1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Cinematic Contest #8 - The Great Adventure

Discussion in 'The Arena' started by Heinvers, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Guys, nothing so far? If none will participate then the contest will be closed down.

2. Ungoliath

Ungoliath

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've been working on and off on my project! It's too bad, perhaps there wasn't enough time.

Regardless, I want to keep working on my map. :)

EDIT:
    Now that I think about it, I don't think I would have been able to finish it in time.

3. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I will be putting in a WIP very soon, I got the script written out!

4. iNfraNe

iNfraNe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Perhaps everyone working on this should reply, so we can get a hand on the number of contestants. If necessary and agreed upon by everyone, we can extend the deadline?

5. Alethos

Alethos

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I've never made a cinematic before but I've been meaning to sit down and try my luck at it. I've always wanted to lose to Ungoliath. Though as always I'm about to move again and hella busy. But I am, amazingly, pretty free today so maybe I'll start and make some headway on it.... I have no pretense that I'd make anything in time but maybe I can submit things retroactively à la Arowanna. How DOES anybody find the time and energy to do these contests anyhow? Ooh... wait, I know, maybe I'll take my friend's ADD medication .~. jk kids, drugs are bad, dont drink or you may end up wasting life on teh hive

Also, just curious, how do people here structure their workflow? Storyboard? I find that my inspiration comes incrementally in different days- but I don't know whether to nail it down and get everything to come together or just work on my half baked ideas ...

6. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I write down my ideas on a piece of paper. Then I try to describe each idea within one sentence to get the general sense. Then I choose the one I feel that I can connect with the most.

The second step is to write out a more detailed script separated into scenes. I try to get most of it on paper but not write everything. So, now I can start gathering resources for the script I have in hand. You might have to change the script sometimes since you might not be able to find each and every resource you'll need.

Lastly, work on your cameras, sound effects, animations, dialogues, etc...

7. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Guys, don't slack on it again.