• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematics without the interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, ive seen a couple maps where the cinematics dont display the interface, and instead its the two black lines, like a widescreen movie, I was wondering how I could get this done.

Level 7
It's a black skin over the interface. You import a black skin (you can grab the blp from any map with it), click advanced, and then game interface. I don't remember my heart what to change, again, check a map with it and look for the edited (purple) things that were changed to the black texture file.

Purgeandfire (From My Tutorial) said:
Black Cinematic Borders:

If you have watched some famous cinematics such as Creatures of the Knight, Cult of the Damned, and The Spirit of Vengeance, you'll realize that they have black borders that are used at least once. The borders make your cinematic look much better and look as if they are an actual cinematic. To do this, go to Advanced | Game Interface then click Use Custom Game Interface.

Scroll down and wait until you see at least one of these:
  • Image - Cinematic Border
  • Image - Console Background
  • Image - Game Menu Background

Click on each value, click "Use Custom Path", then type out or copy 'n' paste this text:
UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Human\blank-background.blp

If you don't want a black cinematic border, but instead something else such as the border used in "Shipwrecked 1 Revamped - by Med. Map Maker" (Or number 2, I forgot) you can replace only one of them with it. You can keep messing around with those three to see the effects and choose the one you like.

wc3blackbordersdo8.jpg

I hope this helps! :smile:

Level 2
Haha purged, thats the exact same walkthrough I used, I didnt know it was hosted here, I found it via google, thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.