• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
maptitle-png.385652

Chronicles of the Second War:
Tides of Darkness
Relive the events of Warcraft II orc campaign, reimagined in Reforged engine.
Experience rich lore from the events of the Second War, based on classic games and novels.
Enjoy the gameplay that merges best features of WC2 and WC3, through RTS and RPG missions.
Explore mysterious places and conquer mighty cities with beautifully crafted terrain and decorations.

fade-seperator-png.362941

*** Installation Guide for Windows OS***
ActionVisual Clue
This campaign is available for those who have purchased a copy of "Warcraft III: Reforged": https://warcraft3.blizzard.com/ latest version 1.36.1
If you have the Demo version of CSW (circa 2020) installed - delete it and clean up the retail folder from its assets
Make sure your game settings are set HD reforged graphics
Download the campaign file
Put campaign file into C:/User/Documents/Warcraft3/Campaigns/
f8c391e5-7ff3-4be1-ade5-568d894dee0e-png.457961
Download installer Asset Installer
Put installer into Warcraft 3 folder where Game Launcher.exe is placed
1c02d8c8-ab64-49a6-98d6-f9ed69e65ee2-png.457962
Download asset pack Asset Pack
Run CSW Installer.exe as Administrator
f67e04c2-61a0-45a6-865e-d2b198161ef4-png.457966
Click button “Load Resource” - pick the Asset Pack
17def230-db66-4f7c-a2bf-117548de70ef-png.457963
Wait till the archive is unpacked
Reboot your PC
Launch "Wacraft III: Reforged" game
Go to “Single Player” → “Custom Campaign”
d37efbc2-827a-4f7b-8b33-e2fae4daac4c-png.457965
Play the game.
Remember that Campaign works only in HD (Reforged graphics) game settings.
The Campaign is not compatible with Quenching mod.

If textures were not applied after installation of asset pack - reinstall assets one more time.
b2474263-8d30-4e41-bf5a-ff4cc2b07f28-png.457964

*** Installation Guide for MAC OS***
ActionVisual Clue
This campaign is available for those who have purchased a copy of "Warcraft III: Reforged": https://warcraft3.blizzard.com/ latest version 1.36.1
Put campaign file into folder for campaign in MAC OS
Right click on the TOD_Campaign_Assets.csw file and open with Archive Utility.
Unzip the Asset Pack as you would a zip file into the retail folder within the Reforged installation directory.
Open the terminal and enter the following exactly:
defaults write "com.blizzard.Warcraft III" "Allow Local Files" -int 1
If texture issues persist after the above steps, try restarting the machine.
Play the game.

If textures were not applied after installation of asset pack - reinstall assets one more time.

*** Installation Guide for Linux OS***
ActionVisual Clue
Put campaign file into folder for campaign in Linux OS
Follow the following guide but for Warcraft 3 Reforged: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxet_LLQIwE&t=424s
This runs Reforged under Steam's emulation layer
Unzip the Asset Pack as you would a zip file into the retail folder within the Reforged installation directory
The tricky part is finding your "home" directory where you put your custom campaigns. In one user's case (agibsonccc) the filepath was the following:
/home/agibsonccc/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/2542504305/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/Warcraft III/Campaigns
The way proton works is you have steam and then an "appid" followed by a "prefix". The appid is basically a mapping to a "game" you specify in the left side in steam. That's wine's root directory. drive_c is C: then from there the paths should be the same.
If texture issues persist after the above steps, try restarting the machine.
Play the game.

Features
17 Missions packed with captivating gameplay

5 hours of Cinematics capturing and expanding on important lore moments

Lore conveyed through immersing gameplay, bringing you back into WC2 era

Voice Acting for over 1500 lines, from unit quotes to cinematics

Soundtrack recreating original Warcraft II music, made by talented artists

Heroes & Characters introduced through gameplay and cameos

Oil Resource system from classic Warcraft II, for immersive naval experience

Boss Battles with engaging and challenging mechanics inspired by World of Warcraft

Recommended PC Requirements
HardwareValue
Operating SystemWindows 10 64-bit (latest version)
ProcessorIntel Core i7
VideoGTX 1080
Memory32GB
Storage3GB (for campaign files)

Known Issues
Place - ScopeBugPriority for fix in next patchesComment
1GlobalSometimes Oil UI Warning messages can be played during cinematicsMediumNeed to investigate jass oil script and fix it.
2Chapter Nine: Razing of Tyrs HandEnemy AI doesnt send troops via transports to attack player.Medium
3Chapter Eleven: Quel’ThalasTroll camp AI might work weird. It has to be rewritten to JASS instead of GUI.Medium
4Chapter Ten: StratholmeMounted Gul’dan model has issues with facial animations. Probably need to rework model form scratch.Medium
5Chapter Ten: StratholmeEnemy Naval AI is not attacking playerMediumRequire a lot of effort on investigating AI script and testing.
6GlobalUpon Loading Saved game, the custom wc2 music list is played over like second layer.Medium
7GlobalBuilding and Unit models willbe updated in next pathces (pkb effects)MediumPKB effect were removed cuz it caused a lot of crashes before 1.36.1
8GlobalSome unit animations and models will be fixed and improvedMedium
9Chapter 13: Tomb of SargarasSometimes Rend Visual Aura Effect (BlackRoll and Roll) is not displayed .Medium
10GlobalGul’dan spell “Inferno” - summoned infernal need to be better balanced.Low
11GlobalCho'gall and Ogre-Magi Spell animation sometimes overlap and duplicate.Low
12GlobalFacial Animations are not stable in the maps that have a lot of dialogues.LowThe problem is that faceanim sometimes doesnt work for unknown reasons, and dev need to manually try another faceanim. Change and testing takes a lot of time.
13GlobalItems that need custom models:
  • Mana potion
  • earth elemental summoning token
Low
14GlobalMelee unit can attack enemy unit that is standing on the wall, no matter how big difference in Z axis is.LowMelee Attack in game enginge doesnt take into account Z axis. In order to fix this, the additional pathing blockers has to be palced. Tedious and time consuming work that could delay release for many weeks.
15GlobalSometimes Air units can go through models of high towers.LowThis reuqires tedious rework of pathing blockers in some missions.
16Lost Chapter: DragonqueenThe goblin motor boat damage flames are disappearing when Zuluhed dismounts from it.LowestHard to identify the reason why it happens.
17GlobalCho'gall In-game text transmissions missing line breaks.Lowest
18GlobalFPS drops in some cutscenes that have panorama viewIMPOSSIBLE TO FIXThe team didnt have the knowledge about some limitations, but we wanted to make some beautiful shots.
19GlobalOn the loading screen map can crash because of incorrect texture decompression.
Walkaround - restart the mission.
IMPOSSIBLE TO FIXBlizzard Bug
20GlobalWhen the Peon which carry resourse is switched to another Building Construction set, the resource he carry is lost.IMPOSSIBLE TO FIXThe game engine limitations doesnt allow to fix this bug.
21GlobalUnits that don’t have Facial Animations:
  • Goblin Zeppelin
  • Gangrel
  • Fanatic
  • Twilight Peon
  • Cho'gall
IMPOSSIBLE TO FIXThose units are using soundkits of the beasts and mechanisms, whose sounds were replced in import manager. And they don’t have the needed facefx.

Credits

Click here for full credits list.

"Huge thank you to everyone who supported us, helped us, believed in us.
We hope this campaign was fun to play. Stay tuned for upcoming sequel
Chronicles of the Second War - Rise of the Alliance."
- LoreCraft Designs team

Translation / Dubbing

Changelog

Patch v1.03 29/Jan/2024)

Hotfix v1.02 11/Jan/2024)

Hotfix v1.01 09/Jan/2024)

Previous Version Savegames will not be loadable.
Acts now are visible for the first playthrough for the blocked players if they dont want to start from the begining.

Campaign:

• Chogall cinematic walk fix by Fugrim
  • Deathwing Pre-Wow remodeling by Handclaw (model) and Symphoneum (animations) + fixes by VictorZ (animations)
  • Goblin Zeppelin Portait floppy mouth animation fix by Malmgrev
  • Death Knight Death Coil Ability Drain Effect changed to Red Life Drain
  • Death Knight Armor type changed to Small
  • Death Knight HP increased from 400 to 600
  • Human Mage Armor type changed to Small
  • Human Mage HP increased from 400 to 600
  • Dragon armor increased from 0 to 2
  • Gryphon Rider Armor increased from 0 to 2
  • Goblin rockets item damage doubled
Mission 06S:
  • Fixed Alextrasza landing bug in Lost Chapter I: Dragonqueen
  • Decreased the amount of souls to charge the Dragonsoul from 5 to 3
Mission 10:
  • Teron Gorefiend superunit armor type changed to Small and life increased to 1000
Mission 4:
  • Naval AI upgrade level nerfed to 1 on Hard and training pause increased
Mission 5:
  • Naval AI upgrade level nerfed to 1 on Hard and training pause increased
Mission 7:
  • Removed second ballista from Stromgarde Attack Wave on Hard and Normal

Acts now are visible for the first playthrough for the blocked players if they dont want to start from the begining.

Campaign:

• Zeppelin price increased from 500 to 1000 gold
  • Zeppelin build time increased from 20 to 61
  • Zeppelin food cost increased from 1 to 4
  • Pillage rate nerfed
Mission 09:
  • Hold the line defeat condition changed to be more reliable
  • Autokiling zeppelins that reach cinematic area of Tyrs Hand
Mission 11S:
  • Decreased bounty for killing units

Mission 01:

• Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed bug with signal fire completion after failing
Mission 02:
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed sasquatch flying above the cave
Mission 03
  • Naval AI nerfed
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 04:
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed skin for Gilneas Battleship
  • Nerfed naval AI difficulty
  • Placed the fountain of health in the camp
Mission 5:
  • Extended beach for building naval buildings in north part
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Changed drop for jungle monster
  • Naval AI difficulty nerfed
  • Turned off Rain for better performance
Mission 6S:
  • Fix Alextrasza stuck when she goes back
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 7:
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 8:
  • Creeps nerfed
Misison 8S:
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission09:
  • Fixed instant defeat on the last quest Hold the Line
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Archmage is invulnerable now till he starts freezing the lake
Mission 10:
  • Reworked logic of Death Knight Cinematic launch (now no need to wait till all player units are killed near the cathdral)
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 12:
  • Fixed Chogall running away in bossfight phase 2 and 3
  • Fixed Rend disappeared from cache (need to be tested starting form mission 9)
Previews
Contents

CSW campaign Tides of Darkness (Campaign)

Reviews
Archian
We are thrilled to share some news with all of you about Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness, we are happy to announce that it has been officially granted a prestigious Director's Cut rating! This recognition is a testament to the...
Level 9
Hey guys, first of: I cannot put into words, how I have always wanted a campaign like this. I also made a few attempts doing a campaign from the pov of the horde in the second war, but this is beyond my wildest dreams. I will also go so far as to say (and seconding Danym) that this is the best campaign in any RTS I have ever played. I may be sleep deprived and too much into it right now, but this may be the thing to WC3... nah RTS campaign building what BG3 is to RPG games.

I will make a full review after I'm through but right now I wanted to report a bug, which pretty much breaks the game and prevented me from advancing.

In the second phase of the fight with Cho'Gal, he has the tendency to run down to the goldmine, as he isn't blocked by the cliffs. He then stands around there and doesn't come back. Also I wanted to know: in the third phase, his AOE is at some point not survivable anymore, no matter how far you run away from him. Is that intentional? I'm playing this on Hard btw. And one more side note: is it also intentional that Rend doesn't show up in the level (and the next) despite being in the cutscenes?

edit: attached an image. also my workaround for the moment was to whosyourdaddy him, but still it was a really intense fight and quite memorable. well done!

thank you so much for all your work and dedication! absolutely love this and can't wait to finish this.
Yup, I encountered the same thing. The fact Rend Blackhand isn't present when the mission starts will not let you progress beyond the second half of the Cho'gall encounter once you reach that point.

Level 2
Report bug:

Final mission, cross island part.

• Quest says Rend must survive, but not even here, thus u cant control him.
    • After Killing the Archmage, u need to destroy the Violet Citadel, but after destroying it, nothing happens.
    [*]

Level 2
My unit models aren't displaying properly. I'm pretty I followed the installation instructions correctly. Also the main Download link doesn't work at all for me, I had to use the temporary mirrors.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_010724_094512_000.png
    WC3ScrnShot_010724_094512_000.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 53
  • WC3ScrnShot_010724_094343_000.png
    WC3ScrnShot_010724_094343_000.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 51
Level 2
Something broke down in Sargeros tomb mission and one before it, with isles. I have only one blackhand bro with me, Maim evem though sinematics strongly suggest there are two of them.
And chogal fight broke once too, started with no heroes so i could not do anything > reload the checkpoint > same no hero thing > have to redo whole mission.

Campaign is great tho. Only wish units which are visually different and that's great, would differ in stats (yeah, that minor passive on grunts u never use pass 1st couple missions doesnt coun) and not drag back into like 30 years old gameplay concept <_<
The whole 'strat' here goes down to mass ogres and catas in each and every mission, starts to bore pretty fast, or one can build different stuff and being unefficient with still limited resources and wc3 pathfinding...

upd. no rend blackhand in dalaran as well even though he was in cutscene... as well as in mission objectives =_=
upd2. got bugged in dalaran, clean whole map and still have to destroy violet somethin.. had to restar.
upd3. it broke down again in dalaran, now final barriers doesnt removes even though WHOLE map is cleared...

Guess that's as far as it goes and it start being just unplayable in the end.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello. First of all thank you for this campaing, its really great and nostalgic :)
But i have a problem and i cant finish the campaing.
Mission 12, Lost Isles. I have Maim and Zuluhed...........there is no Rend even when he is in cinematics.
Thanks to that i cant finish the mission even when i finished Chogal boss fight only with Maim there is no cutscene triggering, nothing.
Screenshot is from mission start. I tried to restart the mission several times, even reloading cws assets but nothing helped. I even tried to use cheat to skip mission but that does not work too :(
1704721255927.png

Level 2
So after another try i finished the boss fight and im now in next mission Tomb of Sargeras. Still only with Maim and Zuluhed. Rend even have conversation during fights (Spider thing) but he is still missing

Level 2
i dowloaded the campains from here and when i click the downloaded file, it brings up warcraft 3 world editor and its all in white pages giving me [ not responding] status then it tells me to close the program. what must be done to access the campaigns
thank you in advance

Level 3
Great champaign you really put blizzard to shame on this one.

I did however stumble upon a few bugs mainly in the Lost Chapter misson.

The 1st bug was if you enter and leave the boat with Zuluhed after killing the kobolds you cant control the boat anymore and get stuck.
The 2nd bug was after I defeated Alexstrasza on the "score/complete screen" my game would hardcrash to the desktop if i clicked continue or back and I would not have complete the mission.

Edit:
Both of these bugs have been fixed.

Last edited:
Level 2
Great champaign you really put blizzard to shame on this one.

I did however stumble upon a few bugs mainly in the Lost Chapter misson.

The 1st bug was if you enter and leave the boat with Zuluhed after killing the kobolds you cant control the boat anymore and get stuck.
The 2nd bug was after I defeated Alexstrasza on the "score/complete screen" my game would hardcrash to the desktop if i clicked continue or back and I would not have complete the mission.
Good for you, i cant get past Dalaran. Cleared out the entire city but the violet tower in the middle of the map is still invulnerable, and since Lost Isles mission, still no Rend Blackhand

Level 2
Hi, I have problem with textures, some are missing...
View attachment 458431View attachment 458432
I really looking forward to play this, thanks for this!
See:

Level 2
This is absolutely amazing! Do you have an image of the dagger, table and blank scroll you can make available? I'd love to use it on my VTT

Level 1
Bug report: When finishing mission the Dragonqueen mission upon defeating the final boss and finishing the mission it goes to a cutscene, once that it does it presents two options "continue"/"quite" if you hit continue it will take you to the campaign screen, when i hit continue it crashes.

Level 2
Hello and thanks for this campaign that looks awesome !
I'm currently running linux (arch) and I just played the war3 reforged campaign.
I'm using Lutris to launch bnet and install/play war3, any idea how to install this mod on Linux please ?
If it was only w3n file to drop in the right folder it could be easy but since there is the Asset Installer to run (and as administrator) I'm not sure how to do that.
If someone can help please 🙂....

EDIT : Hmm found the folder where Warcraft 3 was installed inside the wine prefix, put the Asset Installer exe here and also the asset file, I added a new program to Lutris, used the same settings used by the Battle.net app and the Asset Installer launched fine, clicked Load Ressource, pointed to the asset file and it unpacked fine without error, but then I opened the game and the campaign launches but there is missing assets, red/white/green textures + missing icons, etc...
So it didn't work ^^
(I've put the campaign file in the document folder before that)

Last edited:
Level 1
I can´t finish seem to finish Chapter 14 - THE FALL OF LORDAERON. i won´t get complete as soon as i kill the Violet Citadel. and i can´t cheat my way through it with allyourbasearebelongtous either.. i would really like to finish this campaign cause it was a really good one!

best regards!

Level 2
First of all, this is a really nice surprise and since i'm french i'm really amazed how clean the french dubbing and translation is, really it's ultra cool :D

The really bad point though (but maybe it come from my machine) is the fact i cant play the Tol Barad mission, when the loading bar is complete and ask me to hit a button to launch the game, my game crash and can't play it.

Level 8
Given that this mod is amazing, and of course free, I am reluctant to criticize it much.

Having said that, I really wish I had been on hand to assist with the dialogue. The voice acting is pretty top tier given that it's a mod, but the pacing is a bit too slow for almost all of it (with a few exceptions of voice actors who talked way too fast, usually voicing human characters for one offs), but what bugs me the most is the language errors. It's nothing so dramatic that any meaning is lost, and I can suffer looking at a comma instead of a full stop, and bad grammar kind of suits orcs, but it really does bug me when Saidan Dathrohan or Anduin Lothar say something that sounds off in English.

I've also had a few crashes but my laptop is trash so hard to really comment. So far, restarting has always resolved it and I haven't had the same crash twice so I don't think I can conclusively say anything about it. Just thought I'd mention it.

Actually, my only real gripe is that even on Story setting the campaign can sometimes be ridiculously difficult. Like, on the Mission in the Northlands where you attack the Wildhammer Clans and recruit the various forest troll tribes, your base is literally attacked CONSTANTLY. The level of micro-management on such a low difficulty was very frustrating. And then later once the Alliance arrives, suddenly there is like 2-3 minutes between attacks even though they are supposed to be the more threatening force. I definintely think there is some unintentional issues going on with difficulties and that mission was the clearest example of it. At this point, I've resorted to cheating regularly for mass resources so I can just sit back and enjoy it like I wanted (which is why I set it to story difficulty) instead of clicking 100 times per second to barely hold my base together and miss all the side quests and bonuses.

Anyway, hope that wasn't too negative. Wouldn't be playing it if it wasn't great. But nothing is perfect and I hope that was helpful information.

Edit: actually, speak of the devil, immediately after making this post I tried to play the next mission and found a game-breaking bug.

In the mission where you attack Tyr's Hand, the mission autofails after the cutscene that follows when you complete the objective to kill the Archmage who froze the water. I tried it several times and it fails before I can even look at the map. It just autofails the second the cutscene ends. Whether I watch the cutscene or skip it doesn't have any effect.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_010924_161756_000.png
    WC3ScrnShot_010924_161756_000.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Level 1
I can't open the first lost chapter, although I open everything in front of it in the sixth chapter and do all the tasks. Maybe this is a mistake? What is the condition for opening this secret mission?

Level 4
WOW. Absolutely amazing. Someone wrote that this is what Blizzard should be doing and i double on this. I cant believe how amazing this is. The amount of work, the details, design, creativity, mission variety, secrets, different subfactions ... i can't even mention everything! This campaign is BEYOND IMMAGINATION!! Thank you!

Few comments:

1.On the mission where the player needs to build 4 oil platforms - if the enemy exhausts some of them the mission should automatically fail. I ended up clearing everything on 3/4 platforms and couldn't build the last one ... meaning restart. Could have ended sooner as to not waste time.

2. One some missions if the player ventures and defeats the enemies before the next main quest is triggered, then sometimes the progress will be on hold and can't proceed to the next objective.

3. The cave mission, part of the secret missions is absurdly gorgeous!!! One of the most beautiful level designs. So much details, the rails, pipes, the dying goblin etc, it is so scenic. One bug that i noticed - if the player boards the boat and then unloads at the same shore, control of the boat is lost and cant progress further.

4. The freezing lake mission - WOW. This is so creative, mind blown so far by almost every mission. The first oil platform next to the base is bugged? or the shipyard is bugged? The ships wont return back to the shipyard and would have to manually move them between the platform and shipyard. Once a refinery is build, issue is gone and they harvest as normally.

5. There is some issue with saving/loading. Sometimes the game would crash if you try to load a game, leaving you with only a fresh start. Not sure why that is and what triggers it. Most of the time it happens if the game is closed and a save is loaded on a new launch, however the same save functioned previously while in-game.

6. On the mission where the player needs to find Gul'Dan, Rend or Dal'Rend starts off with oddly insane stats - health bar that cannot be even displayed and 1024 armor. Seems like a bug. The other heroes are as usual. Also it seems that neutral camps do not provide experience - weird. The attack waves do provide though. I have to mention that I love how the map layout was kept as with the mission from the Elf campaign where Maiev is there, much later.

An item called 'Bonecrusher' is found on one of the small islands at the very south. It appears to have no description, do nothing and is not retained in the next mission. Any idea about that ?

1704908416179.png

7. Catapults. They seem to have either no or close to null splash damage - quite unusual. Even though i enjoy them as pretty much ranged units destroying enemy forces in a melee fight without damaging mine too much. This is very unfitting for a catapult. Trying to kill archers on a wall can sometimes be a nightmare as they jiggle back and forth as they are out of range and the catapult cant kill, because of no AoE.

Another thing that seems wrong with them is their range. For some reason cannon towers have less range (1000) where catapults have more (1150) but they seem to have the same in practice. Whenever i try to attack a cannon tower with a catapult, its always hitting back. Its not a vision issue as i tried having vision with a flying unit. Either the cannon tower range description is wrong or that of the catapult.

8.Violet citadel mission and the one after. The busted stats of Rend are still a fact, i guess i'll keep him parked somewhere as he is unkillable. Transitioning from the violet citadel into the next mission, Utok suddenly lost all of his items?! Anyways, without items he's quite squishy and the AI absolutely LOVES targeting him.. so not much use of him anymore i guess. He's bound to die or be parked in the base. There's also a missing description for the head of Gul'Dan item - Orb of Corruption effect. Only the unholy armor is mentioned.

In this mission, something i noticed from the very start - man those griffins hit hard. absolute trains. With their attack up to 175, towers die in 2-3 hits and so do most range units, best thing is to net them down i guess. They do however have 0 armor, which makes them easier to kill, but with 1300 hp bar its still a thing. Luckily the AI doesnt send more than 2 per attack. This also brings me to the difficulty setting of the campaign so far. The AI doesnt seem to do all that much. Launching the occasional attack wave which is quite the same always or with maybe another option in the mix, it can always be countered as the attack location is the same and predictable. Making some hard counters and rotating if necessary. Even on hard difficulty the attacks are quite small, i have never been attacked by more than 5 or 6 units i believe, and that was a mix of grunts, archers and 1 caster - nothing that cant be stopped easily, especially by those badass heroes. The AI never rebuild production buildings or workers, sometimes not even armies. Has 1 barracks that produces grunts or footmen while you're attacking and thats it. if you snipe it and kill the workers so they dont repair, the base is gone. Then its a dungeon, not a base vs base rts. That doesnt count as 'Hard' its more on the easy side or maybe medium. The hardest attacks were actually at Zul'Aman where you defend with 1 hero and some recruits. However from storytelling perspective it is amazing. I assume this is the goal, but difficulty should be pumped up, at least for 'Hard' setting.

I havent progressed further. Will edit afterwards. Those extra missions are a pure joy and they keep me looking every corner! I always think that something is a secret ahaha.

Last edited:
Level 3
Bug report: When finishing mission the Dragonqueen mission upon defeating the final boss and finishing the mission it goes to a cutscene, once that it does it presents two options "continue"/"quite" if you hit continue it will take you to the campaign screen, when i hit continue it crashes.
The same thing happened to me

Level 2
1.On the mission where the player needs to build 4 oil platforms - if the enemy exhausts some of them the mission should automatically fail. I ended up clearing everything on 3/4 platforms and couldn't build the last one ... meaning restart. Could have ended sooner as to not waste time.

I'm still stuck here, I had that issue the first time and wondered why I couldnt complete it. So I restarted and captured all 4 but it still wont complete. I think it may be because I hit the oil quantity goal by destroying their refineries, but then used a lot of oil so I went under the required goal, captured all 4 oil platforms, then produced enough oil - so maybe it got confused there?

It is an amazing mod, but as well as completing the missions you have to work out how to complete the missions so they log it properly.

Hotfix v1.01 (09 Jan 2024)

Acts now are visible for the fisrt playthrough for the blocked players if they dont want to start from the begining.
All links are updated

Mission 01:
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed bug with signal fire completion after failing
Mission 02:
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed sasquatch flying above the cave
Mission 03
  • Naval AI nerfed
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 04:
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed skin for Gilneas Battleship
  • Nerfed naval AI difficulty
  • Placed the fountain of health in the camp
Mission 5:
  • Extended beach for building naval buildings in north part
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Changed drop for jungle monster
  • Naval AI difficulty nerfed
  • Turned off Rain for better performance
Mission 6S:
  • Fix Alextrasza stuck when she goes back
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 7:
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 8:
  • Creeps nerfed
Misison 8S:
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission09:
  • Fixed intant defeat on the last quest Hold the Line
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Archmage is invulnerable now till he starts freezing the lake
Mission 10:
  • Reworked logic of Death Knight Cinematic launch (now no need to wait till all player units are killed near the cathdral)
  • Creeps nerfed

Mission 12:
  • Fix Chogall running away in bossfight phase 2 and 3

Level 4
Hi,

Great mod but I must report bug Mission with Alextrasza first bug Fire elemental won't show up, second after dealing enough damage to boss in her nest she just became invincible and nothing happens, I started this mission like 9 times and finally was able to get it to work, but then third bug appeared cutscene ending this mission plays for 12 second and crash Warcraft.

Besides that, I didn't encounter any more bugs from now

Level 4
My unit models aren't displaying properly. I'm pretty I followed the installation instructions correctly. Also the main Download link doesn't work at all for me, I had to use the temporary mirrors.
I have exactly the same situation here and my game version is Warcraft.III.Reforged.v1.35.0.19887. After clicking on "OK" in the message, at the end a critical error message appeared and the game closed. Can someone help me please?!

And even though I downloaded CSW_Tides_Of_Darkness_EN.w3n for the first time today, I just downloaded it again to test what I read above, but I still get the same error.

Attachments

• Bug1.jpg
    Bug1.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 18
  • Bug2.jpg
    Bug2.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Bug3.jpg
    Bug3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Bug4.jpg
    Bug4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Level 3
First of all, I would like to congratulate everyone who helped design this project. It's a gigantic job and the maps are truly magnificent!

I haven't fully completed the campaign yet, I'm only at about chapter 8. In doing so, although the campaign redoubles its wonders, winks, secrets and others, I am surprised by its level of "difficulty" which varies greatly depending on the missions.

I don't know if changing the difficulty level in the menu really changes anything, but having set the game to difficult, I found the missions sometimes okay, sometimes very easy.
Although this comes down to everyone's estimation, chapter 7 "Runestone at Caer Darrow" surprised me by its ease where the first chapter immediately emphasized the importance of having good fleets and others to counter AI. While chapter 7 gives the impression of having too big a map with too many gold mines (While taking my time, I had over 100K gold at the end of the mission and without using the last gold mine)

(It's a shame that in the recent patch note that I read the AI of the first missions was nerfed, it was the main thing that I appreciated. A challenge, without being hardcore)

Otherwise, apart from a few text errors or minor bugs at my current stage of the game (such as the texts of our half-hero's powers which no longer have numerical information once one of his powers has passed level 2), the game wants to be clean. Although with drops in fps at times during cutscenes as has already been mentioned.

A great start to the campaign :D

Level 2
Anyone else having trouble with Alonsus Faol and the other paladin boss in destruction of stratholme? they seem to be unkillable. their aura makes them regenarate health faster than I can damage them.

Level 4
Report bug:

Final mission, cross island part.

• Quest says Rend must survive, but not even here, thus u cant control him.
    • After Killing the Archmage, u need to destroy the Violet Citadel, but after destroying it, nothing happens.
    [*]

Do you mean mission 9? I think you have to destroy the tents and other buildings all around it, for the quest to complete.

Level 2
Hello, about Hotfix v1.01 update, is the w3n the only file changed or the assets too please ?
I'm using Linux and I was able to install this mod by running a windows vm and doing the asset installation process in the windows vm then copy the Warcraft III folder to Linux.
That's why I ask, not sure if I need to do the asset patching process again.

Edit : Nevermind I should have check the Asset Installer page, it says when it's been updated last.

Last edited:
Level 2
Anyone else having trouble with Alonsus Faol and the other paladin boss in destruction of stratholme? they seem to be unkillable. their aura makes them regenarate health faster than I can damage them.
Kill everyone around them and then send your heroes againts them, your heroes will die and cutscene will trigger so your can continue. Atleast thats how it worked for me