• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
maptitle-png.385652

Chronicles of the Second War:
Tides of Darkness
Relive the events of Warcraft II orc campaign, reimagined in Reforged engine.
Experience rich lore from the events of the Second War, based on classic games and novels.
Enjoy the gameplay that merges best features of WC2 and WC3, through RTS and RPG missions.
Explore mysterious places and conquer mighty cities with beautifully crafted terrain and decorations.

fade-seperator-png.362941

*** Installation Guide for Windows OS***
ActionVisual Clue
This campaign is available for those who have purchased a copy of "Warcraft III: Reforged": https://warcraft3.blizzard.com/ latest version 1.36.1
If you have the Demo version of CSW (circa 2020) installed - delete it and clean up the retail folder from its assets
Make sure your game settings are set HD reforged graphics
Download the campaign file
Put campaign file into C:/User/Documents/Warcraft3/Campaigns/
f8c391e5-7ff3-4be1-ade5-568d894dee0e-png.457961
Download installer Asset Installer
Put installer into Warcraft 3 folder where Game Launcher.exe is placed
1c02d8c8-ab64-49a6-98d6-f9ed69e65ee2-png.457962
Download asset pack Asset Pack
Run CSW Installer.exe as Administrator
f67e04c2-61a0-45a6-865e-d2b198161ef4-png.457966
Click button “Load Resource” - pick the Asset Pack
17def230-db66-4f7c-a2bf-117548de70ef-png.457963
Wait till the archive is unpacked
Reboot your PC
Launch "Wacraft III: Reforged" game
Go to “Single Player” → “Custom Campaign”
d37efbc2-827a-4f7b-8b33-e2fae4daac4c-png.457965
Play the game.
Remember that Campaign works only in HD (Reforged graphics) game settings.
The Campaign is not compatible with Quenching mod.

If textures were not applied after installation of asset pack - reinstall assets one more time.
b2474263-8d30-4e41-bf5a-ff4cc2b07f28-png.457964

*** Installation Guide for MAC OS***
ActionVisual Clue
This campaign is available for those who have purchased a copy of "Warcraft III: Reforged": https://warcraft3.blizzard.com/ latest version 1.36.1
Put campaign file into folder for campaign in MAC OS
Right click on the TOD_Campaign_Assets.csw file and open with Archive Utility.
Unzip the Asset Pack as you would a zip file into the retail folder within the Reforged installation directory.
Open the terminal and enter the following exactly:
defaults write "com.blizzard.Warcraft III" "Allow Local Files" -int 1
If texture issues persist after the above steps, try restarting the machine.
Play the game.

If textures were not applied after installation of asset pack - reinstall assets one more time.

*** Installation Guide for Linux OS***
ActionVisual Clue
Put campaign file into folder for campaign in Linux OS
Follow the following guide but for Warcraft 3 Reforged: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxet_LLQIwE&t=424s
This runs Reforged under Steam's emulation layer
Unzip the Asset Pack as you would a zip file into the retail folder within the Reforged installation directory
The tricky part is finding your "home" directory where you put your custom campaigns. In one user's case (agibsonccc) the filepath was the following:
/home/agibsonccc/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/2542504305/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/Warcraft III/Campaigns
The way proton works is you have steam and then an "appid" followed by a "prefix". The appid is basically a mapping to a "game" you specify in the left side in steam. That's wine's root directory. drive_c is C: then from there the paths should be the same.
If texture issues persist after the above steps, try restarting the machine.
Play the game.

Features
17 Missions packed with captivating gameplay

5 hours of Cinematics capturing and expanding on important lore moments

Lore conveyed through immersing gameplay, bringing you back into WC2 era

Voice Acting for over 1500 lines, from unit quotes to cinematics

Soundtrack recreating original Warcraft II music, made by talented artists

Heroes & Characters introduced through gameplay and cameos

Oil Resource system from classic Warcraft II, for immersive naval experience

Boss Battles with engaging and challenging mechanics inspired by World of Warcraft

Recommended PC Requirements
HardwareValue
Operating SystemWindows 10 64-bit (latest version)
ProcessorIntel Core i7
VideoGTX 1080
Memory32GB
Storage3GB (for campaign files)

Known Issues
Place - ScopeBugPriority for fix in next patchesComment
1GlobalSometimes Oil UI Warning messages can be played during cinematicsMediumNeed to investigate jass oil script and fix it.
2Chapter Nine: Razing of Tyrs HandEnemy AI doesnt send troops via transports to attack player.Medium
3Chapter Eleven: Quel’ThalasTroll camp AI might work weird. It has to be rewritten to JASS instead of GUI.Medium
4Chapter Ten: StratholmeMounted Gul’dan model has issues with facial animations. Probably need to rework model form scratch.Medium
5Chapter Ten: StratholmeEnemy Naval AI is not attacking playerMediumRequire a lot of effort on investigating AI script and testing.
6GlobalUpon Loading Saved game, the custom wc2 music list is played over like second layer.Medium
7GlobalBuilding and Unit models willbe updated in next pathces (pkb effects)MediumPKB effect were removed cuz it caused a lot of crashes before 1.36.1
8GlobalSome unit animations and models will be fixed and improvedMedium
9Chapter 13: Tomb of SargarasSometimes Rend Visual Aura Effect (BlackRoll and Roll) is not displayed .Medium
10GlobalGul’dan spell “Inferno” - summoned infernal need to be better balanced.Low
11GlobalCho'gall and Ogre-Magi Spell animation sometimes overlap and duplicate.Low
12GlobalFacial Animations are not stable in the maps that have a lot of dialogues.LowThe problem is that faceanim sometimes doesnt work for unknown reasons, and dev need to manually try another faceanim. Change and testing takes a lot of time.
13GlobalItems that need custom models:
  • Mana potion
  • earth elemental summoning token
Low
14GlobalMelee unit can attack enemy unit that is standing on the wall, no matter how big difference in Z axis is.LowMelee Attack in game enginge doesnt take into account Z axis. In order to fix this, the additional pathing blockers has to be palced. Tedious and time consuming work that could delay release for many weeks.
15GlobalSometimes Air units can go through models of high towers.LowThis reuqires tedious rework of pathing blockers in some missions.
16Lost Chapter: DragonqueenThe goblin motor boat damage flames are disappearing when Zuluhed dismounts from it.LowestHard to identify the reason why it happens.
17GlobalCho'gall In-game text transmissions missing line breaks.Lowest
18GlobalFPS drops in some cutscenes that have panorama viewIMPOSSIBLE TO FIXThe team didnt have the knowledge about some limitations, but we wanted to make some beautiful shots.
19GlobalOn the loading screen map can crash because of incorrect texture decompression.
Walkaround - restart the mission.
IMPOSSIBLE TO FIXBlizzard Bug
20GlobalWhen the Peon which carry resourse is switched to another Building Construction set, the resource he carry is lost.IMPOSSIBLE TO FIXThe game engine limitations doesnt allow to fix this bug.
21GlobalUnits that don’t have Facial Animations:
  • Goblin Zeppelin
  • Gangrel
  • Fanatic
  • Twilight Peon
  • Cho'gall
IMPOSSIBLE TO FIXThose units are using soundkits of the beasts and mechanisms, whose sounds were replced in import manager. And they don’t have the needed facefx.

Credits

Click here for full credits list.

"Huge thank you to everyone who supported us, helped us, believed in us.
We hope this campaign was fun to play. Stay tuned for upcoming sequel
Chronicles of the Second War - Rise of the Alliance."
- LoreCraft Designs team

Translation / Dubbing

Changelog

Patch v1.03 29/Jan/2024)

Hotfix v1.02 11/Jan/2024)

Hotfix v1.01 09/Jan/2024)

Previous Version Savegames will not be loadable.
Acts now are visible for the first playthrough for the blocked players if they dont want to start from the begining.

Campaign:

• Chogall cinematic walk fix by Fugrim
  • Deathwing Pre-Wow remodeling by Handclaw (model) and Symphoneum (animations) + fixes by VictorZ (animations)
  • Goblin Zeppelin Portait floppy mouth animation fix by Malmgrev
  • Death Knight Death Coil Ability Drain Effect changed to Red Life Drain
  • Death Knight Armor type changed to Small
  • Death Knight HP increased from 400 to 600
  • Human Mage Armor type changed to Small
  • Human Mage HP increased from 400 to 600
  • Dragon armor increased from 0 to 2
  • Gryphon Rider Armor increased from 0 to 2
  • Goblin rockets item damage doubled
Mission 06S:
  • Fixed Alextrasza landing bug in Lost Chapter I: Dragonqueen
  • Decreased the amount of souls to charge the Dragonsoul from 5 to 3
Mission 10:
  • Teron Gorefiend superunit armor type changed to Small and life increased to 1000
Mission 4:
  • Naval AI upgrade level nerfed to 1 on Hard and training pause increased
Mission 5:
  • Naval AI upgrade level nerfed to 1 on Hard and training pause increased
Mission 7:
  • Removed second ballista from Stromgarde Attack Wave on Hard and Normal

Acts now are visible for the first playthrough for the blocked players if they dont want to start from the begining.

Campaign:

• Zeppelin price increased from 500 to 1000 gold
  • Zeppelin build time increased from 20 to 61
  • Zeppelin food cost increased from 1 to 4
  • Pillage rate nerfed
Mission 09:
  • Hold the line defeat condition changed to be more reliable
  • Autokiling zeppelins that reach cinematic area of Tyrs Hand
Mission 11S:
  • Decreased bounty for killing units

Mission 01:

• Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed bug with signal fire completion after failing
Mission 02:
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed sasquatch flying above the cave
Mission 03
  • Naval AI nerfed
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 04:
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed skin for Gilneas Battleship
  • Nerfed naval AI difficulty
  • Placed the fountain of health in the camp
Mission 5:
  • Extended beach for building naval buildings in north part
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Changed drop for jungle monster
  • Naval AI difficulty nerfed
  • Turned off Rain for better performance
Mission 6S:
  • Fix Alextrasza stuck when she goes back
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 7:
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 8:
  • Creeps nerfed
Misison 8S:
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission09:
  • Fixed instant defeat on the last quest Hold the Line
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Archmage is invulnerable now till he starts freezing the lake
Mission 10:
  • Reworked logic of Death Knight Cinematic launch (now no need to wait till all player units are killed near the cathdral)
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 12:
  • Fixed Chogall running away in bossfight phase 2 and 3
  • Fixed Rend disappeared from cache (need to be tested starting form mission 9)
Previews
Contents

CSW campaign Tides of Darkness (Campaign)

Reviews
Archian
We are thrilled to share some news with all of you about Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness, we are happy to announce that it has been officially granted a prestigious Director's Cut rating! This recognition is a testament to the...
Level 17
Note: For those who haven't followed us, this is an HD only campaign, it can't be played in Classic.

Update: Join our Discord server to discuss the campaign, give feedback or just talk about WarCraft relates topics: https://discord.gg/K3ppgG4

Would you consider releasing a classic version sometime in the future if people were to help you ? (like idk a year down the line from now or something.)

Level 17
Just get reforged

Thanks, i have it but i am just enthusiastic about Classic more. so i was wondering about in my head because i think it would be pretty cool to also have the Campaigns available using some awesome Classic models people made.

I think it would be a great idea to expand the influence of this cool Campaign.

Thanks, i have it but i am just enthusiastic about Classic more. so i was wondering about in my head because i think it would be pretty cool to also have the Campaigns available using some awesome Classic models people made.

I think it would be a great idea to expand the influence of this cool Campaign.

Well, knowing the amount of custom models that we making for it - amking double for SD seems like almost impossible
we will have approximately 2 GB import from wich 1GB is models and textures

Level 18
Well, knowing the amount of custom models that we making for it - amking double for SD seems like almost impossible
Did you find a way to circumvent the 250mb map size limit?
Or is it just the total amount and you'll spread them around? (like ~250mb per map?)

Level 17

Could be its own upload here in hive, but size wise it should be significantly smaller. any one Classic model is probably the equal of 4 HD models, assuming you take the more higher quality SD ones, if not then its probably more then 4. depending on which default or close to default ones you use.

By the way, thanks for responding :D

Could be its own upload here in hive, but size wise it should be significantly smaller. any one Classic model is probably the equal of 4 HD models, assuming you take the more higher quality SD ones, if not then its probably more then 4. depending on which default or close to default ones you use.

By the way, thanks for responding :D
Just to add to Tamplier's comment, yes it is extremely unrealistic to make an SD version of a campaign with so many custom assets.
It would be many months of making each model again (yes much easier in SD, but it we would have to preserve the art style etc.).
Meanwhile we still have Human campaign to continue as well as the expansion ones. That would simply stretch out the whole creation process of the campaign to years.
And if you have Reforged already, I would say consider our project it's own thing, we have different somewhat mechanics, models etc. from the actual game, therefore hopefully it will satisfy the naysayers of Reforged.

Level 17
Just to add to Tamplier's comment, yes it is extremely unrealistic to make an SD version of a campaign with so many custom assets.
It would be many months of making each model again (yes much easier in SD, but it we would have to preserve the art style etc.).
Meanwhile we still have Human campaign to continue as well as the expansion ones. That would simply stretch out the whole creation process of the campaign to years.
And if you have Reforged already, I would say consider our project it's own thing, we have different somewhat mechanics, models etc. from the actual game, therefore hopefully it will satisfy the naysayers of Reforged.

I wasn't suggesting to do this and have it prepared on release of the HD version. the SD version can come later down the line i guess. i was more wondering if there is any possibility that you'd consider this sometime in the future.

You can make use of many already available models both from the default game and those made by other people here at Hive, that would cut down on the creation process quite a lot. unless you are strictly keen on producing all the models yourselves, would say for the SD version, because there are so many available models it shouldn't really take that much time.

For installation, or "downloading" the SD and HD version can be split apart from eachother.

The structure of the maps and the cutcenes are the same, so swapping models around and whatnot shouldn't be a big deal.

Level 4
I can't get enough of playing Wc2, maybe even play this historical version for PC more than Wc3 itself, it is always an immense nostalgia to take a night to entertain myself in a Wc2 single-player.
But currently, being able to play it inside Wc3 and with HD-Reforged graphics has been a very good innovative experience. I went back these days to try some campaigns with Reforged and to play the test map, I can't see any more severe criticisms of this great work, everything indicates that we will have a beautiful project for Wc3, after its conclusion.
I'm looking forward to release at least the Test Map for W.E., making editions available for new works, it will be possible for the community to customize it to their own tastes and contribute even more to new users to be attracted by Warcraft Reforged, due to the MOD presenting a differentiated game mode, the COTSW team reached a gameplay very close to the reality of Wc2, with its unlocking we can have different Wc2 maps created by the public.
It will be good for unlocking cameras, allowing anyone interested in the standard use of Zoom Wc3 and for editions of AI and O.E.

As for the MOD itself. I have only one consideration that I believe to be decisive. I think there is still a very big deficiency in the AI-Naval part in its coding, currently there is a good coordination between the priorities of buildings and development of ground or aerial units within its Script-Building, but I believe it will be a very big challenge for Naval AI to be carried out within the standards of Wc3, perhaps creating shipyards to create boats that collect oil on oil platforms in the middle of the water, is not a very difficult task, nor even creating battle vessels for the computer to perform good attacks on coastal areas or naval conflicts.
But creating vessels to “transport” units, will be a work of coding that I believe is still very far from the dynamics of Wc2, artificial intelligence will need to collect the units for different vessels and still transport them within a certain time to distant islands or coastal regions either to just harass enemy areas or to land their units in order to also create expansions in the search for gold. I am not so optimistic that this will work so dynamically within the WC3 system.

Last edited:
Level 4
Here to comment so i can leave 5 star review. Campaign is wonderful and im super pumped to play the resat of it when it is released :)

Quick notes

Mission 1 was a little ambiguous and the triggers a little wonky. It is the only mission that took me more than 1 try to beat as i was a little confused as to what to do. of the 4 missions, i found it to be the weakest. Beyond mission 1 everything else was spectacular.

some descriptions were inconsistent with each other. Cant remember specific ones rn but things like abilities being described differently in production facilities vs their description on unit ect

Oil tankers... I love how you handled it. However, its clunky... something happens sometimes where a tanker wont return oil to a specific refinery. not sure the source of that bug, but anyway... I love how you handled it, but i betcha if you reduce the collision size of tankers they'll run more smoothly.

level 4 was probs one of the most cathartic experiences i've had playing wc3 EVER thank you for letting me straight up slaughter the humans :)

thats it. wonderful job. will def play the finished product when available

Here to comment so i can leave 5 star review. Campaign is wonderful and im super pumped to play the resat of it when it is released :)

Quick notes

Mission 1 was a little ambiguous and the triggers a little wonky. It is the only mission that took me more than 1 try to beat as i was a little confused as to what to do. of the 4 missions, i found it to be the weakest. Beyond mission 1 everything else was spectacular.

some descriptions were inconsistent with each other. Cant remember specific ones rn but things like abilities being described differently in production facilities vs their description on unit ect

Oil tankers... I love how you handled it. However, its clunky... something happens sometimes where a tanker wont return oil to a specific refinery. not sure the source of that bug, but anyway... I love how you handled it, but i betcha if you reduce the collision size of tankers they'll run more smoothly.

level 4 was probs one of the most cathartic experiences i've had playing wc3 EVER thank you for letting me straight up slaughter the humans :)

thats it. wonderful job. will def play the finished product when available
Luckily we can say that those missions are quite transformed by this point, not just gameplay, but triggers, voice acting etc.
So whatever you saw and thought was mediocre is quite improved now... can't wait to release it all!

Level 4
Luckily we can say that those missions are quite transformed by this point, not just gameplay, but triggers, voice acting etc.
So whatever you saw and thought was mediocre is quite improved now... can't wait to release it all!
cant wait to play it :)

Level 2
since classic games team is disbanded by blizzard. so whats the future of ur proejct? Its unliekly they will add custom campgns. There are no wc3 updates since october when blizzard closed classic games department

We are keep on working. In worst case we will release it map by map. That ofc will be inefficient in terms of fielsize. Or maybe community will create some walkaround for campaigns feature.

Upd, we have info from former blizz employee that custom campaign feature was in progress, and the fact that blizz changed the team for classic games doesn't meant that updates for warcraft 3 will stop.

Last edited:
Level 1
I read reviews of many users who managed to study the Demo, including from the user Goffterdom (on page 8). All in all, I see one common complaint - boring Zul'jin. I myself cannot appreciate his skills, because I'm just glad that I can finally play for this character, even if he has no skills at all.

But I'll show you something, maybe it will inspire you. In the previous WoW add-on - "Battle for Azeroth", there was a new system called "Expeditions", which allowed sailing to small islands, many of which were a reference to the second war. So, on this island, non-player characters fought against the players, who had an improved AI, which partially resembled real players.

And one of those enemy characters was a Forest Troll named "Berserker Zar'ri" which was a direct reference to "Zul'Jin"!

You can read her skills on Wowhead, namely: "Berserking" (increases the rate of fire and damage), "Taz'dingo!" (immortality for a few seconds), "Throw Axe" (An axe that bounces to other targets on impact) and "Twin Cleave" (axes that reduce the movement speed of enemies).

Berserker Zar'ri

Level 34
I read reviews of many users who managed to study the Demo, including from the user Goffterdom (on page 8). All in all, I see one common complaint - boring Zul'jin. I myself cannot appreciate his skills, because I'm just glad that I can finally play for this character, even if he has no skills at all.

But I'll show you something, maybe it will inspire you. In the previous WoW add-on - "Battle for Azeroth", there was a new system called "Expeditions", which allowed sailing to small islands, many of which were a reference to the second war. So, on this island, non-player characters fought against the players, who had an improved AI, which partially resembled real players.

And one of those enemy characters was a Forest Troll named "Berserker Zar'ri" which was a direct reference to "Zul'Jin"!

You can read her skills on Wowhead, namely: "Berserking" (increases the rate of fire and damage), "Taz'dingo!" (immortality for a few seconds), "Throw Axe" (An axe that bounces to other targets on impact) and "Twin Cleave" (axes that reduce the movement speed of enemies).

Berserker Zar'ri
HotS Zul'jin's abilities could be replicated too : p

Level 1
HotS Zul'jin's abilities could be replicated too : p

Of course. But it sounds somehow very difficult, and does not really fit into RTS, too strong and dynamic skills. Then you need to make "Berserk" was the 5th skill, initially the hero at the first level, and press the "D" key. And make an ultimate skill that will not allow the Hero to drop his health below one during its action. It sounds not easy at all, so I suggested looking at the light version. :3

Level 2
Very good campaign I liked it a lot, the cinematics, story models, the extra content, everything is amazing, cant wait to see more.

The only thing I found a bit weird is that Zul'jin was talking about honor right after killing human peasants, farmers, women, children... and Forest Trolls never were a "muh honor" race like orcs, which is why maybe it would have fit better for Rend to say it (orcs use the word honor in a different way like the glory of battle and stuff related to it), the trolls who care about honor, morals and these things are Zandalari and Darkspear. This is not a huge problem but is the only thing that clicked on me and said "what are you talking about Zul'jin"

I also have a question, will this mod have Warcraft II ost in future? like right now it plays warcraft III orc theme when you are playing the campaign

Good luck and going to follow this project because its truly good

Last edited:
Level 2
This is so magnificent! That's how Blizzard should have done the WC3 campaign in reforged with same level of new things introduction!
All models are really great! And it's dubbed! Jesus...

Can't wait for more and human campaign as well!

Level 2
Hello guys. I can see that you are using the WoW Chronicles to change the story. And whats more worse is that its just a remake, not a new campaign itself.
I suggest that you make a new original campaign instead of a remake. Dont be lazy.

Level 2
^what the fuck
He is right. These map makers are very lazy. This campaign lacks 'originality'.
3d Models: slightly modified versions of wc3 Reforged models = Lazy work
Story: Retconned wc2 story made for retarded WoW fans (not a good idea) = Lazy/terrible work
Content: only 4 maps lol = lazy work
Gameplay: Boring
tldr, this will be my review for this map. Generally my reviews contain depth, but this map doesnt deserve a good review.
Its an 'asset flip'. End of story.

Level 23
Story: Retconned wc2 story made for retarded WoW fans (not a good idea) = Lazy/terrible work
tldr, this will be my review for this map. Generally my reviews contain depth, but this map doesnt deserve a good review.
To hate Reforged so much that you would purposely give 1/5 stars to projects that use Reforged graphics doesn't seem really fair.
upload_2021-2-12_10-10-42.png

"Private secrets"

Level 11

I genuinely loathe the bloated mess that is current WoW storyline, but calling its fanbase "retarded" deserves a kick in the pants. In fact, many WoW fans dislike the changes made to the game's original lore, but appreciate some of the good additions. To be a "fan" does not mean to be blind and oblivious to bad things.

It also does not mean you have to insult other people's projects that don't adhere to your vision, by the way...

So far, the plot in this campaign does not seem to suffer from any WoW retcon atrocities (such as Med'an). In fact, most of the stuff included from post-WC3 timeline is purely flavor and does not dramatically alter the story. However, I wish the creators gave more depth to the characters. So far, they just feel like "hero units". That "Urok Scratcher" guy does not seem to have an opinion of his own, and the presence of Blackhand's son in every mission adds little to the story.

As for new models being "slightly modified" Reforged assets: put on your glasses, you're in for a surprise. Most of the buildings have been made completely from scratch, there's a plethora of new props, structures and units that required more effort than stitching together a few polygons from Lemon Sky's models. Again, I'm not a fan of this visual style, but I would never insult the makers of this campaign by calling them "lazy".

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
I genuinely loathe the bloated mess that is current WoW storyline, but calling its fanbase "retarded" deserves a kick in the pants. In fact, many WoW fans dislike the changes made to the game's original lore, but appreciate some of the good additions. To be a "fan" does not mean to be blind and oblivious to bad things.

It also does not mean you have to insult other people's projects that don't adhere to your vision, by the way...

So far, the plot in this campaign does not seem to suffer from any WoW retcon atrocities (such as Med'an). In fact, most of the stuff included from post-WC3 timeline is purely flavor and does not dramatically alter the story. However, I wish the creators gave more depth to the characters. So far, they just feel like "hero units". That "Urok Scratcher" guy does not seem to have an opinion of his own, and the presence of Blackhand's son in every mission adds little to the story.

As for new models being "slightly modified" Reforged assets: put on your glasses, you're in for a surprise. Most of the buildings have been made completely from scratch, there's a plethora of new props, structures and units that required more effort than stitching together a few polygons from Lemon Sky's models. Again, I'm not a fan of this visual style, but I would never insult the makers of this campaign by calling them "lazy".

it's a burner account lol just ignore it

Level 2
Why is @tulee reading the private messages on my profile page and some other people do not want me to give my opinion? This is against human rights.
I have a right to privacy and freedom of expression, if you want me to lose my human rights bz i am not a foolish WoW fan then you are evil.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Why is @tulee reading the private messages on my profile page and some other people do not want me to give my opinion? This is against human rights.
I have a right to privacy and freedom of expression, if you want me to lose my human rights bz i am not a foolish WoW fan then you are evil.

you have your rights to say what we want, we also have our rights to laugh at your statements

edit: also @Evilhog imagine his shock when he sees the Re-Reforged Campaign lol

Last edited:
I played through all four maps and loved it keep it help!

I sorry but I have to disagree with you. Though the maps keep the base map design when you look at them side by side with Warcraft 2, there are visional difference. they added things to the maps that I feel give more depth on each map and the objectives you had to complete, plus adding new things that were not even there in the first place. Go play the first 4 missions of the Orcs side of Tides of darkness (you can by it on gog.com here is a link to it -15% Warcraft II Battle.net Edition on GOG.com) there are both visual and gameplay differences. So the Creator's are not lazy. Laziness is exactly what your review is. You did not seem to take the time or effort to fully look at the campaign and look at the original made for warcraft II, if you had your review would not have come across as insulting the Creator's. Insulting is what blizzard did and continues to do in some ways, and in a way you have done the exact same thing.

I played through all four maps and loved it keep it help!

I sorry but I have to disagree with you. Though the maps keep the base map design when you look at them side by side with Warcraft 2, there are visional difference. they added things to the maps that I feel give more depth on each map and the objectives you had to complete, plus adding new things that were not even there in the first place. Go play the first 4 missions of the Orcs side of Tides of darkness (you can by it on gog.com here is a link to it -15% Warcraft II Battle.net Edition on GOG.com) there are both visual and gameplay differences. So the Creator's are not lazy. Laziness is exactly what your review is. You did not seem to take the time or effort to fully look at the campaign and look at the original made for warcraft II, if you had your review would not have come across as insulting the Creator's. Insulting is what blizzard did and continues to do in some ways, and in a way you have done the exact same thing.

Never feed the trolls :goblin_boom:

Level 1
As someone who grew up playing warcraft 1 and 2 religiously, this campaign was so much fun! The added lore and and the changes to the maps and missions seriously feels like a brand new game and I enjoyed the first four missions immensely.

The only criticisms I have are:

1) the voice acting can be a wee bit cringy at times and the written script a little, dare say, neck beardy? Some things don't really need reiteration and some lines feel ridiculously formal for the context of the conversation. I did LOVE taking the original scroll dialogue before a mission and turning it into a conversation between Rend and Utok before the missions though. Also, the trolls have a tendency to go in and our of accent which can really pull away from the experience at times. I get that it's an amateur production. I also know how hard voice work can be. I think some things need tweaking and I know they're not finalized. Just things to consider.

2) one of the biggest pet peeves I had with warcraft 3 vs. warcraft 2 was how clumpy war 3 was and the loss of so much space in comparison to war 2. In war 2 a base could truly be a monstrous thing where as war 3 really reigned in a lot of the space for texture and doodads. I appreciate that you're using war 3 to make this and can't change that, but it would be nice to have more of a blank canvas at the beginning of missions, like 3 and 4, where we don't have to build around game designer features. While starting with three pig farms and a watchtower are nice, they're right in the middle of the primary base build and it makes for a really congested base foundation right from the get go in comparison to the tree line and the fountain of health.

3) ocean warfare I knew was gonna be a massive overhaul and I'm sure a challenge for the creators. The only bug I encountered is sometimes the oil tankers can't drop off oil at any shipyard, it has to be the last one built I think. Also, it can be a little confusing where you can build vs. where you can't. This makes them somewhat hard to defend since you can't use just any coastline like in warcraft 2.

4) the ranged units are a little overpowered in comparison to the melee units. On my third playthrough of the fourth map, I literally only used axe throwers because it felt like a waste to use grunts even at all. Might need a little tweaking.

Overall though I think the aesthetic, design, and overall presentation is amazing and a dream come true. It really is awesome to get to experience warcraft 2 all over again. I personally always felt it was the best game out of the entire warcraft franchise. Thank you for doing such an undertaking and I can't wait to play the completed game. I hope we get a human tutorial map soon. Always loved the horde but I'm dying to get to see some of the human mechanics in action. Also, are you guys going use the original music from the second game or are you recomposing the tracks?

2) one of the biggest pet peeves I had with warcraft 3 vs. warcraft 2 was how clumpy war 3 was and the loss of so much space in comparison to war 2. In war 2 a base could truly be a monstrous thing where as war 3 really reigned in a lot of the space for texture and doodads.
I have too agree. I use to make my bases almost inter-connected between 3 gold mines, it drove my friends who played it up the wall. as it force them to attack all 3 bases at once or be out flanked, course we only played on maps we made our saves though haha

Level 3
It's an awesome Demo
First of all I would like to thank you with all my heart, you are bringing back a game that was a before and after for me.

In chapter 1: Everything is quite correct although the main cinematic should be closer, this chapter is an introductory chapter and the close-up camera would help us to better engage with the character and introduce us to the story.

In chapter 2: The rescue of Zul'jin I was delighted with a small enjoyment of this mission and you have nailed it to perfection, although the final cinematic should be closer to better establish the conversation between them. and not so aerial.

In chapter 3: I was delighted that you rescued the oil resource, although I have missed a bar that indicates how much oil we have accumulated.

In Chapter 4: In this chapter I have had more problems than that. normal in cinematics due to the fps drops they suffer, normally in the previous ones all. Cinematics have bugs that can be fixed without problem, but in this one it shows too much and it gets to bother breaking the game experience. In the final cinematic we can see how the Magistrate is shot down and then finished off, the problem is that his blood comes out before the final blow, it would be very good if the blood did not come out until now, otherwise everything is fine.

In general and in summary I have loved it, I hope a lot from you and because of you I am installing Warcraft II hahahahaha, I would like with all my heart that this project was on the right track, as I would also like you to make the alliance version in the future . Thank you with all my heart again, I will closely follow your project. If you ever need help around the Lore of warcraft, here is a Loremaster who can help you.

THANK YOU KEEP SO!

Level 1
I don't know if it was just me, but when downloading the archive, each of the maps weren't in their own folders (e.g. Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc.). The instructions were also unclear to me and I did not understand I had to create them.

Without those folders in ...\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download\Chronicles of the Second War Tides of Darkness Demo, going into the Single Player > Custom Game and then trying to launch the maps resulted in 'error' at the 'custom game launch' screen.

If possible, I suggest either making the archive have those folders in the file structure (such that it is easy for the user to simply 'extract' the archive into the appropriate place) or make the directions more clear on what to do. I have taken the liberty to create some amended instructions for both that will be more clear (at least to English speakers/readers) to first time users and save some frustration and time combing through the discord and forums.

Instructions 1 (Presuming Chapter folders are in the archive)
1. Download the archive
2. Extract the archive into ...\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download\
3. Launch WC3 Reforged
4. Click Single Player
5. Click Custom Game
6. Navigate to Download
7. Navigate to 'Chronicles of the Second War Tides of Darkness Demo'
8. Open the Chapter folder you want to play
9. Enjoy

Instructions 2 (Presuming Chapter folders are not in the archive
1. Download the archive
2. Extract the archive into ...\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download\
3. In the ...\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download\Chronicles of the Second War Tides of Darkness Demo\ folder, create a folder for each map called 'Chapter 1', 'Chapter 2', etc. for each map
4. Launch WC3 Reforged
5. Click Single Player
6. Click Custom Game
7. Navigate to Download
8. Navigate to 'Chronicles of the Second War Tides of Darkness Demo'
9. Open the Chapter folder you want to play
10. Enjoy

Level 1
You need a page on social networks that you would be heard.
Little is known about you. You are doing an amazing project. You will be supported.
I would like to read the news in a better place than YouTube and discover amazing images.
Links in channel information are not copied from the phone. Images do not open. It's a little sad.
I am not a regular guest on your site. And I can't be. Ideally, Facebook will do. It has automatic translation. For foreigners. And somewhere else.
I created an account here to write this. And that's all.

Level 1
Hey ! Currently playing the 3rd chapter... it's been impressive thus far but there's something confusing... the first chapter has a pretty simple map layout: just one wolf lair and those couple of humans to kill. Also, I only have to amass 15k gold and 15k lumber... I saw on YouTube for both WTii and Nobbel87 that they have a different version of the map, there are also polar bears, generally more stuff to explore.. is it because they play on Hard ? How can I do that too ? I don't think it was mentioned anywhere.. sorry for nooby question :grin:

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 31
Hey ! Currently playing the 3rd chapter... it's been impressive thus far but there's something confusing... the first chapter has a pretty simple map layout: just one wolf lair and those couple of humans to kill. Also, I only have to amass 15k gold and 15k lumber... I saw on YouTube for both WTii and Nobbel87 that they have a different version of the map, there are also polar bears, generally more stuff to explore.. is it because they play on Hard ? How can I do that too ? I don't think it was mentioned anywhere.. sorry for nooby question :grin:
hello there, thank you for trying out the maps, the ones currently on HIVE are the demo maps, while the ones we gave WTii and Nobbel were the polished/final version-ish maps.

Level 1
hello there, thank you for trying out the maps, the ones currently on HIVE are the demo maps, while the ones we gave WTii and Nobbel were the polished/final version-ish maps.
ohh, now I see.. okay, that's cool, I guess more work for them :xxd:

Level 1
Nice demo ! The custom version has better voice acting imo.. can't wait for the full release, I hope we get it soon enough :grin: