1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Cinematic Contest #6 - 5 minutes free theme

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Archian, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Likely/Confirmed Contestants

APproject (Submitted The Struggle)
    Twinkles (Submitting Glistening Heart)
    Radicool
    Arad MNK
    DatnessX (Submitted Resident Evil)

Possible Contestants

Proxy
    Loner-Magixxar
    Chaosy
    RED BARON
    NightStalker06698
    Looks great. Impressed with all your custom animations. You've done well to paint a picture of the time, but I feel your cinematic could have developed the main character a little more, perhaps by involving him in some kind of other epidemic related activity which expresses this. But hey, it's 5 minute cinematic so its hard to fit as much as you want in these things. You've done really well :)

2. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What do you mean? The mask fell and instantly he started to cry, or it is something else in your mind?
    But in reality it is easy to stand frozen, I mean in reality human can stand without moving at all, almost frozen as a photo, just very very slight movement to sides that are barely visible, but in WC3 I guess some more movement is needed. As for the ending, I think dying is a bit cliche, so I avoided that. Instead, since sickness became more visible on him, Searchers spotted him being sick, so it is all over already. When Searcher comes and sees the sick or the dead, you know what is going to happen. This ending was more of symbolic idea. :)
    Thank you. :) Indeed, main character could have been developed more deeply. What I had in mind at start is the portrayal of one of attempts to heal the sick, which would show how desperate and ridiculous times were. I had in mind at least 2 victims to be visited, at least one with healing attempt, but since it was 5 minutes - it was really impossible. 10 minutes would have made a big difference. :)
    Of course. Will do in 2016.

3. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm afraid I might not be able to submit it on Tuesday, but on Wednesday (Polishing takes much more time than expected) but still there is a chance to submit on Tuesday (tomorrow).

P.S. Great cinematic, APP!

4. leventopoulo

leventopoulo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

I might join but I might miss the deadline. Hoping it will be extended but I gotta know soon.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  5. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Apparently something else was on my mind or youtubes... Was certain I heard him cry before the mask fell, but now that I just re-watched it.. he didn't. So forget it :wgrin:

6. Loner-Magixxar

Loner-Magixxar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Any news about whether is there going to be an extension to the deadline or not?
    2 or 3 days would be great.

And here is another WIP.
    Untitled2.png
    Hope this helps!

-----------------------------
    Update:
    BTW, my project's name is "The Legend of Lost Brothers"

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  7. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you sure you won't be able to finish it on time? Almost 6 days remains, that's a decent amount of time, of course it all depends how many hours you care to spend on it. Nice WIP by the way. :)

8. Loner-Magixxar

Loner-Magixxar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This has been my schedule for past couple of days.
    Wake up
    Breakfast
    Edit
    Lunch
    Edit
    Dinner
    More Edit
    Sleep!
    And I'm currently skipping my job!!
    Clear enough?
    Still I haven't reached the main battle part which takes a LOT of coding and custom animations!
    Of course my problems are mine alone, but 2-3 more days is not a big deal I guess!

9. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    2-3 Days won't help me, today is the last day of me in the hive for 2 weeks (exams -__________-).

P.S. Uploading today! only 4 more things to do!

EDIT: The list is becoming bigger and bigger... Damn.

EDIT 2: Uploading.

EDIT 3(!): Takes too much time...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  10. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good luck to the participent of this contest! Sorry I thought I join but it's not an easy project :( maybe next time, I couldn't finish it in time

11. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will be getting a fast internet tomorrow, so I may post it then. I thought I would be getting it only in 2016, but since this happens sooner, I will post my entry tomorrow.

Hey Arad, are you still uploading? Can't wait to see your entry. :)

EDIT: Oh you already uploaded it. Will take a look and give my first impression there. Make sure to post at least a link here stating that it is your entry for the contest.

12. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  13. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  14. Loner-Magixxar

Loner-Magixxar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm almost done. Please, I just need one more extra day, or half a day

And BTW can we use music under "Standard Youtube License"?

15. Tickles

Tickles

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    YouTube account licenses have little to nothing to do with copyright issues (unless it's an official company/band channel which more than likely means it's copyright protected). Check around for anything about copyright policies or if they give permission for their work to be used royalty free. If music artists are serious about their work, they'll mention something about it somewhere.

16. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think you still have a whole Jan 3rd, am I right?

17. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just tick off "monetization" and it should be fine. Youtube usually only have a problem if you try to earn money of of stuff with other peoples music in it.

18. Loner-Magixxar

Loner-Magixxar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So I take it that we can use SE/Music under youtube license, since we don't use them for making money? Of course if we don't consider the prize as "making money"? Is it making money?? These policies really have no clear boundaries!

I know. Plus January 3rd I need one or half a day more.

19. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Personally I have no problem for this to be extended a day or two, I guess same goes for other participants who already submitted their entries (still waiting for Tickles' final submittion), so I guess you could contact Archian via PM and ask for it to be extended for at least a day, unless of course he keeps an eye on this thread.

20. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Final Entry

Surprisingly I'm actually submitting an entry to this contest :D
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I did while making it (aside from rushing like hell lol).

[​IMG]

'
    PosterTransparen800x800.png

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.