• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
maptitle-png.385652

Chronicles of the Second War:
Tides of Darkness
Relive the events of Warcraft II orc campaign, reimagined in Reforged engine.
Experience rich lore from the events of the Second War, based on classic games and novels.
Enjoy the gameplay that merges best features of WC2 and WC3, through RTS and RPG missions.
Explore mysterious places and conquer mighty cities with beautifully crafted terrain and decorations.

fade-seperator-png.362941

*** Installation Guide for Windows OS***
ActionVisual Clue
This campaign is available for those who have purchased a copy of "Warcraft III: Reforged": https://warcraft3.blizzard.com/ latest version 1.36.1
If you have the Demo version of CSW (circa 2020) installed - delete it and clean up the retail folder from its assets
Make sure your game settings are set HD reforged graphics
Download the campaign file
Put campaign file into C:/User/Documents/Warcraft3/Campaigns/
f8c391e5-7ff3-4be1-ade5-568d894dee0e-png.457961
Download installer Asset Installer
Put installer into Warcraft 3 folder where Game Launcher.exe is placed
1c02d8c8-ab64-49a6-98d6-f9ed69e65ee2-png.457962
Download asset pack Asset Pack
Run CSW Installer.exe as Administrator
f67e04c2-61a0-45a6-865e-d2b198161ef4-png.457966
Click button “Load Resource” - pick the Asset Pack
17def230-db66-4f7c-a2bf-117548de70ef-png.457963
Wait till the archive is unpacked
Reboot your PC
Launch "Wacraft III: Reforged" game
Go to “Single Player” → “Custom Campaign”
d37efbc2-827a-4f7b-8b33-e2fae4daac4c-png.457965
Play the game.
Remember that Campaign works only in HD (Reforged graphics) game settings.
The Campaign is not compatible with Quenching mod.

If textures were not applied after installation of asset pack - reinstall assets one more time.
b2474263-8d30-4e41-bf5a-ff4cc2b07f28-png.457964

*** Installation Guide for MAC OS***
ActionVisual Clue
This campaign is available for those who have purchased a copy of "Warcraft III: Reforged": https://warcraft3.blizzard.com/ latest version 1.36.1
Put campaign file into folder for campaign in MAC OS
Right click on the TOD_Campaign_Assets.csw file and open with Archive Utility.
Unzip the Asset Pack as you would a zip file into the retail folder within the Reforged installation directory.
Open the terminal and enter the following exactly:
defaults write "com.blizzard.Warcraft III" "Allow Local Files" -int 1
If texture issues persist after the above steps, try restarting the machine.
Play the game.

If textures were not applied after installation of asset pack - reinstall assets one more time.

*** Installation Guide for Linux OS***
ActionVisual Clue
Put campaign file into folder for campaign in Linux OS
Follow the following guide but for Warcraft 3 Reforged: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxet_LLQIwE&t=424s
This runs Reforged under Steam's emulation layer
Unzip the Asset Pack as you would a zip file into the retail folder within the Reforged installation directory
The tricky part is finding your "home" directory where you put your custom campaigns. In one user's case (agibsonccc) the filepath was the following:
/home/agibsonccc/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/2542504305/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/Warcraft III/Campaigns
The way proton works is you have steam and then an "appid" followed by a "prefix". The appid is basically a mapping to a "game" you specify in the left side in steam. That's wine's root directory. drive_c is C: then from there the paths should be the same.
If texture issues persist after the above steps, try restarting the machine.
Play the game.

Features
17 Missions packed with captivating gameplay

5 hours of Cinematics capturing and expanding on important lore moments

Lore conveyed through immersing gameplay, bringing you back into WC2 era

Voice Acting for over 1500 lines, from unit quotes to cinematics

Soundtrack recreating original Warcraft II music, made by talented artists

Heroes & Characters introduced through gameplay and cameos

Oil Resource system from classic Warcraft II, for immersive naval experience

Boss Battles with engaging and challenging mechanics inspired by World of Warcraft

Recommended PC Requirements
HardwareValue
Operating SystemWindows 10 64-bit (latest version)
ProcessorIntel Core i7
VideoGTX 1080
Memory32GB
Storage3GB (for campaign files)

Known Issues
Place - ScopeBugPriority for fix in next patchesComment
1GlobalSometimes Oil UI Warning messages can be played during cinematicsMediumNeed to investigate jass oil script and fix it.
2Chapter Nine: Razing of Tyrs HandEnemy AI doesnt send troops via transports to attack player.Medium
3Chapter Eleven: Quel’ThalasTroll camp AI might work weird. It has to be rewritten to JASS instead of GUI.Medium
4Chapter Ten: StratholmeMounted Gul’dan model has issues with facial animations. Probably need to rework model form scratch.Medium
5Chapter Ten: StratholmeEnemy Naval AI is not attacking playerMediumRequire a lot of effort on investigating AI script and testing.
6GlobalUpon Loading Saved game, the custom wc2 music list is played over like second layer.Medium
7GlobalBuilding and Unit models willbe updated in next pathces (pkb effects)MediumPKB effect were removed cuz it caused a lot of crashes before 1.36.1
8GlobalSome unit animations and models will be fixed and improvedMedium
9Chapter 13: Tomb of SargarasSometimes Rend Visual Aura Effect (BlackRoll and Roll) is not displayed .Medium
10GlobalGul’dan spell “Inferno” - summoned infernal need to be better balanced.Low
11GlobalCho'gall and Ogre-Magi Spell animation sometimes overlap and duplicate.Low
12GlobalFacial Animations are not stable in the maps that have a lot of dialogues.LowThe problem is that faceanim sometimes doesnt work for unknown reasons, and dev need to manually try another faceanim. Change and testing takes a lot of time.
13GlobalItems that need custom models:
  • Mana potion
  • earth elemental summoning token
Low
14GlobalMelee unit can attack enemy unit that is standing on the wall, no matter how big difference in Z axis is.LowMelee Attack in game enginge doesnt take into account Z axis. In order to fix this, the additional pathing blockers has to be palced. Tedious and time consuming work that could delay release for many weeks.
15GlobalSometimes Air units can go through models of high towers.LowThis reuqires tedious rework of pathing blockers in some missions.
16Lost Chapter: DragonqueenThe goblin motor boat damage flames are disappearing when Zuluhed dismounts from it.LowestHard to identify the reason why it happens.
17GlobalCho'gall In-game text transmissions missing line breaks.Lowest
18GlobalFPS drops in some cutscenes that have panorama viewIMPOSSIBLE TO FIXThe team didnt have the knowledge about some limitations, but we wanted to make some beautiful shots.
19GlobalOn the loading screen map can crash because of incorrect texture decompression.
Walkaround - restart the mission.
IMPOSSIBLE TO FIXBlizzard Bug
20GlobalWhen the Peon which carry resourse is switched to another Building Construction set, the resource he carry is lost.IMPOSSIBLE TO FIXThe game engine limitations doesnt allow to fix this bug.
21GlobalUnits that don’t have Facial Animations:
  • Goblin Zeppelin
  • Gangrel
  • Fanatic
  • Twilight Peon
  • Cho'gall
IMPOSSIBLE TO FIXThose units are using soundkits of the beasts and mechanisms, whose sounds were replced in import manager. And they don’t have the needed facefx.

Credits

Click here for full credits list.

"Huge thank you to everyone who supported us, helped us, believed in us.
We hope this campaign was fun to play. Stay tuned for upcoming sequel
Chronicles of the Second War - Rise of the Alliance."
- LoreCraft Designs team

Translation / Dubbing

Changelog

Patch v1.03 29/Jan/2024)

Hotfix v1.02 11/Jan/2024)

Hotfix v1.01 09/Jan/2024)

Previous Version Savegames will not be loadable.
Acts now are visible for the first playthrough for the blocked players if they dont want to start from the begining.

Campaign:

• Chogall cinematic walk fix by Fugrim
  • Deathwing Pre-Wow remodeling by Handclaw (model) and Symphoneum (animations) + fixes by VictorZ (animations)
  • Goblin Zeppelin Portait floppy mouth animation fix by Malmgrev
  • Death Knight Death Coil Ability Drain Effect changed to Red Life Drain
  • Death Knight Armor type changed to Small
  • Death Knight HP increased from 400 to 600
  • Human Mage Armor type changed to Small
  • Human Mage HP increased from 400 to 600
  • Dragon armor increased from 0 to 2
  • Gryphon Rider Armor increased from 0 to 2
  • Goblin rockets item damage doubled
Mission 06S:
  • Fixed Alextrasza landing bug in Lost Chapter I: Dragonqueen
  • Decreased the amount of souls to charge the Dragonsoul from 5 to 3
Mission 10:
  • Teron Gorefiend superunit armor type changed to Small and life increased to 1000
Mission 4:
  • Naval AI upgrade level nerfed to 1 on Hard and training pause increased
Mission 5:
  • Naval AI upgrade level nerfed to 1 on Hard and training pause increased
Mission 7:
  • Removed second ballista from Stromgarde Attack Wave on Hard and Normal

Acts now are visible for the first playthrough for the blocked players if they dont want to start from the begining.

Campaign:

• Zeppelin price increased from 500 to 1000 gold
  • Zeppelin build time increased from 20 to 61
  • Zeppelin food cost increased from 1 to 4
  • Pillage rate nerfed
Mission 09:
  • Hold the line defeat condition changed to be more reliable
  • Autokiling zeppelins that reach cinematic area of Tyrs Hand
Mission 11S:
  • Decreased bounty for killing units

Mission 01:

• Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed bug with signal fire completion after failing
Mission 02:
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed sasquatch flying above the cave
Mission 03
  • Naval AI nerfed
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 04:
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Fixed skin for Gilneas Battleship
  • Nerfed naval AI difficulty
  • Placed the fountain of health in the camp
Mission 5:
  • Extended beach for building naval buildings in north part
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Changed drop for jungle monster
  • Naval AI difficulty nerfed
  • Turned off Rain for better performance
Mission 6S:
  • Fix Alextrasza stuck when she goes back
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 7:
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 8:
  • Creeps nerfed
Misison 8S:
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission09:
  • Fixed instant defeat on the last quest Hold the Line
  • Creeps nerfed
  • Archmage is invulnerable now till he starts freezing the lake
Mission 10:
  • Reworked logic of Death Knight Cinematic launch (now no need to wait till all player units are killed near the cathdral)
  • Creeps nerfed
Mission 12:
  • Fixed Chogall running away in bossfight phase 2 and 3
  • Fixed Rend disappeared from cache (need to be tested starting form mission 9)
Previews
Contents

CSW campaign Tides of Darkness (Campaign)

Reviews
Archian
We are thrilled to share some news with all of you about Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness, we are happy to announce that it has been officially granted a prestigious Director's Cut rating! This recognition is a testament to the...
Level 2
small typing error in the installation guide: the folder to copy the campaign file into is C:/User/Documents/Warcraft3/Campaigns/ ...not Campaings/ :) be aware of this, if you got create the folder yourself if it's not existing already.

by the way: the textures / models missing, which seemingly is fixed by rebooting your PC, just didn't work for me... till i realized that i forgot to run the CSW installer as admin. after i did that , i didn't even have to restart. worked instantly. :xxd:
after i ran that thing, closed it without starting the game, completely rebooting the pc and only after that tried the game. No building / neutal building goldmine etc models show up. Every unit is black white grey or red. Many ground textures are grey or totally black....atleast it works for you :D
still 0/10, not working after several restarts

Level 4
I've managed to get as far as the 6th mission and so far, my only minor issue is that when building advanced structures, I have to click on two different hammer icons and then do so again, to switch back to regular structures. Bit of a turn off, but no big deal.

Also, I too had that same issue in the previous mission as Augustus. It was only when I used the vision cheat to look around the map and eventually found the path behind some trees, that I noticed Utok with the exclamation mark above his head. Afterwards, I reloaded by saved game and went back to camp.

Aside from those two minor things, my only problem is that the Reforged game is constantly freezing, lagging, and crashing. But I know it has nothing to do with this campaign, because the game has been doing that for a long time. Honestly, it feels like the Blizzard devs knew that fans would create better content than they ever could, and so purposely made the game unplayable, just to screw with us. Bastards!

Last edited:
Level 11
Can we get an alternate link to the alternate link? Google Drive has too many people downloading and the Hive is veeeery slow! I can't wait to play this campaign!

Level 2
Can we get an alternate link to the alternate link? Google Drive has too many people downloading and the Hive is veeeery slow! I can't wait to play this campaign!
someone needs to start a torrent, i got the legacy download , but i guess i need more files since the characters was only showing red or white colours :p

Campaing:

Assets:

Installer:

Level 2
Campaing:

Assets:

Installer:
uhm that site wants me to make an account and pay xD

Level 21
Campaing:

Assets:

Installer:

Thank you!
It really worked for me and moment of truth in order to do the Campaign file and the installer, with the assets...

Attachments

• Files downloaded.png
    Files downloaded.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 35
Level 2
after i ran that thing, closed it without starting the game, completely rebooting the pc and only after that tried the game. No building / neutal building goldmine etc models show up. Every unit is black white grey or red. Many ground textures are grey or totally black....atleast it works for you :D
still 0/10, not working after several restarts
I'm having the same issue.

Level 8
Samze problem for maps corrupted or missing textures, try several times thanks to the comment it work perfectly, and what a game changer! it's unbelievible, just the mission 5 and the interlude, it's frking awesome, thank you so much :infl_thumbs_up::cry:

Any idea of thon the voice-acings for others language release ?

And Just some minor things, like utok not facing the interlocutor, gold is take 10 by 10 sometimes or some lines repeated in games but rly not big things
Wait, so what did you do to fix it? I haven't been able to play it yet.

Level 12
Wait, so what did you do to fix it? I haven't been able to play it yet.
Like Metamorpheus said at page7, the main problem I had was to Run everything as an "Administrator", and immediately after reboot the PC
For corruped data, I delete the full game, and Re-upload it, I think there is a better way x) and follow strictly the way describe by the CSW maker..

Level 9
Hi all! I am sincerely impressed by the project, it is beyond praise. This is probably the best game I've played in the last 5 years. The guys who developed this, you are the best, you were able to do incredible things. Even if Blizzard releases its own version of the Warcraft 2 remake, I will consider your project canon. I was fond of mapmaking in Warcraft, and I was sure that you would not be able to surprise me... but I was very mistaken. There are moments that struck me to the core. Cinematics are something. No spoilers, the lake moment, my jaw dropped, it was something. Thank you for taking me back to my childhood and showing Warcraft 2 in the form that was remembered in my head.

There is one fly in the ointment - from a game design point of view, the game is a little outdated, but I understand that you squeezed everything possible out of the core engine of WarCraft 2 and WarCraft 3. Introducing more mechanics simply made the game more complicated. I didn’t really like the difficult mode, it took too long to kick neutral-hostiles, whose killing does not pay off the cost of killing. BUT this is a small thing.
I think you're a wild success compared to Blizzard's failures. There is a second reason for purchasing Reforged, for those who haven’t bought it yet (the first, released a little earlier than Re-Reforged), downloads prove this.
No spoilers, the credits scene is great!

I would like to support the project and its authors, but I am in a region from which I cannot top up your account. Could you open an account in a popular cryptocurrency (BTC, ETH, XRP)?

Special words of gratitude for Tamplier, because. I know that he is from Ukraine. Dude, you're cool for continuing to support the project despite adversity. I am on the other side, but I am not an enemy (Republic of Belarus). I'm just a person who lives. I hope all this madness ends and returns to relative normality. I remain of the opinion that we are fraternal peoples, but I understand that even after the end of the conflict, the stigma of mistrust and passive hostility will remain for decades. And there is no way to remove it. Nothing more to add, thank you.

*some people have some problems with Reforged. I only had errors and crashes in Reforged itself and minor bugs in the campaign itself, but no loss of textures, models or other unpleasant things, the most immersive experience.
I downloaded pure Reforged and installed all the content according to the documentation on a pure Reforged client of the current version (and I didn’t even need to restart my PC)! Hope it helps someone.

Level 2
Guys.. I had to create an account here, which is something I never do anywhere, for nothing. Just to give me word of appreciation to the team behind this.

I am at mission 6 so far, and it has been absolutely amazing so far. Growing up playing Warcraft 1, then 2, then 3, then 15 years of WoW pretty much, also having read all the lore.
I am astonished by the quality of the work that has been done in terms of scenes in between missions, gameplay, heroes' competences, everything.
The attention to detail is everywhere. The respect given to each character in terms of personality, gear, dialogues.. truly brilliant.

You deserve to be so much rewarded by Blizzard and the community for your work.

I have not had so much fun playing a video game since many many years. Really, thank you.

Level 2
I am not able to follow the download instructions...I don't have any warcraft iii launcher and every time I try to run the CSW installer I have the following window:
1704576654890.png

Where the CSW_Installer should go?

Level 8
Like Metamorpheus said at page7, the main problem I had was to Run everything as an "Administrator", and immediately after reboot the PC
For corruped data, I delete the full game, and Re-upload it, I think there is a better way x) and follow strictly the way describe by the CSW maker..
Alright cool, I will try uninstalling and a fresh install and see if it works.

Level 10
It's... It has left me speechless. The only thing that prevents me from envying you is the knowing how many efforts have been put to this. A mapmaker myself, I know very well how difficult and exhausting the modding is. Thus, the quality of this project scares me. It's beyond any words and understanding, what true and loving Warcraft fans are capable of. What a nice present our beloved game has gotten for its anniversary.

Level 2
someone needs to start a torrent, i got the legacy download , but i guess i need more files since the characters was only showing red or white colours :p

i made a pack with the files needed to play csw , packed it into 1 file with winrar, here is a magnet link, magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1aac95a9c8d32abd79e458ba0da2d4034c954530&dn=ChroniclesOfTheSecondWar.rar

Level 9
I've encountered an error on The Lost Isles Boss Fight which you can reload to that specific point of the mission if you die (very convenient). However when the boss fight initiates Rend and Maim are sealed into the first segment but it is only Maim in the arena. On the second part of the arena fight after destroying three of Cho'galls void replica's he bugs off outside the arena so you can't hit him. I believe I ran into this because I didn't realize Rend was supposed to be in the party even though he was in the cutscenes at the start. I'll hop on later and perhaps I'll have to restart the mission over and make sure Rend and Maim are present.

Just a heads up for anyone if you see a hero in a cutscene and he is not present at the start of the mission do not try to progress otherwise you will hit a dead end somewhere down the line.

Edit: I restarted The Lost Isles and Rend is still present in the beginning cutscene but not present in-game which you will not be able to progress further once you reach the fight with Cho'gall. It is only Zuluhed and Maim. Anyone else run into this progression bug? Also I just noticed there is no marker showing I've completed chapter 2 and 3 and also the lost chapters as well. Perhaps since Chapter 2 and 3 not marked as complete Rend didn't carry over???

Last edited:
Level 2
As an update to my issues yesterday, I was finally able to start up CSW! The passion is abound in this work and you can really tell you guys put your blood, sweat and tears into this! I was worried I would experience some bugs along the way given the recent posts. However, the first two missions went by bug free - no glitches, cinematic issues, color weirdness or anything like that. However, once I completed the second mission, the game was stuck on a black screen with no sound and no way to exit the game, forcing a hard quit. I was able to open the menu but clicking "exit game" did nothing. I will try again later and update this post. Thanks again for all of your incredible work!

Level 2
I am not able to follow the download instructions...I don't have any warcraft iii launcher and every time I try to run the CSW installer I have the following window:
View attachment 458226

Where the CSW_Installer should go?
It might be different for everyone but my installer goes here:
1704587067092.png

That is where you should find the .exe for Warcraft III. I also had to put the campaign in a different location than what is detailed, because for some reason Warcraft 3 wants to use my onedrive. I imagine others might be different as well, so mine looks like this:
1704587309235.png

Level 2
i fix my stutter problem i change game HDD to SSD and good.

this is so good incredible job! i like it so much! crazy good.. you guys well done!

It was very enjoyable and very detailed.

thanks for this.

Level 1
I've encountered an error on The Lost Islands Boss Fight which you can reload to that specific point of the mission if you die (very convenient). However when the boss fight initiates Rend and Maim are sealed into the first segment but it is only Maim in the arena. On the second part of the arena fight after destroying three of Cho'galls void replica's he bugs off outside the arena so you can't hit him. I believe I ran into this because I didn't realize Rend was supposed to be in the party even though he was in the cutscenes at the start. I'll hop on later and perhaps I'll have to restart the mission over and make sure Rend and Maim are present.

Just a heads up for anyone if you see a hero in a cutscene and he is not present at the start of the mission do not try to progress otherwise you will hit a dead end somewhere down the line.

Edit: I restarted The Lost Isles and Rend is still present in the beginning cutscene but not present in-game which you will not be able to progress further once you reach the fight with Cho'gall. It is only Zuluhed and Maim. Anyone else run into this progression bug? Also I just noticed there is no marker showing I've completed chapter 2 and 3 and also the lost chapters as well. Perhaps since Chapter 2 and 3 not marked as complete Rend didn't carry over???
Yea i have the same Problem :-(

Level 2
This is the best campaign I've played in any stradegy game! So good , Good story telling, way more detail and deep story than the original wc2 along with more visuals and OMG the scene of the horde armada at the shore from the original wc2 remade by you guys was AMAZING! lol I'm only half way done and I'm loving it so far. Great work!

Level 9
This is the best campaign I've played in any stradegy game! So good , Good story telling, way more detail and deep story than the original wc2 along with more visuals and OMG the scene of the horde armada at the shore from the original wc2 remade by you guys was AMAZING! lol I'm only half way done and I'm loving it so far. Great work!
Let me know if you run into a progression breaking bug in chapter 12.

Level 1
Hi,

Running the game on 1.32 windows 11. Reforged itself works fine but I'm struggling to get CSW to run at all.

So far I've followed all the instructions and can click on the tides of darkness page in the campaign list. It takes me to the list of different parts of the campaign but no matter what one I try to start I get the following error message:

Warning

This map has been saved by a more recent version of the editor.
It may contain data which are not supported in this version.

Continue loading map?

If I click yes, it just shows the error message over and over until the game crashes. If I click no it black screens warcraft and I have to exit game.

Any help would be great.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hi,

Running the game on 1.32 windows 11. Reforged itself works fine but I'm struggling to get CSW to run at all.

So far I've followed all the instructions and can click on the tides of darkness page in the campaign list. It takes me to the list of different parts of the campaign but no matter what one I try to start I get the following error message:

Warning

This map has been saved by a more recent version of the editor.
It may contain data which are not supported in this version.

Continue loading map?

If I click yes, it just shows the error message over and over until the game crashes. If I click no it black screens warcraft and I have to exit game.

Any help would be great.
Any reason why you're not on the latest patch? The game has campaign support again. I'm a little out of my element here but I assume this is meant to be played this way.

Level 1
i just bought Reforged today, then downloaded this demo, added to Documents\Warcraft III\Maps, opened game and went to single player , custom games, opened map 1 and most of assets are white and menu area is green. I checked the options and its set to Reforged and not classic. i also checked the preferences file and hd=1
i have the same issue, how did you resolve it? or were you not able to resolve it?

Level 3
Hey guys, first of: I cannot put into words, how I have always wanted a campaign like this. I also made a few attempts doing a campaign from the pov of the horde in the second war, but this is beyond my wildest dreams. I will also go so far as to say (and seconding Danym) that this is the best campaign in any RTS I have ever played. I may be sleep deprived and too much into it right now, but this may be the thing to WC3... nah RTS campaign building what BG3 is to RPG games.

I will make a full review after I'm through but right now I wanted to report a bug, which pretty much breaks the game and prevented me from advancing.

In the second phase of the fight with Cho'Gal, he has the tendency to run down to the goldmine, as he isn't blocked by the cliffs. He then stands around there and doesn't come back. Also I wanted to know: in the third phase, his AOE is at some point not survivable anymore, no matter how far you run away from him. Is that intentional? I'm playing this on Hard btw. And one more side note: is it also intentional that Rend doesn't show up in the level (and the next) despite being in the cutscenes?

edit: attached an image. also my workaround for the moment was to whosyourdaddy him, but still it was a really intense fight and quite memorable. well done!

thank you so much for all your work and dedication! absolutely love this and can't wait to finish this.

Attachments

• boss fight.jpg
    boss fight.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 83
Level 6
Oh and by the way...This is now my headcanon...

I seriously hope you will consider making your own private WoW server one day, with a map that reflects the one you made and with the lore you guys are making. I would LOVE to see these models used in a private server... Keep the good parts of retail, revise the weird parts, and get rid of the crap parts (shadowlands etc)

Level 8
Encountered a glitch where mission was not recorded as completed. I realized this when I didn't have all of Utok's side quest abilities unlocked even though I had done all of his side quests (so far). I am going to try replaying the mission later to see if it gets updated but just thought I'd share.

Otherwise, no further issues for me personally and it's going pretty well.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-07 161107.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-07 161107.png
    788.9 KB · Views: 47
Level 1
Update 23-Aug-2021: We have now released the polished missions 1 to 4 as a campaign, made possible with the Quenching Mod.
Just joined, so please forgive any ignorance, but I'm wondering why at the bottom of the install directions, it says "Not compatible with the Quenching Mod" but then here it says made possible with the Quenching mod.

I also am experiencing the issue of the in-game models only showing up as White base models with some appearance features showing up. The town hall, and buildings all do not show up as well.

I just did a fresh install, and am about to do the computer reboot.

I will attach any necessary photos/screenshots.

Level 1
Just joined, so please forgive any ignorance, but I'm wondering why at the bottom of the install directions, it says "Not compatible with the Quenching Mod" but then here it says made possible with the Quenching mod.

I also am experiencing the issue of the in-game models only showing up as White base models with some appearance features showing up. The town hall, and buildings all do not show up as well.

I just did a fresh install, and am about to do the computer reboot.

I will attach any necessary photos/screenshots.
For me: I did run CSW as admin originally, but it didnt do the trick. My fix was Deleting CSW through the installer, then running it again as admin, and re-installing, then rebooting. I am seeing the correct textures and buildings now.

For those seeing the white/red models. I would recommend trying the above with what I did.