• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Cinematics Conflicting? (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok... is there anyway to make the unit giving the NPC the item the triggering unit? Because I want to make the player able to actually drop the item onto the NPC, not just walk up to it and have the item vanish.

• Quest 4 OPTIONAL Part 4
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Muhr (Female) 0001 <gen>
      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-class of QUEST_4_ITEM_ring)
    • Actions
      • Quest - Mark QUEST_4_OPTIONAL as Completed
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions

Last edited:
Level 7
ok, I know why now. They aren't the triggering unit because the hero is giving the NPC the item, they're just causing the trigger to activate by giving an item to the unit making it the triggering unit! OK - but how can I work my way around this?

first of all, why the ifs? and define more about the "more quest active" and when you have more active, they will bug, do you complete them at the same time or something?

I use the IFs because it makes it easier to then copy-paste all the fields (apply cinematic, ect), then all I have to do is change the camera, which unit is talking, ect, other dialog.

Level 7
-sigh- changed first post. I could really do with some help here. Been at this for well over 12 hours today. Basically, I want a player to give a unit an item and then have that player and only that player put in a cinematic. All help appreciated, as always.

Level 18
Which unit are you trying to reference, the unit that is giving the NPC the item, or the NPC?

When a unit gives an item to another unit, it triggers two events. It triggers the event "Unit acquires item" and "Unit loses item". In "Unit acquires item", (Get triggering unit) refers to the unit that "receives" the item. In "Unit loses an item", (Get triggering unit) refers to the unit that has transferred it's item to another unit.

Level 7
I want the unit who gave the NPC to be the unit affected by the actions.
So, if I were to use a unit loses an item, I'd need to make it so it only works if a specific NPC were to then gain this item. :/ I don't think I can explain it anymore than that. Still trying to find an alternative. Help greatly appreciated.

Level 7
This works. Not sure if it's going to mess with other quests but meh.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Loses an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-tActions
    • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • If - Conditions
        • (Sister Alexus 0117 <gen> has QUEST_5_ITEM_Flowers) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions

Level 7
I made a tiny map so you can check it out. It works fine with item type and no waits. To look at the trigger for the part, check the "Success" trigger..

My map allows you to choose between several different heroes, so unless I set every players chosen hero as the variablo unit that could be the triggering unit, thats not going to work. But anyway, I've found this works quite well. Thanks for the effort though.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Loses an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-class of QUEST_2_ITEM_SHROOM)
  • Actions
    • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • If - Conditions
        • (Alchemist 0119 <gen> has QUEST_2_ITEM_SHROOM) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
And to stop players giving npcs the wrong items I've:

• Events
    • Unit - Alchemist 0119 <gen> Acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Permanent
        • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Charged
        • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Powerup
        • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Artifact
        • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Purchasable
        • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Miscellaneous
        • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Unknown
        • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Borro's Wedding Ring) Equal to (Picked item)
        • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Muhr's Wedding Ring) Equal to (Picked item)
        • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Empty health potion of unlimited health) Equal to (Picked item)
        • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Fathers Soul) Equal to (Picked item)
        • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Guard's Key) Equal to (Picked item)
        • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Heraldric Amulet) Equal to (Picked item)
        • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Mothers Soul) Equal to (Picked item)
        • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Pretty flowers) Equal to (Picked item)
  • Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • QUEST_2_ITEM_SHROOM Equal to (Item being manipulated)
      • Then - Actions
        • Do nothing
      • Else - Actions
        • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to drop (Item being manipulated) at (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads I need Shimmershroo... above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        • Set FadingFloatingText = (Last created floating text)
        • Floating Text - Change FadingFloatingText: Disable permanence
        • Floating Text - Change the fading age of FadingFloatingText to 2.00 seconds
        • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of FadingFloatingText to 3.00 seconds
^ which is why I have the "wait 0.10 seconds" in the first trigger shown in this post. Thanks though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.