1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Chillwind Peak

Submitted by Jackyy.BaDitO2
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Chillwind Peak 4v4 Map

by BaDitO

Map Description:
Named for the chill winds that sweep through this area, this Mountain is no friendly place.

---------------------------------

Overall this map is pretty much enspired by the starcraft 2 map "Asper Mountain", I thought this 3+1 vs 3+1 spawning could work very well in Warcraft 3. I can't wait for some feedback on that

Best Regards,

BaDitO
Contents

Chillwind Peak (Map)

Reviews
WolfFarkas
"""Overall this map is pretty much enspired by the starcraft 2 map "Asper Mountain" """ Yeah well, probably this is the 4v4 smallest map I saw (recently). I have 1 in 160x160 and there is hardly space to put nothing. So I would try to do 4v4...
  1. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    """Overall this map is pretty much enspired by the starcraft 2 map "Asper Mountain" """

Yeah well, probably this is the 4v4 smallest map I saw (recently). I have 1 in 160x160 and there is hardly space to put nothing. So I would try to do 4v4 perhaps in a more big layout.

Starcraft 2 has colossi and the reapers wich are really fun to use in cliff.
    Also starcraft 2 has very nice combos with air units,

protoss transports that act as pilon and can warp units.
    zergs can creep zones and spawns nydus worms to tunnel the army.
    and terrans well they have the medbacks but can heal units after landing. or vikings wich can go land go air, thats a great fun unit.
    But the wc3 talon druid is not like the terran viking sadly,

but wc3 has just the zeppelings,, and zepelings tend to be boring unless do some sort of siege tank nuke the townhall or mine, for hack the enemy.
    but is like land play is very limited with this layout. and wc3 is mostly land play because of the heroes, the heroes are the key of the game mostly.

what I mean is that this layout seems very interesting for starcraft 2 but I dont think the same for wc3.

The layout is fine, but not thaat atractive,have 2 paths for 8 armies is like, feels predictive or simple.
    I mean this layout I saw a lot of it in 1v1. Some sort of adaptation of Echo Isles. and is so overused that, I wouldnt recommend it.
    This is just an example of that layout: players in the same side, a big block between them to avoid rushs and only 2 land pathing options in yellow. one near one far.
    there are tons of maps like this one. and no one is better than Echo Isles IMO.

upload_2019-12-4_14-34-22.png

upload_2019-12-4_14-25-26.png

1)I think mines should be looking oposite, so its back will be "more protected" from air or zappers.

2)And the tavern zone, ramps seems like a very fast change of vision, you dont have vision in the tavern, I think it would be better to have everything at same level and use trees to limit scouting and pathing. I mean be in the tavern and have 0 vision of above and the others are seeing you from above and can target you from above , that could be something, that not everybody likes.

Overall I like a lot the 3+1 vs 3+1 idea, thats great!! I think thats the key point of fun. to further improve this I would make it a bit bigger and try to design the pathing so it can have perhaps many options: I rushed it but I would try to have something like this.

upload_2019-12-4_14-48-3.png

not going to review creeps and loot, thats mafe work, I just did some shape analysis.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 6:01 PM
  2. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Replace cliffs with trees.

3. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It was definitely fun to play. Middle needs more work to become more pleasing in a way but it does remind me of Red Alert 2 maps. Having one split player with extra gold mine is a nice touch. Also goblin shops and dragon roost areas could be done prettier.