Chronicles of the Second War - Updated Demo

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

maptitle-png.385652

WarCraft: Chronicles of the Second War is a recreation of the entire WC2 campaign in the new Reforged engine. The first part to release is the orc campaign "Tides of Darkness". Over the last one and a half years, we have worked on the script, hundreds of models and assets, the missions and much more. Since custom campaigns for WC3 are still not released, we worked with the Quenching team to bring you the new missions of Act I in their own campaign feature.

HOW TO INSTALL?
Notes:
✦ Using this the Campaign Installer could reset your vanilla campaign progress.
✦ Do not EVER have your WIP not backed-up files (models, maps etc.) directly in WC3 Installation folder regardless of using this mod.
✦ If you're using Quenching Mod: get the latest version, disable custom models, textures and terrain (QM is not required to play the campaign).

1. Download our Campaign File (for English only). For dubbed versions click on the fitting flag at the bottom of the page INSTEAD (all following steps remain the same regardless of language).
(suggested in WC3 documents folder: C:\OneDrive\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps for example. Do NOT place in WC3 installation folder!)

2. Download our Campaign Installer (for any language), unzip and place it inside the Warcraft III installation folder on your PC.
(default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III)

3. Open the "CSW Installer.exe" and click "Load CSW", it will ask you to select the campaign file.

4. Once the installation is finished, click "Start Game".

5. In the now opened Warcraft III program, navigate to campaigns, our missions will be the last on the list. Enjoy!

FEATURES
✦ Recreation of all WC2 campaign missions

✦ Familiar WC3 gemeplay (while preserving the spirit of WC2)

✦ Lore based script to fill the gaps between the events of WC2 and new lore (only the good parts!)

✦ High quality ingame cinematics for every Act, as well as cutscenes for missions

✦ Full Voice Acting for units and all dialogues, done by a team with great talent and passion

✦ Hundreds of unique models for all Orc Clans, Human Kingdoms, Dwarf Clans, High Elves and much, much more

MEDIA
Follow us on YouTube to see all videos and trailers: LoreCraft Designs

PLAYTHROUGHS

CREDITS & OTHER
Full Credits
Project Hive Forum

Do not modify the campaign or maps in any way.
We are making the finished and polished assets available for all on Hive and only require to give credit for those.

Known issues:
- Lip sync in cutscenes is currently off.

DUBBING / TRANSLATION

Contents

Second War - Tides of Darkness (Campaign)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
I've already had the honor of trying this campaign, so I can safely say without a doubt that I approve it & look forward to seeing its further development! A job well done!
Level 1
Nice demo ! The custom version has better voice acting imo.. can't wait for the full release, I hope we get it soon enough :grin:

That update was amazing! Great work!! Does the interlude cinematic work? cause it didnt for me I dont know if its supossed to be that way or I did something wrong...
The Interlude file is the trick from Quenching guys to unlock the map buttons and trigger first mission to launch. It is just a map with campaign logo.

Level 6
I followed the instructions and managed to get it to work, sorta, but the sound is... uh, like static noise. I want to be more helpful but I don't know how else to describe it. Something is wrong with the noise basically.

Edit: nevermind, as soon as I tried to recreate the problem just now while recording my screen... it worked. Lol.

Last edited:
Update 23-Aug-2021: We have now released the polished missions 1 to 4 as a campaign, made possible with the Quenching Mod.
I don't know if this is my own problem yet, but I think the quenching mod or the w3n installer of the mod would import every campaign file to every single map, that makes the map too big to open.

Level 1
User warned for flaming
Hey you fucks,your csw installer completly wiped my wc3,all is gone my saves campaign progress the mods i had wich were file based and placed in the retail folder and quenching wont work anymore too will probably need to reinstall it,wtf

anyone had this happen?
or know how to fix ,does the install er make some sort of back up?
im pissed

Level 2
Hi, I've played through your demo twice now. Before saying anything else, I just wanted to say thank you. I've wanted this mod ever since Warcraft 3 first came out as I played so much WC2 as a kid. What you've accomplished is tremendous. I hope there's more one day but even if not I got to play 4 incredible missions. The amount of detail that's gone into everything about this. I never thought I'd see such a high quality 3D adaptation of these classic buildings. Easter eggs everywhere you clearly have a passion for the lore from the Warcraft universe. I'd trust you over modern Blizzard for this project any day, it is professional quality. Here are some miscellaneous notes/thoughts:

• [*]I did some digging and couldn't validate whether Rend Blackhand or the BTG Clan were part of this part of the campaign. I know they were utilized later to chase down the renegade Gul'Dan. Everything is so lore accurate I was just curious if some of the material I haven't read (chronicle/Rise of the Horde) had actually put him leading the efforts against Zul'Dare/Hillsbrad. Regardless even if using him there is artistic license I enjoyed playing with the character. I love that you brought in the Doomsaw from UBRS and really made it look like a Blackrock Weapon.
    [*]The BTG Clan Orcs look menacing and great with different armor. I never totally understood that clan but I like envisioning them as just tougher, more juiced up grunts. There's so much potential for differentiation of the clans, bringing in some WoD elements I look forward to seeing all the rest. For the default grunts that you build out of the Barracks that wield a hammer I will say I prefer the traditional image of the Axe-wielding Grunt over the hammer but that's just my personal preference. I believe I recognize that hammer model from Drak'thuls fallen second war Orcs so it certainly has some justification.
    [*]Utok is a pretty cool idea as an avatar of the player character. I like that his model is looking at blueprints you can definitely envision him as the sort of Garrison Commander/Architect and general administrative type. I assume he is made up? The equivalent role in WC1 would have been Doomhammer himself as I understand, did they ever make the WC2 "commander" into canon? Playing with him as a unit was kind of average... I didn't use him at all the first time but I tried to use him on the second play through as I've been working on some micro and at this point in the game there's not many abilities to manage. I found a use for him as a source of magic damage (the only at this point) against all the heavy armor types. I think it would be more fun if you could use him to heal other units with his ability. He spent most of the mission oom though. Giving him the telescope feels great and is perfect for the character.
    [*]I failed the signal fire event the first time and had to restart that mission, I think I was distracted when the trigger went off then when I was looking for it I got confused with the signal fire being basically at my base- would it make sense to have the signal fire at the top of the map as the payoff for fighting through the human camps?
    [*]Awesome that you fight human model archers earlier on, before the elves have offered their troops.
    [*]The trolls just looking and feeling great, especially Zul'jin, man gameplay is a huge step up when you get him and suddenly have more abilities to use. Having him and Rend running around it feels so good. The Darkspear were ok in WC3 I just miss the forest trolls. Just classic, awesome horde (contrast to modern WoW). Can't wait for the Ogres and goblins to join up.
    [*]The banter about Murlocs. Yep. Loled
I never thought I would savor a "build 4 farms" mission so much but I took my time with these stretched them out to enjoy every minute of it. You guys are awesome keep it up and thank you.

Can I play with Mac OS ? or only exe version exists?
Henlo, Quenching itself is designed for Windows, same with the campaign installer .exe they provided to us.
However they have a guide on how to install Quenching to MacOS (Parallels being one of them, if you're familiar with it). As this is a demo still, we will ask later if a new guide can be made.

Level 1
Henlo, Quenching itself is designed for Windows, same with the campaign installer .exe they provided to us.
However they have a guide on how to install Quenching to MacOS (Parallels being one of them, if you're familiar with it). As this is a demo still, we will ask later if a new guide can be made.
thx for the answer !

Level 5
Hey guys, long time no see.

I refunded Reforged a while ago because of no custom campaigns (the main reason I bought it). I am thinking of rebuying it because this looks amazing as hell.

Level 1
Hi , also cannot get it to work. I played the first version of the demo and it worked ok. Now I tried to install this updated version, and get the same as some others have said here: when put in a custom game, and found the right map file, it just says 'error'. When trying to run the installer after loading the correct map/file (also tried loading from desktop and is the same)... it loads a for a short while... gets to something like orc4... then it just stops and nothing happens. Any ideas about getting it to work? really would like to play this updated version. thx

Last edited:
Level 2
Even with Quenching Mod install I keep getting the error message when I open the game

Level 18
Even with Quenching Mod install I keep getting the error message when I open the game
Did you read the following notice below:
CSW Installation Guide.jpg

Currently, the mod has been updated (1.7), so it is best to download the latest one.
After that, disable all features and play this campaign without Quenching Mod.

Level 2
Did you read the following notice below:
View attachment 393125
Currently, the mod has been updated (1.7), so it is best to download the latest one.
After that, disable all features and play this campaign without Quenching Mod.
I have indeed done all thoses things and nothing works its the same with mathias chronicles and war of thornes.. funny enough exodus of the Horde revamp and the other champaigns from that series works without problems. I dunno if it has something do with that the champaing maps I cant play is a W3N file and the revamps are W3X files?

Last edited:
Level 2
I have some question about installation. I must install these with only CSW installer as you noticed?
or can I do with Quenching Mod's Campaign Installer?

Level 18
I have some question about installation. I must install these with only CSW installer as you noticed?
or can I do with Quenching Mod's Campaign Installer?
If your Reforged has Quenching Mod installed, then once you've installed this campaign, go to Quenching Mod and turn off the custom models/textures.
You don't need this mod since this campaign has been made with Reforged models/textures from Blizzard (not from third-party).

Level 2
Hello everyone, first post for me !
I am so so glad you made this mod. Unfortunatly, the french translation link seems not to work for me.
Although, if you need any help for the french translation, feel free to send me the english text that have to be translated !

Hey so sorry need help how to operate the instaler to play this campaign

HOW TO INSTALL?
Notes:
✦ Using this the Campaign Installer could reset your vanilla campaign progress.
✦ Do not EVER have your WIP not backed-up files (models, maps etc.) directly in WC3 Installation folder regardless of using this mod.
✦ If you're using Quenching Mod: get the latest version, disable custom models, textures and terrain (QM is not required to play the campaign).

1. Download our Campaign File (for English only). For dubbed versions click on the fitting flag at the bottom of the page INSTEAD (all following steps remain the same regardless of language).
(suggested in WC3 documents folder: C:\OneDrive\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps for example. Do NOT place in WC3 installation folder!)

2. Download our Campaign Installer (for any language), unzip and place it inside the Warcraft III installation folder on your PC.
(default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III)

3. Open the "CSW Installer.exe" and click "Load CSW", it will ask you to select the campaign file.

4. Once the installation is finished, click "Start Game".

5. In the now opened Warcraft III program, navigate to campaigns, our missions will be the last on the list. Enjoy!

Which point specifically?

Level 1
Heya, so I am a bit confused. Created this account just to ask this question, pardon if its been asked already, but been sifting for awhile now.

The how to install says that quenching mod is not required to play this mod.

However, in an update, someone mentions that the demo missions 1-4 were made available as a campaign "made possible by quenching mod"

So which is it? Do I need quenching mod or not to play these missions as a campaign? (Specifically as a campaign mind, not loading each individually)

Thanks! Incredibly excited to play the final version whenever that's done =)

Level 6
Heya, so I am a bit confused. Created this account just to ask this question, pardon if its been asked already, but been sifting for awhile now.

The how to install says that quenching mod is not required to play this mod.

However, in an update, someone mentions that the demo missions 1-4 were made available as a campaign "made possible by quenching mod"

So which is it? Do I need quenching mod or not to play these missions as a campaign? (Specifically as a campaign mind, not loading each individually)

Thanks! Incredibly excited to play the final version whenever that's done =)
As far I know, the only way to play this as a "proper" campaign is through quenching mod. Though mind you, quenching mod is a WIP and the language barrier can make it somewhat awkward to learn and use. Loading each map from the world editor might not be ideal, but imo it doesn't detract that much from the experience.