• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chronicles of Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Having competition makes one bring out the best projects. I suggest a remake of tomoraider's continuation of WC3 campaigns.
Armies of Azeroth have almost 26 000 follower on facebook only , a large group of project members and direct support from Blizzard and major people around Starcraft 2. Competing against them is useless. I focus on Warcraft 1 and Warcraft 2, something others don't do.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I played the first orc campaign map yesterday. Well made, although I wondered a bit about the rocks on top of the gold mines. Seemed a little odd, given that units can move through and even hide in it.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Sorry for double post, but I will be posting my bug findings here:

- Griselda chapter: Cannot summon skeletons cause the spell is not learned.

-Death animation and corpses don't show up for all models (footman, raider for instance)

-Missile animation for archers is very hard to see sometimes.

-Human peasants use orc death sound.

Last edited:
Level 7

-Not a bug as such, but I'm not sure the movement speeds are correct for the different units. Did spearthrower/archer have wolf rider speed in WC1?

As far as I know they are correct. I got them from a very detailed manual made from game tests and datamines. Thank you for reporting the Griselda one

Level 7

-Not a bug as such, but I'm not sure the movement speeds are correct for the different units. Did spearthrower/archer have wolf rider speed in WC1?

You can see on this video how Archer, Knight and Peasant have the same speed:

Level 7
Cool. Thanks for clarifying :).
What about the rocks on top of gole mines btw?

I'm not really a fan of them either but all of those who were involved in making the terrains insisted on it, so they were kept
, but yeah... I won't need a lot of convincing to remove them, just a few haha

Level 7
Hey guys.

I have many news for you. First of all we have lots of new models that will be added for Warcraft 2 soon. Secondly I released the first alpha test map of our coop mode with 6 commanders (Varok Saurfang, Lothar, Fenris Wolfbrother, Khadgar, Kargath Bladefist and Teron Gorefiend).

Our COOP Heroes mode inspired by the Starcraft 2 COOP Commander mode. In this mode you will fight against the computer on objective based maps with a friend, both of you are controlling one of the mighty heroes of the second war. Each of these heroes will come with a unique tech-tree with a mix of old and completely new units, abilities, upgrades and strategies.

The settings of the mode will be based on the second war but it won’t be entirely canon as we didn’t want to be too much restricted. It will feature a new story told by the series of the map where you will fight against new enemies: Xorakk Bonewalker, a renegade Death Knight, and his clan, the Slaughtersun Clan.

The test map is out on the European Server of Starcraft 2. Its called COA COOP Altars. This map's goal is to survive the endless horde of enemies and send a strike forces to each altars to defeat the enemy boss. Xorakk has enslaved the minds of a Human Town and its forces and now he is working on nefarious rituals. You must stop the wretched Death Knight by defeating him on his Altars. But beware, the unfortunate soldiers of the town will swarm your base like mindless zombies and Xorakk will open portals to summon his undead creatures.

Attachments

• ingame.jpg
    ingame.jpg
    838.7 KB · Views: 228
  • Khadgar1.jpg
    Khadgar1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 225
  • Lothar1.jpg
    Lothar1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 208
  • Teron1.jpg
    Teron1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 225
  • WC2_-_Battleship.png
    WC2_-_Battleship.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 230
  • WC2-BloodSeas-GiantTurtle.png
    WC2-BloodSeas-GiantTurtle.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 213
  • WC2-BloodSeas-Hellscream.png
    WC2-BloodSeas-Hellscream.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 244
  • WC2-BloodSeas-Ogre.png
    WC2-BloodSeas-Ogre.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 229
  • WC2-BloodSeas-OrcTransport.png
    WC2-BloodSeas-OrcTransport.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Level 4
Hello
I got a problem I’m trying to start the map on starcraft 2 and it always says me download 4 percent, and don’t go further

Level 7
Hello
I got a problem I’m trying to start the map on starcraft 2 and it always says me download 4 percent, and don’t go further

Strange, never had similar problem with others. All of our maps do this for you or just the coop one? Try to wait a bit maybe if its the coop, it has to download lots of new stuffs with multiple dependencies.

Level 11
Does anyone stay in touch with viktor1995/Rommper? In the early 2020, he said the mod is being put on hold until some of his IRL issues are resolved, but it's been a while since then. You can find his reply on the mod's Moddb page in the comments below:

As of today, custom melee maps in SC2 Arcade work well, but the Orcs & Humans campaign remake has numerous problems when played with the recent version of SC2. Both campaigns are unplayable due to constant crashes. Maybe someone could pick this project up if they get Viktor's blessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.