becomes a pain to properly arrive on time to defend them because, again, of the walls blocking the path or no teleportation items

It is in the same state as it was before, as Daffa said, this would be posted in the Map Development section. Beta maps are not supposed to be uploaded right away.

-the dwarven and elven side bases are attacked more than the primary human base (yours) and it becomes a pain to properly arrive on time to defend them because, again, of the walls blocking the path or no teleportation items
Looking at that Goblin Merchant south of City Castle which people most likely to ignore :D
Oh, I recall the Marketplace variant already ordered in their set per 1.7, not completely random.

Anyway, I just finished my run (will upload a video on 1.7 later today). Here's some feedback from me:
  1. I appreciate the improvement to gold, however, perhaps I should be more specific in my point. I meant in the previous is that unit suppose to give gold based on how powerful they are. A way is to count the gold based on the level of the killed unit multiplied by a constant. All ground units still give the same amount of gold (which means Ghoul = Crypt Fiend = Doom Guards = Stone Form Gargoyle = Abomination = Eredar = Fel Stalker = Fel Ravager = (list goes on to every ground unit on the enemy side))
  2. Still on the heroes. They are default except for three heroes (the ones from 1.5: Sylvanas, Lorthemar, and Bolvar). Oh, for Lorthemar and Sylvanas, I'm familiar with their kits. Is he the same Lorthemar from Rise of the Blood Elves campaign and is Sylvanas the same as Curse of the Forsaken campaign? (I noticed this in 1.6 but forgot to mention it)
  3. For items, I think you really need to tinker with their cost. Here's a too good of an item: Rusty Mining Pick (+1 damage, 15% Bash for 100g). Expensive items are irrationally expensive (looking at you Shield of Deathlord with its 9k gold cost). Other in-between would also need some number tweaking.
  4. Creeps are somewhat on the better side, though the options are not much, they are much better than previous versions.
  5. Oh, just sayin' Alchemist gold pretty rigged cause of Transmute xD
Still, there are many parts of this that can be improved to make it better. However, I'll give 3/5 for this update. I can see at least some positive changes in light of these two updates. The core problem is still there though, so pretty much this rating is where it gets stuck for me until the core problem (heroes) is properly sorted out.

Last edited:
Level 2
Looking at that Goblin Merchant south of City Castle which people most likely to ignore :D
Oh, I recall the Marketplace variant already ordered in their set per 1.7, not completely random.

Anyway, I just finished my run (will upload a video on 1.7 later today). Here's some feedback from me:
  1. I appreciate the improvement to gold, however, perhaps I should be more specific in my point. I meant in the previous is that unit suppose to give gold based on how powerful they are. A way is to count the gold based on the level of the killed unit multiplied by a constant. All ground units still give the same amount of gold (which means Ghoul = Crypt Fiend = Doom Guards = Stone Form Gargoyle = Abomination = Eredar = Fel Stalker = Fel Ravager = (list goes on to every ground unit on the enemy side))
  2. Still on the heroes. They are default except for three heroes (the ones from 1.5: Sylvanas, Lorthemar, and Bolvar). Oh, for Lorthemar and Sylvanas, I'm familiar with their kits. Is he the same Lorthemar from Rise of the Blood Elves campaign and is Sylvanas the same as Curse of the Forsaken campaign? (I noticed this in 1.6 but forgot to mention it)
  3. For items, I think you really need to tinker with their cost. Here's a too good of an item: Rusty Mining Pick (+1 damage, 15% Bash for 100g). Expensive items are irrationally expensive (looking at you Shield of Deathlord with its 9k gold cost). Other in-between would also need some number tweaking.
  4. Creeps are somewhat on the better side, though the options are not much, they are much better than previous versions.
  5. Oh, just sayin' Alchemist gold pretty rigged cause of Transmute xD
Still, there are many parts of this that can be improved to make it better. However, I'll give 3/5 for this update. I can see at least some positive changes in light of these two updates. The core problem is still there though, so pretty much this rating is where it gets stuck for me until the core problem (heroes) is properly sorted out.

thanks so much guys for testing.i am trying to change the system of picking heroes to dota system of picking hero.but it has lots of problem and i dont know how to fix them.
here is the map,if you help me i will be so thankful.

-no customization at all, all heroes are the default ones from Warcraft 3
-each model has problems with its in-game portrait
-you can barely move your hero around the base since the walls are heavily blocking pathing and it becomes hard to defend on time
-lanes and terrain obstacles are placed wrong
-marketplaces spawn items at random and none of them are organized (this becomes a bit annoying for new players that try this out)

It is in the same state as it was before, as Daffa said, this would be posted in the Map Development section. Beta maps are not supposed to be uploaded right away.
I will fix the walls.thanks for testing the map.but about model portraits I really don't know how to fix them.I imported the things again but had no change

Attachments

• team undead vs human 1.8.w3x
    625.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks so much guys for testing.i am trying to change the system of picking heroes to dota system of picking hero.but it has lots of problem and i dont know how to fix them.
here is the map,if you help me i will be so thankful.

Please specify the problems. I cannot work like a seer, as I am no seer.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I already told you that this is not ready yet. It should go in the Map Development section. If you are not satisfied with my decision, please contact another reviewer.