1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Cinematic Contest #6 - 5 minutes free theme

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Archian, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Just gonna keep this forum alive:

WIP 18: Camera madness
    [​IMG]

53 Cameras.

Attached Files:

2. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Open your model with Magos Model Editor, go Edit, then go Model Properties. Increase all Maximum and Minimum values by 100 times, just add one or two zeroes in the end. Make sure Minimum values are negative, Maximum are positive. Save your model, import and check if it still disappears. If it still does, you need to merge another geoset with it, but a transparent one and bigger one than the one disappearing. Second method would require more explaining, I can do that for you if case Extents method would fail. I was thinking of making a tutorial about this, but quite lazy at the moment. So yeah, no need to change camera for that, just need to dig into the model. PS: Oh and make sure during cinematic objects doesn't go through camera as you mentioned, it might ruin it all.

Lots of action I see, Arad. :)

EDIT: 3:50 in. Last scene in development. Will finish next week I think. :) Also got some amazing voice acting done too.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  3. Loner-Magixxar

Loner-Magixxar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tried that. Didn't work!
    I found the source of this problem. I had made a custom animation for this model and I had deleted some of unnecessary bones on the way. Whatever those bones were, removing them caused this disappearance issue. Because when I imported the original one it didn't disappear.
    Could removing some wrong bones cause this? Because I'm really new to this geos and animations!

BTW how can we make frames with Magos?
    -----------------------
    -----------------------
    PS:
    Worked Perfectly. Thanks :)

4. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think deleting bones can cause this. Bones are but tools that helps to make animations and add attachments. It is probably your animation's fault, try other animations, if it stop disappearing, then it's animation itself. Also when you create a new animation using Mdlvis, make sure to optimize it, use all ticks plus Linerize Animations function. You don't make frames with Magos, use Mdlvis. Why would you delete bones in the first place? If you delete a bone, verticies attached to that bone becomes loose and it needs to be reattached to other bone, it gets messy. You can attach the model to your post, so me or other more experienced guys could take a look at it. You can always give it a shot with merging another geoset, but if that's animation, it won't help.

5. Loner-Magixxar

Loner-Magixxar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're right. It was the animation's fault!!

PS:
    I tried What you said but still the same result. I'm attaching the model.
    View attachment King2.mdx
    The "Stand - 1" animation is the one that I've trouble with.
    ----------------------------------
    ----------------------------------
    Update:
    Funny thing is that recently i noticed the same thing happening to a brazier model that I had used in a hall. But after I changed it's pathing texture and tileset and category and then changed them back again, the problem was fixed. And btw, The same thing happens to the tiles that I've imported from Ultimate Terraining, although they don't have any animations!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  6. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try now if it works. TransparentTexture has no path.

Attached Files:

7. Loner-Magixxar

Loner-Magixxar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very strange!! the model is fine in the editor but in-game it is not there.
    WTH??
    I remember when I multiplied the "Stand - 1" animation's maximum and minimum extent this happened. What did you do to the model? :)

---------
    ---------
    Update:
    I'll try removing those dooads that are really bugging me and try to use camera angles that don't trigger the disappearance, because this is really killing my time. I'm awfully behind! I'll go on making the cinematic but ((If you come up with a solution please let me know and thank you for your time APproject)).

8. i have the same problem as yours before. i solve it by recalculating the extents of the model with magos.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  9. Anitarf

Anitarf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm guessing AProject added a transparent geoset around the main model to increase its extents. However, sometimes geometry that's behind a transparent surface doesn't get rendered (because it's behind it so the graphics engine thinks it can't be seen anyway), so the transparent surface effectively hides it. Since the terrain gets rendered independently, it still shows through the transparency. The same effect can be seen on the wings of the TFT Illidan model, when you look at Illidan from the back the part of him that's behind the wings won't be seen.

10. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But the geometry of the transparent geoset is a huge cross the goes in all directions, so it should be visible I guess. I tested that King2e.mdx in Editor and I tried my best to make it disappear, it did not no matter how I manipulated that camera, odd indeed.

11. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I assume models you make yourself for the contest must be released unto the Hive so you don't gain an unfair advantage?

12. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is no such rule for this contest, there is one for terraining contests (I hate that one), but I agree if something is made from scratch, it should be posted, yet I doubt if anyone is going to use that material to gain the same advantage. For material that is based on simple edits or custom animations, it would be too much of uploading of repetitive material I guess.

13. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think there should be any obligation to post any of your work if you don't wish to. In saying that, sharing is caring ;)

14. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This makes sense too. If a modder is able to create a certain product and others are not, it is their own problem. If one is able to do more, one is simply ahead of others as I modder I think.

On the side note, I am 99% complete with my cinematic, few voice acting lines, loading screen and credit list remains to be done. Other than that, cinematic sequence is complete. Sequence is exactly 5:00 ±0:01 long. Should I post in the map section or attach to the post as in previous contests? I will post it next year I guess, a day or two before the deadline, loads of time to polish things even further though.

15. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Some more push and 1000 Lines of JASS already, and only 3 minutes of cinematic is done...

EDIT:

These two are kids, hehe. However, they are gonna be re-skinned, so that they would look like true kids (Just look at the guy's beard).

WIP 19
    [​IMG]

Probably my last WIP.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  16. leventopoulo

leventopoulo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    About time, been waiting for this...

Is there a chance to have the deadline extended?

17. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It will look odd seeing a villager reskinned as a kid in my opinion, the physique is too well known. :) Sounds like some complicated cinematic to have so much coding, does it involve a lot of fighting scenes? Mine is very simply coded, hehe. Made it's duration exactly 4:59 (without credits), so it doesn't break the rule.
    Perhaps there would be if more people would ask for it, but extending for a bit too much would be unfair for others I think.

18. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I would appreciate an extension as well. I'm too busy with exams and projects can't even find time to sleep nowadays. And my finals are finishing on 4th of January which is making me crazy bcz the deadline for the contest is 3rd. Maybe an extension for a week can make everything better? :goblin_boom:

19. Loner-Magixxar

Loner-Magixxar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Definitely agree with a one-week extension, because I'm really behind due to my job and other things, and the problems I encountered with the models really threw me days behind the schedule.

So, if other contestants would agree, would you kindly extend it for a week or so?

20. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If the deadline is extended, it won't be more than a few days. Emphasis on 'if'.

The deadline is still January 3 2016 i.e. entries must be submitted prior to January 4th. Any entries submitted after January 3rd will not be eligible to win a prize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.